The Venture Bros. Season Two

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
The season premier was last night. :D It was a little disjointed, but overall it was pretty great. They basically clear up what happened at the end of the last season. A lot happened, so for those of you who missed it (Spoiler tags for those of you who are waiting for it to re-air):

The episode begins with a re-cap of where everyone is: Jonas Jr. gets a new robot arm from Billy the Boy Genius and Dr. White, Monarch is still in jail, Dr. Girlfriend is still with Phantom Limb, and Dr. Orpheus is still in tears over Hank and Dean getting killed. Through a great montage, we see Dr. Venture travel around the world and hang out with all sorts of monks and mystics, while Brock chases after him. Finally, Brock brings him home despite him screaming that he still needs to "find himself". The opening of the show is completely redone, showing Jonas Jr. and Dr. Venture as the new Venture Bros.

When Dr. Venture gets back, he learns that Jonas has gotten two doctorates and wants to split his government contracts. Jonas gets "the sound that kills people" job and Venture gets "teleportation". Jonas starts talking about how he has Dr. Venture's staff working on the teleportation machine. It turns out that when Dr. Venture was a kid, he had a middle eastern best friend (much like Johnny Quest's) and championship boxer friend who came on adventures with him and his dad. They were both hired as staff and after his dad died, Dr. Venture accidentally locked them in their own wing for 20 years. After releasing them, Jonas leaves and Dr. Venture tries to use the teleporter they built. He's accidentally split into three peices.

Meanwhile, the Monarch is suffering in jail. He gathers together King Gorilla and a bunch of other supervillains for a big breakout. On the outside, his henchmen (the two that killed Hank and Dean) meet up, out of costume, at a support group for former henchmen.

Dr. Orpheus is really depressed that the Venture boys died in his care and wants to bring them back. He's completely shocked at how little Dr. Venture and Brock seem to care. He searches for their souls but can't find them. At one point, the boys show up at his door, shambling over each other and missing their skin. He thinks he's accidentally raised them from the dead prematurely.

He goes to Dr. Venture (who's upper body is stuck in a wall) and tells him what happened. Dr. Venture cautiously reveals why he and Brock are so unconcerned about the deaths: They have what are essentially Hank and Deans conscious minds stored in a computer. The two skinless things that Orpheus met were slowly growing clones of the boys. It turns out that they've had to do this dozens (possibly hundreds) of times, as the boys are constantly getting themselves killed. The funniest part of the episode is a montage of all the ways that the boys have died. Dr. Orpheus is horrified, but Dr. Venture convinces him that they're going to perfectly normal.

The Monarch attempts his escape, but the rest of his group has been bribed into not joining him by Phantom Limb and the Guild. But when the Monarch tells King Gorilla that Phantom Limb stole his girlfriend and he just wants her back, he breaks out and helps the Monarch escape, telling him to get his girlfriend back in the name of love.

Ugh!!!!! I so wanted to see it!!! I had to work last night and they only watch movies or news.

I gotta find out when it comes back on again.

That was so awesome, especially when they revealed why King Gorilla was in prison ;). I sadly missed about the first five minutes but I'll catch that on Thursday. Still, I'm looking forward to this season and was LOVING the Orpheus screentime. I mean, seriously, the guy just keeps getting funnier. Oh, and I'm not sure if it was the 70 hours without sleep or alchohol, but did they change Triana's appearance? Oh, and finally...

THE MONARCH'S BACK BABY!!

Entropy said:
LOVING the Orpheus screentime. I mean, seriously, the guy just keeps getting funnier.

Word to Big Bird!!! I love Orpheus. He IS the funniest character of the show.

Is it wrong that I find Dr.Girlfriend hot............voice and all? :?

I totally dug it. But was I the only one who thought it mostly wasn't as funny as any episode from season one?

Hopefully it's just because they were trying to tie up all the loose ends from season one.

Zombipanda said:
I totally dug it. But was I the only one who thought it mostly wasn't as funny as any episode from season one?

Hopefully it's just because they were trying to tie up all the loose ends from season one.

I thought it stood up there with season one eps. See, I thought season one also started out slightly slower and really increased in hilarity as it went on. Same case here I think, but overall I thought the episode was incredibly funny.

Victor Von Doom said:

:rockon:

My thoughts exactly.

Victor Von Doom said:

After watching the first season about a dozen time I started thinking the same thing. I'm not sure why the voice doesn't bother me anymore.

MaxwellSmart said:
I'm not sure why the voice doesn't bother me anymore.

That's what I'm saying!!!!

I've watched the DVD with commentary several times. Every time the guy who came up with Dr.Girlfriend has a part for her coming up he's like...

"Oh, ok...wait. Here I am. God I'm so hot. Is it weird that I turn myself on?"

Its so hilarious.

This is without a doubt the most bizarre show I have ever laid eyes on. But it's damn hilarious. I want to go buy the Season 1 DVDs (or steal Skotti's copies) so I can catch up. Definitely can't wait to see more.

Best part was when King Gorilla admitted he was going to rape Monarch.

I just downloaded and watched the episode, and I am ecstatic that they've managed to bring back in Hank and Dean...

And Dr. Orpheus better continue to be a major character.

Victor Von Doom said:
That's what I'm saying!!!!

I've watched the DVD with commentary several times. Every time the guy who came up with Dr.Girlfriend has a part for her coming up he's like...

"Oh, ok...wait. Here I am. God I'm so hot. Is it weird that I turn myself on?"

Its so hilarious.
It's made me worried that I'm not going to be properly turn off if I encounter a hot chick with a voice.

I saw the premiere on Sunday. It was alright, but then again it's only like the third episode I've seen of it, so I'll probably like it a lot more soon.

Last edited:
Go Tehm Ventullll!...

I thought it was funny. The creators think that Orpheous is the future of the shows comedy. They love that he has seen hell, then is like, "OH NOOOOOO! I HAVE MIXED THE WHITES WITH THE COLOOOORRSS!"

I loved that Cartoon Network listed the 10 theories behind the return of the Venture Bros, as my friend and I had a huge discussion on the matter and like 6 of our reasons were shown.

jtg3885 said:
Best part was when King Gorilla admitted he was going to rape Monarch.
"Wait-What?! Were you going to rape me?!"

"Well, yeah."

"Did you bring me to your cell?"

"Yeah, I've got magazines here, they help me get it up-"

"Ahh, I don't want to hear this!"

Finally saw this the other night!!! :rockon:

So hilarious.

I love the twist that Dean and Hank are clones of themselves. It's just so perfect. They've "died" like 15 times already and each time they do Venture just pulls out a new batch. :lol:

This show rocks so hard. :rockon:

I love the Monarch, and Orpheus they steal every scene they're in!

I liked the montage of Dean and Hank getting killed, and one death was because Dean was running with scissors.:lol:

Latest posts

Back