The Ultra-Mega Huge Tom Cruise Thread For The Ages, Part 1

Who wouldn't be serious about Tom Cruise?

Only one group of intrepid souls dares challenge the absolute wisdom and gravity of Tom Cruise.

They call themselves the Epic Movie crew, and they should be feared, outraged, and respected for it.

Last edited:
Only one group of intrepid souls dares challenge the absolute wisdom and gravity of Tom Cruise.

They call themselves the Epic Movie crew, and they should be feared, outraged, and respected for it.
God bless them.

They are truly the New Pioneers.

cultofbass.jpg

:lol:

Thank you for making me King of the **** Heap.

You, sir, maintain that position all on your own. I merely respond to it.

Joe Kalicki said:
Tom Cruise needs to die. . .

. . .t.

Looks like he's getting a little chunky.

Maybe its sympathy post-partum depression. HAH! Karma's a *****!

(Except I must point out: playing nothing but generic handsome white men doesn't make you a character actor it just makes you a ****ty actor, especially when you already are a generic handsome white man.)

It only makes you a ****ty actor if you don't play that character convincingly. I think he does, you think he doesn't, but it's not a matter of role variety. You could easily call out Harrison Ford for playing handsome gruff white man in all of his movies(Indy, Star Wars, Fugitive, the Jack Ryan movies, Air Force One, etc), in fact I'd say he has even less versatility than Cruise who's broken things up with vastly different roles like Born On The Fourth Of July and Collateral, but that doesn't make him a ****ty actor.

It only makes you a ****ty actor if you don't play that character convincingly. I think he does, you think he doesn't, but it's not a matter of role variety. You could easily call out Harrison Ford for playing handsome gruff white man in all of his movies(Indy, Star Wars, Fugitive, the Jack Ryan movies, Air Force One, etc), in fact I'd say he has even less versatility than Cruise who's broken things up with vastly different roles like Born On The Fourth Of July and Collateral, but that doesn't make him a ****ty actor.

Fair points, except for the fact that I (personally speaking, only of course) actually like Harrison Ford in those roles. I can separate Cruise's personal life and movie roles, and as I said, long before he sort of freaked out a few years ago, I just disliked the guy. I remember seeing him in Rain Man, and haven't been able to like him since. Cocktails, Top Gun, Risky Business, The Color of Money, hell even Legend were all less than they should have been for me because Cruise somehow detracted from my enjoyment of the movies. The only movies of his I've actually enjoyed were the first two Mission Impossible movies.

In trying to narrow down my hatred of the man, I think I've hit upon it:

I very much dislike the small freckle/mole on his left cheek. It annoys me to no end, even inducing vein-throbbing rage in me.

Katie Holmes annoys me too, with her stupid Sylvester Stallone lop-sided smiles.

I'm sure once Suri grows up, I'll hate that brat too.

Fair points, except for the fact that I (personally speaking, only of course) actually like Harrison Ford in those roles. I can separate Cruise's personal life and movie roles, and as I said, long before he sort of freaked out a few years ago, I just disliked the guy. I remember seeing him in Rain Man, and haven't been able to like him since. Cocktails, Top Gun, Risky Business, The Color of Money, hell even Legend were all less than they should have been for me because Cruise somehow detracted from my enjoyment of the movies. The only movies of his I've actually enjoyed were the first two Mission Impossible movies.

Again, totally fair if you just don't like him, but calling him a ****ty actor on the basis that he "usually plays the same character" is completely bogus.

Incidentally, all the movies you name are pretty much just his goofy 80s ones. Minority Report and Vanilla Sky and Collateral are all phenomenal, to name a few.

Have to agree with Planet-Man on this one. I use to love the hell out of Cruise before he went bat-**** insane. Of course, I still love his acting, but I just dislike him AS Tom Cruise.

Hah! Who wants to take a road trip to go meet Grant Morrison?

You know, just show up on his doorstep, like lost puppies?

(Sorry. I read the Mark Millar/Grant Morrison phone exchanges on the first page and thought they were from the last page. Oops, and such)

Last edited:
Katie Holmes annoys me too, with her stupid Sylvester Stallone lop-sided smiles.
OMG!!!!! That's EXACTLY what it is!!!

I don't find her all that annoying though. Just really unremarkable and not really much about her acting is fodder for bashing OR praisng.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, totally fair if you just don't like him, but calling him a ****ty actor on the basis that he "usually plays the same character" is completely bogus.

I agree. But I didn't say that about him, Moony did.

Incidentally, all the movies you name are pretty much just his goofy 80s ones. Minority Report and Vanilla Sky and Collateral are all phenomenal, to name a few.

I admit, I did like Vanilla Sky, too. I disliked Minority Report, and I'm still unsure as to why (beyond Cruise, anyway). Collateral I haven't seen.

OMG!!!!! That's EXACTLY what it is!!!

Seriously.

I don't find her all that annoying though. Just really unremarkable and not really much about her acting is fodder for bashing OR praisng.

I find her very annoying. The diagonal smile; the monotone, boring voice; the puppy-dog eyes...its all annoying as hell. And her new stupid bowl haircut is annoying as hell too.

In fact, I'm wondering if the reason I don't like Tom Cruise is merely because he married this personality vaccuum who parades as a bad actress (and she really is...the only thing she's ever convinced me of is that she's an easily led sheep).

I agree. But I didn't say that about him, Moony did.

Oh I know.

I admit, I did like Vanilla Sky, too. I disliked Minority Report, and I'm still unsure as to why (beyond Cruise, anyway). Collateral I haven't seen.

Collateral is the biggest diversion from his usual persona I've seen, although I imagine BOTFOJ and Interview With The Vampire probably top it.

I can't believe you're letting Planet-Man convince you that Tom Cruise doesn't suck.

Latest posts

Back