The Ultimates: Post Volume 2?

Bludd_Rush

Since it seems that Millar is leaving the series after Volume 2, I was thinking about whether the series will continue with a new creative team or if it will simply be given an end by Millar. After all, it is his creation and unlike the other Ultimate series', it still feels like something special. Don't get me wrong, Spidey and X-Men are still awesome (usually) but every issue of The Ultimates felt like a huge event. Obviously the huge delay between issues contributed to the effect, but should that be capitalised on by ending the series before it becomes "just another great title"? And could anyone else give the title the sense of greatness that Millar has given it? How many storylines can be made for the series before it becomes more like "Ultimate Avengers" rather than "The Ultimates"?
Personally, I think that the series should go when Millar goes (I welcome him to stay beyond Volume 2 if he can keep the feel to the series). Such things to end the series could be the death of Tony Stark due to his brain tumour, or Captain America walking out on the U.S government because of his displeasure at their means - possibly leading to a mini series paying homage to the old "Nomad" storyline in 616. Maybe if Tony doesn't die at the end of The Ultimates he could die in an Ultimate Iron Man mini, or the mini could end with his death imminent and his passing mentioned in another Ultimate title. In fact, all the characters could star in minis that redifine their place in the Ultimate Universe!
So, would you all rather see the series end under Millar or continue under a new creative team? And what do you think about the characters starring in their own mini's after the (possible) end of the series?

I really hope the ultimates continues after vol. 2, because it's my favorite of the ultimate titles.....But it wouldn't be the same with a different creative team.

Personally, I think that the series should go when Millar goes (I welcome him to stay beyond Volume 2 if he can keep the feel to the series). Such things to end the series could be the death of Tony Stark due to his brain tumour, or Captain America walking out on the U.S government because of his displeasure at their means - possibly leading to a mini series paying homage to the old "Nomad" storyline in 616. Maybe if Tony doesn't die at the end of The Ultimates he could die in an Ultimate Iron Man mini, or the mini could end with his death imminent and his passing mentioned in another Ultimate title. In fact, all the characters could star in minis that redifine their place in the Ultimate Universe!
So, would you all rather see the series end under Millar or continue under a new creative team? And what do you think about the characters starring in their own mini's after the (possible) end of the series?

I don't think ending it would be necessary. Here's how I see it - the first 2 Ultimates series deal with the forming and establishment of the team, and therefore is not meant to be ongoing like Spidey or X-Men. Now that they are established and set, being relegated to spot appearances in other books works out perfectly as has happened in Spidey and X-Men. Give us some individual minis with some brief Ultimates action and it's all good.

As for Tony dying - I think he's too integral in the Ultimate Universe as a whole. It's not like killing off Beast where it just makes some characters sad.

Ultimates for the people!

What are some possible creative teams that you would prefer to see on the next book of the ultimates and would you prefer it to be another thirteen issue volume or an ongoing monthly series? Also, what characters would you like to see join the team (or leave) and what villains would you like to see them battle?

I think that this series should keep going on. I remember Millar mentioning something about how he wanted a new Volume to start every 13 issues so that the new creative team could do something that is their own thing.

And a new creative team needs to do just that. If they have the same kind of title going on when we know that the second team will not do so hot, the title will hit the bottom and it will not be able to become bouyant again. Also, I feel like the Ultimates need to defect from SHIELD. I think they are strong enough to do so and SHIELD should concentrate on espionage stuff rather than the big government stuff.

Since there are so many Ultimate characters in New York City, it would be cool to see the team move to DC, or even the West Coast after Vol. 2.

Since there are so many Ultimate characters in New York City, it would be cool to see the team move to DC, or even the West Coast after Vol. 2.

We might get something like that, except instead of moving the Ultimates we know we'd get a new separate team of Ultimates.

Yeah, that would be interesting... I believe, though, that the Defenders are going to be a task force that will cover the places that the Ultimates can't seem to reach. There has to be multiple occurances in the world that will undoubtably call for super heroes and the Ultimates shouldn't be the only ones to fill that void. I mean, it would seem unrealistic if the Ultimates just showed up to where they were needed... I wouldn't like that.

Also, Loki and the Asgardian Gods are coming into play... I don't know much about them, but I am actually very interested in what will be done with them. I mean, they may not even be villains. It doesn't look like they will be seeing as how the Thor part of Vol. 2 will only be taking place in two issues.

No... I don't read enough of his titles to do so and it wouldn't be like he would answer questions about the Ultimates... Millar's a compulsive liar and I KNOW this! :)

Because Turtle Power is the kind of person that goes around looking for pictures of dead people; he's beyond help. We're actually holding out hope for you, although that's fading fast.

UltimateE said:
Because Turtle Power is the kind of person that goes around looking for pictures of dead people; he's beyond help. We're actually holding out hope for you, although that's fading fast.

I NEVER in my life expected those types of comments to be directed toward me. This changes everything.

Wait a second - what are you saying? Do you know Turtle Power?

hey, anyone know wat the official ultimates roster is? i know cap, wasp, hawkeye, widow and stark are official, but is thor?

Anonymous said:
hey, anyone know wat the official ultimates roster is? i know cap, wasp, hawkeye, widow and stark are official, but is thor?

Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are Black Ops if I'm not mistaken. I don't think Thor or Hulk are official.

Latest posts

Back