The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
[video=youtube;hrJQDPpIK6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrJQDPpIK6I[/video]

Coming to 2-D and 3-D theatres December 10, 2010

This time around – Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their pesky cousin Eustace Scrubb – find themselves swallowed into a painting and on to a fantastic Narnian ship headed for the very edges of the world.

Joining forces once again with their royal friend Prince Caspian and the warrior mouse Reepicheep, they are whisked away on a mysterious mission to the Lone Islands, and beyond. On this bewitching voyage that will test their hearts and spirits, the trio will face magical Dufflepuds, sinister slave traders, roaring dragons and enchanted merfolk. Only an entirely uncharted journey to Aslan's Country – a voyage of destiny and transformation for each of those aboard the Dawn Treader – can save Narnia, and all the astonishing creatures in it, from an unfathomable fate.

Dawn Treader is my favourite book in the series. When I saw the trailer before Toy Story 3 I got so excited I almost forgot why I was there.

I forgot they were making this movie.

That's probably not a good thing.

I really enjoyed the movie version of Prince Caspain, so I'll probably check this out on DVD.

One thing, Eustace wasn't their cousin in the books I thought. I thought he was the bully.

Eustace was their cousin in the books, too. Edmund and Lucy are stuck visiting his family, because Peter is studying for a school exam and staying with Professor Kirke (who owned the wardrobe in the original story), and Susan is traveling to America with the children's parents.

Eustace is also a bully, especially in the early parts of the book, so the confusion is understandable.

Like CaptainCanuck, Dawn Treader is also my favorite of the series (more Reepicheep!). I am so going to have to see this in the theaters.... :D

I love the Narnia movies and cannot wait for this. Neither can my kids.

I read a couple of the books in jr. high but I don't think this was one of them.

:D

All I'm saying is, if the local churches had marketed Jesus as a fuzzy talking lion when I was a kid, I would be soooooo Christian right now.

Well, that imagery has been around for almost 2000 years. Jesus is referred to as the Lion of the tribe of Judah in the book of Revelation. (Judah being the Tribe of Israel that Jesus' family belonged to).

And the Chronicles of Narnia books were written in the 1950s

so unless your childhood took place before either of those times, Jesus was portrayed as a lion when you were a kid.

Therefore you should convert.
;)

Last edited:
Well, that imagery has been around for almost 2000 years. Jesus is referred to as the Lion of the tribe of Judah in the book of Revelation. (Judah being the Tribe of Israel that Jesus' family belonged to).

And the Chronicles of Narnia books were written in the 1950s

so unless your childhood took place before either of those times, Jesus was portrayed as a lion when you were a kid.

Therefore you should convert.
;)

Yeah, well, I guess the Baptists need to hire a new ad man. Every time I saw him in a church, he was a sad looking white dude on a cross.

This dude could so be my savior:
946_a.jpg
Dude's iron like a lion in Zion, for real.

I'm surprised this is getting made, I thought Narnia caught the back end of post Lord of the Rings medieval fantasy fad and wouldn't make enough to go beyond a second movie

Latest posts

Back