How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 8 22.2%

Votes: 13 36.1%

Votes: 10 27.8%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
notTHATtodd said:
Wow. I've never known someone to freely admit they liked Jar Jar who wasn't a twelve year old boy who though fart jokes were the height of humor. I bow to your bravery in the face of all adversity.

Hey, it could have been worse, she could have said she liked the little miniature Asian girls who were Mothra's caretakers from the Godzilla movies.

I can't really say I liked Jar Jar, but I certainly didn't dislike him and had no problem with him in the movie. It's not like he's the only comedy relief character in Star Wars.

And I find that a lot of the people who do loathe him are waaaaaaaay too serious and elitist about Star Wars. And that is reeeeeeeeeally sad.

How can you give it a 6 out of 5? :?

I just read it then. I had to download it but I was desperate. It wasn't as good as I thought it'd be.

ProjectX2 said:
How can you give it a 6 out of 5? :?

I just read it then. I had to download it but I was desperate. It wasn't as good as I thought it'd be.

I had the same opinion, though I didn't think it was a bad book by any means. I wonder how much of a different opinion people would've had had it been drawn by Hitch.

I would've liked the art more, but it was the story that I felt underwhelmed with.

GMaster said:
I dont understand why people here dont like Dillon's art. He is an amazing artist.

I like his art. Not as much as Hitch's, but I like it. Was a huge Preacher fan back in the day so I've had some experience with Dillon's art. I think the reason a lot of people aren't blown away by the art in the Annual is that they're accustomed to Hitch's renditions of the Ultimates. $20 right now says when Ultimates 3 comes out a slew of people will be complaining about the art because it isn't Hitch drawing it, even if its done by an amazing artist like Hairsine, McNiven (I can only hope), or Land (this would be another great choice in my opinion).

GMaster said:
I dont understand why people here dont like Dillon's art. He is an amazing artist.

I absolutely agree, Gmaster. I don't why others don't like him. I would even like to have him on for Ultimates 3, but I'd definitely wan't to consider other contenders first.

ultimatedjf said:
I absolutely agree, Gmaster. I don't why others don't like him. I would even like to have him on for Ultimates 3, but I'd definitely wan't to consider other contenders first.

Ehhh, I'm lukewarm to the idea of Dillon doing Ultimates 3. Again, I like his art, just not sure if his style is suited for it. I wouldn't complain if he was the artist, but like you said, there's at least three other artists I can think of off the top of my head I'd rather do it.

DIrishB said:
I like his art. Not as much as Hitch's, but I like it. Was a huge Preacher fan back in the day so I've had some experience with Dillon's art. I think the reason a lot of people aren't blown away by the art in the Annual is that they're accustomed to Hitch's renditions of the Ultimates.

My feelings exactly. I feel the same way when I see Mark Bagley drawing the Ultimates. I like Bagley's art - but he's no Hitch.

UltimateE said:
My feelings exactly. I feel the same way when I see Mark Bagley drawing the Ultimates. I like Bagley's art - but he's no Hitch.

Exactly, and truth be told, I'm a little tired of Bagley's art on USM. I know he'll be around for awhile yet, but I'd personally love to see a new and capable artist take over the art duties on the title. Especially if its the guy who did the USM Annual (forgot his name).

I think its like this....

Dillions art wasnt bad, in fact, some scenes, like the end with the sniper rifl thing, were drawn VERY well.

Personally though, I REALLY didnt like how he drew Captain America, something about it, just DIDNT seem right. Maybe it was the fact alot of pics had cap with brown eyes, but i think the character in general I just didnt like how he drew.

Also, i was wondering...if they could enhance that Lieberman guy to have almost unbreakable skin and a brain wired into the SHIELD mainframe, why dont they do that for the Cap?

DIrishB said:
Exactly, and truth be told, I'm a little tired of Bagley's art on USM. I know he'll be around for awhile yet, but I'd personally love to see a new and capable artist take over the art duties on the title. Especially if its the guy who did the USM Annual (forgot his name).

Mark Brooks, of Arana "fame". :wink: And yes, I think Brooks' art is very good also.

ultimatedjf said:
Mark Brooks, of Arana "fame". :wink: And yes, I think Brooks' art is very good also.

Yup, thats it. I'd love to see this guy take over for Bagley. I'd also like to see his renditions of other Ultimates characters. Just something about his art style, very detailed and realistic, yet it somehow retains an "animated" styling. I just really like it.

DIrishB said:
Hey, it could have been worse, she could have said she liked the little miniature Asian girls who were Mothra's caretakers from the Godzilla movies.

Oh, who doesn't like the minoature asian girls from Mothra?

DIrishB said:
I like his art. Not as much as Hitch's, but I like it. Was a huge Preacher fan back in the day so I've had some experience with Dillon's art. I think the reason a lot of people aren't blown away by the art in the Annual is that they're accustomed to Hitch's renditions of the Ultimates. $20 right now says when Ultimates 3 comes out a slew of people will be complaining about the art because it isn't Hitch drawing it, even if its done by an amazing artist like Hairsine, McNiven (I can only hope), or Land (this would be another great choice in my opinion).

And just to add my two cents to this: I think it really is because Hitch has been drawing the Ultimates in a very realistic style (almost hyper-realistic) and then this guy comes along and draws in a style much more comic bookish. Kinda kills the feel of the characters. Hitch did the opposite of this when he drew Professor X as Patrick Stewart earlier. While I certain understood the reason for this, I actually prefer the Prof X that doesn't resemble his onscreen counterpart. That's just personal oppinion, of course.

Latest posts

Back