The White Tiger Series news discussion

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
WTcover.jpg

TAMORA PIERCE said:
TP: It's a hero's story, which means Angela del Toro forges her hero's identity in battle. She's no shrinking damsel on the street - not after her years as a New York street cop, or her years with the FBI - but for her just becoming a "costume," a superhero, is a battle, even with Daredevil as a mentor. And yet, she has no choice, because the White Tiger amulets that showed up unexpectedly in the mail give her none. They drove her to seek out Daredevil for advice. Now that she's been fired from the Bureau, she finds that becoming the White Tiger, carving out her patch of justice on New York's Upper West Side, is the only way she can deal with the need the amulets create in her.

And she's not just taking down gang members and robbers, though they soon find out about the bad cat on their roofs and fire escapes. Cleaning up some street corner thugs puts her onto a group White Tiger really wants to get her claws into: the Yakuza cell led by Sano, who shot her FBI partner to death.

As she finds her feet - and her costume, and her day job, and her contacts - in her new world, Angela also tracks Sano and his crew, looking for their lair, their source - and the White Tiger's vengeance. Plenty of people are more than willing to try to stop her: the Yakuza are always tough, and their clients can afford to hire mutant protection. One of them will tangle often, forcing her to expand her skills against his speed, strength, and years of combat in the worst parts of the world. He's killed tigers before: he likes it. He'd be more than happy to add her pelt to his collection, and collect the White Tiger amulets for his masters to use.

whitesketches.jpg

Full article from Newsarama here

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, whatever.

This story looks awesome. I just wish they took her out of New York. Revenge on the Yakunza for Driver's death. I hope they show flashbacks of Harold. I wonder whose gonna play predator on her. Who else has "hunted Tigers"?

Is Kraven or any of his offspring/family currently active? He seems to fit that pretty well.

I won't be picking this up. I never was a White Tiger fan. Besides, what's new here that I haven't seen from Daredevil or Elektra before? Rehash FTW.

Last edited:
White tiger is also that guy in "The Crew" who stole a Black Panther suit. He's a light-skinned black dude. His father was a cop and a gang leader. I thought it was still his name, but I don't know if they are bringing this chick back.

Now that thats out of the way, moving on.

Tamora Pierce is writing this? Thats...interesting. I definitely wouldn't expect anything gritty; she's pretty much consistent through her novels as a very pg author.

Synch said:
White tiger is also that guy in "The Crew" who stole a Black Panther suit. He's a light-skinned black dude. His father was a cop and a gang leader. I thought it was still his name, but I don't know if they are bringing this chick back.

Kasper Cole.

Cad said:
Tamora Pierce is writing this? Thats...interesting. I definitely wouldn't expect anything gritty; she's pretty much consistent through her novels as a very pg author.
Hmmm that's too bad to hear... I mean we're dealing with some grim circumstances Hector's death, Driver's death, revenge, and the Yakunza. Who makes the Yakunza PG?

Whats a Yakunza?

I'm not saying she can't do it- all the more power to authors who can write in a variety of styles- just that she doesn't do it. Not really. Bad things happen to her characters but not really bad things and there's no real grit, at all.

Yea, Kasper Cole. So what, there's gonna be two White Tigers now? Maybe she could kill him or something. That would be read-worthy.

He did have vibranium bracelets. They are just part of the suit though. And he is the White Tiger in Wakanda.

Latest posts

Back