The Ultra-Mega Huge Tom Cruise Thread For The Ages, Part 1

Re: Celebrity Deaths (updated weekly)

I'd drop this but I think Moony's drawn a huge amount of completely wrong and unfair conclusions from what I've said and I don't want that to go on.

It's the internet man. Lighten up.

I don't me you're joke, I just mean the whole couch-jumping fiasco in general.

DIB is being extreme (I'd never wish death on anybody.) but you're acting like someone's inherent value in all spheres is directly depended on whether or not they're a nice person.

If you think I've said that Tom Cruise is a great actor or talented person because he's nice somewhere, you're wrong.

As far as his personality goes, Cruise seems like he does of good things but I doubt that he'd be a great person to spend more than a few minutes with. He reminds me of this kid I used to know in grade school. He was always polite and upbeat and he was the smartest kid in the class but he had literally no sense of humor. You had to explain every joke to him. He always took himself and everything else far too seriously. I kind of imagine that that's what Cruise is like.

I honestly used to think the exact same thing, but the more I see of him off-camera and read and hear what everyone who works with him says, he's supposed to have one of the best senses of humour out there. His off-the-cuff interactions with J.J. Abrams(for example) on the M:I3 dvd are hilarious.

That doesn't make him a bad person, but you act like him being like that makes him some kind of incredible ubermensch.

Show me the post where I said anything even remotely like "Tom Cruise is really intense and has no sense of humour and that makes him awesome".

I like people with flaws, people who seem human. I suppose one of the things I like least about Tom Cruise is that he puts off this public persona that he's absolutely perfect in every way. In fact, that's why people have been trying to say he's gay for years. (I've never personally believed it.) They want to find something to make him seem normal, some big secret he's hiding.

So why buy into all that rather than just think about it reasonably? He's not perfect, he's not some gay psychopath, he's just a guy who happens to be very successful and intense and generous and off-putting. If you don't like people who don't seem to have enough flaws, that's your problem, not theirs.

I'm kind of annoyed that you act like being a good person makes you automatically better at everything.

I have no idea where you're getting this. Being a good person isn't even really a means, it's an end. I don't think Tom Cruise is better at everything than most people, certainly not because he's "good". I just really admire him because he seems like he's a really nice and cool guy who demands the most out of life and doesn't take it for granted when he gets it, and this is more than I can say for most celebs out there. I'm sick of people calling him the biggest ******* in the world for pretty much no reason. That's my entire opinion here.

"OMG! Did you know that John Lennon used to be addicted to heroin and that he beat his girlfriend back in the fifties and was actually kind of a dick to people! I guess that makes his work totally invalid! *burns all Beatles and John Lennon albums*"

Sigh.... enjoy your fictional account of my posts, Moony. Work totally invalid? I've never said anything of the sort about anyone(although plenty others here certainly have about Cruise). But the fact is, yeah, stuff like that makes you a dick. Work has nothing to do with it. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Imagine" are both great songs. Kurt Cobain and John Lennon were geniuses. But people thinking they're cool for doing mean, destructive stuff like that and say how "unfair" it was for Kurt Cobain to kill himself during a heroin trip, and then mock Tom Cruise for doing the opposite, is absolutely insane.

The fact is that great artists quite often are dicks and drug addicts and weirdos and generally unhealthy people. That's what makes them great artists.

What the **** are you talking about? Tom Cruise is now sucks because he's too nice and not self-destructive enough?

And that's probably why I've never been impressed by any of Tom Cruise's performances. It's not like I can't separate his personal life from his work, this was far before any of that came out. Every movie I've seen him in, it's just seemed to me "Handsome Generic White Man saves the day!", "Handsome Generic White Man becomes samurai!", "Handsome Generic White Man exploits idiot savant brother!".

Almost as if he's some sort of actor that specializes in a character type.... some sort of.... character.....actor.... am I on to something?

So sure, I respect that he gives to charity and whatnot (I'd do the same if I had as much money as he does, and if someone says they wouldn't than they're a selfish *******.) and that he treats his fans well but I'm not going to pretend that he's not a generic actor or that he believes in and fully supports a massive, destructive scam that masquerades as a religion.

Whether or not he's a great actor isn't even part of this. I really like his work, you don't, it's opinion. My entire beef here is that people treat him like he's an evil person, which I think is ridiculous. As for Scientology, I still don't think it's any worse than most organized religions.

And I demand some sort of financial payment from you for making me write more words about Tom Cruise than I would've thought necessary.

You have earned one Schrute buck.

As for Scientology, I still don't think it's any worse than most organized religions.

Ok, gotta disagree with that one. Personally I don't believe in any form of religion, but I respect people who do (unless they are crazy fanatic types who commit crimes and tell the people God told them to do it).

Scientology isn't a religion. It's a scam. They might as well be e-mailing gullible people telling them that their name is Mr Bambawaiatuna from Nigeria, and they have £30,000,000 that they have managed to acquire from their corrupt government and would be willing to share it if the nice Mr Gullible would just give them their bank details to put it in. That's all Scientology is. A fancied up e-mail scam. The only difference is the fiction the gullible people are being told has been lifted out of a bad sci-fi novel.

Anyone willing to believe that for them to be all clean and pure they need to be hooked up to some gussied up EEG machine that tells them they have bits of bad souls in them is a bit nutty in the head....

as South Park so aptly put it...

Kyle: Do you realize how retarded that sounds?
Super Adventure Club Head Explorer: Is it any more retarded than the idea of God sending his son to die for our sins? Is it any more retarded than Buddha sitting beneath a tree for twenty years?
Stan: Yeah. It's way, way more retarded.

Last edited:

Oh my God. Why won't you all shut the **** up? One more ****ing post about Tom Cruise in this ****ing thread is going to get you infracted! He's not ****ing dead and no one cares whether you like him or don't! FOR ****'S SAKE!

Tom Cruise is dead? OMG WTF HE WUZ SO DREAMY!

Last edited:
Re: Tom Cruise crap

I removed all of this Tom Cruise **** from the thread because it's off-topic, pointless and pathetic. If you guys want to move it back to the Lounge in it's own thread, go ahead.

I removed all of this Tom Cruise **** from the thread because it's off-topic, pointless and pathetic. If you guys want to move it back to the Lounge in it's own thread, go ahead.

Absolutely the right thing to do, but I'm moving it to the Lounge as it's own thread. I find it hilarious that there is a thread debating the merits of Tom Cruise.

Proceed.

Ha, DiB gets the same treatment I got with the Spider-Man Unlimited thread.

EDIT: Also, don't we have a Tom Cruise thread?

Last edited:

Ha, DiB gets the same treatment I got with the Spider-Man Unlimited thread.

EDIT: Also, don't we have a Tom Cruise thread?

Yeah, but he's not out of context in a way that makes him unfairly look like a dick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, but he's not out of context in a way that makes him unfairly look like a dick. See, this:

is really funny, regardless of context.

True, true.

Also, after a quick search, we have like five Tom Cruise threads already.

And one Suri Cruise thread.

True, true.

Also, after a quick search, we have like five Tom Cruise threads already.

And one Suri Cruise thread.

hm.... We decided that we want to change the name to fit the fact that we're not Ultimate-centric anymore, yeah?

Well, we've found it!

Welcome to Cruise Central

Okay, well first of all he's admitted he was wrong about the anti-depressant stuff and made personal apologies.

Second, I'd take a guy who constantly acknowledges how lucky he is to have that life and makes sure he gives back to his fans to show that(like flying himself in to premires hours early to sign as many autographs and shake as many hands as possible.... and then doing it again three more times in one day all over the country) over jerks like Paul Newman who refuse face-to-face to do any such thing for fans of thiers, let alone go anywhere out of their way to, despite that fandom being solely responsible for them being allowed to live as famous millionares, any day of the week.

Same with the couch jumping crap. Wow, Tom Cruise gets worked up over his life and love and all that and makes a fool of himself on TV? What a douche, what an ***, I hope he dies. Kurt Cobain shows so little respect or care for his own body or success or life that he hooks himself on heroin and eventually blows his head off? What a genius, what a misunderstood tragedy of an artist, it's so unfair he died so young.

I'm not saying other celebrities are any more or less misguided, annoying, and/or undeserving of life. I personally just don't like the guy. I'm glad he's at peace with himself, knows how to service his fans, and can apologize for his mistakes, etc. I just never liked the guy, long before it was stylish to dislike Cruise because of his Oprah/Today show antics or his Scientology beliefs.

And I'm sorry, but yes, almost any religion practiced on this planet is more believable than Scientology. I'm not a religious person, and personally think organized religion is the worst thing to ever happen to faith in a higher being, but Scientology takes the cake for more reasons than I can count. Sure, a lot of their practices can be mildly compared to other religions' failings, but Scientology has only been around for 60 or 70 years. Therefore, its managed to cram in all that bad stuff in a much smaller increment of time.

Its crooked, and dare I say it, probably more crooked than most world religions (major or minor). How many other religions black list you and attempt to ruin your life for leaving their church?

Sorry, didn't mean to do off on a tangent, but I had to say it.

DIB is being extreme (I'd never wish death on anybody.)

EXTREME POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*bangs head into keyboard*

but you're acting like someone's inherent value in all spheres is directly depended on whether or not they're a nice person.

As far as his personality goes, Cruise seems like he does of good things but I doubt that he'd be a great person to spend more than a few minutes with. He reminds me of this kid I used to know in grade school. He was always polite and upbeat and he was the smartest kid in the class but he had literally no sense of humor. You had to explain every joke to him. He always took himself and everything else far too seriously. I kind of imagine that that's what Cruise is like.

That doesn't make him a bad person, but you act like him being like that makes him some kind of incredible ubermensch. I like people with flaws, people who seem human. I suppose one of the things I like least about Tom Cruise is that he puts off this public persona that he's absolutely perfect in every way. In fact, that's why people have been trying to say he's gay for years. (I've never personally believed it.) They want to find something to make him seem normal, some big secret he's hiding.

I'm kind of annoyed that you act like being a good person makes you automatically better at everything. "OMG! Did you know that John Lennon used to be addicted to heroin and that he beat his girlfriend back in the fifties and was actually kind of a dick to people! I guess that makes his work totally invalid! *burns all Beatles and John Lennon albums*" The fact is that great artists quite often are dicks and drug addicts and weirdos and generally unhealthy people. That's what makes them great artists. And that's probably why I've never been impressed by any of Tom Cruise's performances. It's not like I can't separate his personal life from his work, this was far before any of that came out. Every movie I've seen him in, it's just seemed to me "Handsome Generic White Man saves the day!", "Handsome Generic White Man becomes samurai!", "Handsome Generic White Man exploits idiot savant brother!".

So sure, I respect that he gives to charity and whatnot (I'd do the same if I had as much money as he does, and if someone says they wouldn't than they're a selfish *******.) and that he treats his fans well but I'm not going to pretend that he's not a generic actor or that he believes in and fully supports a massive, destructive scam that masquerades as a religion.

And I demand some sort of financial payment from you for making me write more words about Tom Cruise than I would've thought necessary.

POST OF THE THREAD.

SHUT UP!!!

Jesus. I can't believe I read all of that. Is Tom Cruise dead? No?

THEN WHY THE **** DID I JUST READ 2 PAGES ABOUT HIM!?!

Because you have nothing better to do, obviously.

No one forced you to do it. If you don't care about Tom Cruise (positively or negatively), stay out of this thread.

You've been warned. Don't waste another second of your life. Now go out, meet a girl, and stop wasting those precious seconds on stuff you don't care about. Fly, butterfly, fly away!

;)

DIB started it.

Goddam you DIB. Goddam you.

And I'll ******* well finish it, too.

*strikes a match on his forearm, lights cigarette, and takes a long drag*

He is truly a Drunk Irish Bastard

Too true.

As for Scientology, I still don't think it's any worse than most organized religions.

This is the only thing I disagree with you about.

as South Park so aptly put it...

Kyle: Do you realize how retarded that sounds?
Super Adventure Club Head Explorer: Is it any more retarded than the idea of God sending his son to die for our sins? Is it any more retarded than Buddha sitting beneath a tree for twenty years?
Stan: Yeah. It's way, way more retarded.

Rightly so.

*realizes I just encouraged DiB*

I retract that statement. Except the part about shutting up about the very much alive Tom Cruise.

...and ignoring this portion, thereby continuing his Tom Cruise dislike in the hopes McCheese will kill the mother.

Absolutely the right thing to do, but I'm moving it to the Lounge as it's own thread. I find it hilarious that there is a thread debating the merits of Tom Cruise.

Proceed.

You've just proven yourself to be the best of all Admins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please remember to keep any mentions of killing someone to an absolute 0% in posting. It's not something we want here, so no one let that happen again. Anyone.

I like Tom Cruise as an actor, but I'm not concerned with his personal life. It's not like he's a mass murderer or pedophile. I respect him as a human being. He can believe whatever he wants.

It's weird. You'd be criticized and looked down on today if you said you were the son of God and led a small cult with whom you shared your blood, but it seems so normal when Jesus does it thousands of years ago and people seem to be okay with it today. Tom Cruise can believe whatever he wants.

I have merged the existing Tom Cruise threads together.

Mother****er.

I'd drop this but I think Moony's drawn a huge amount of completely wrong and unfair conclusions from what I've said and I don't want that to go on.

I don't me you're joke, I just mean the whole couch-jumping fiasco in general.

If you think I've said that Tom Cruise is a great actor or talented person because he's nice somewhere, you're wrong.

I honestly used to think the exact same thing, but the more I see of him off-camera and read and hear what everyone who works with him says, he's supposed to have one of the best senses of humour out there. His off-the-cuff interactions with J.J. Abrams(for example) on the M:I3 dvd are hilarious.

Show me the post where I said anything even remotely like "Tom Cruise is really intense and has no sense of humour and that makes him awesome".

So why buy into all that rather than just think about it reasonably? He's not perfect, he's not some gay psychopath, he's just a guy who happens to be very successful and intense and generous and off-putting. If you don't like people who don't seem to have enough flaws, that's your problem, not theirs.

I have no idea where you're getting this. Being a good person isn't even really a means, it's an end. I don't think Tom Cruise is better at everything than most people, certainly not because he's "good". I just really admire him because he seems like he's a really nice and cool guy who demands the most out of life and doesn't take it for granted when he gets it, and this is more than I can say for most celebs out there. I'm sick of people calling him the biggest ******* in the world for pretty much no reason. That's my entire opinion here.

Sigh.... enjoy your fictional account of my posts, Moony. Work totally invalid? I've never said anything of the sort about anyone(although plenty others here certainly have about Cruise). But the fact is, yeah, stuff like that makes you a dick. Work has nothing to do with it. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Imagine" are both great songs. Kurt Cobain and John Lennon were geniuses. But people thinking they're cool for doing mean, destructive stuff like that and say how "unfair" it was for Kurt Cobain to kill himself during a heroin trip, and then mock Tom Cruise for doing the opposite, is absolutely insane.

What the **** are you talking about? Tom Cruise is now sucks because he's too nice and not self-destructive enough?

Almost as if he's some sort of actor that specializes in a character type.... some sort of.... character.....actor.... am I on to something?

Whether or not he's a great actor isn't even part of this. I really like his work, you don't, it's opinion. My entire beef here is that people treat him like he's an evil person, which I think is ridiculous. As for Scientology, I still don't think it's any worse than most organized religions.

You have earned one Schrute buck.
Wow.

I thought that if I wrote a lot you wouldn't respond but you obviously care more about Tom Cruise than I thought.

For the sake of everyone's sanity I'll drop it.

(Except I must point out: playing nothing but generic handsome white men doesn't make you a character actor it just makes you a ****ty actor, especially when you already are a generic handsome white man.)
hm.... We decided that we want to change the name to fit the fact that we're not Ultimate-centric anymore, yeah?

Well, we've found it!

Welcome to Cruise Central
TOMCRUISECENTRAL.jpg

POST OF THE THREAD.
Thank you for making me King of the **** Heap.

Latest posts

Back