The Wizard World Chicago Thread (info and pics)

Re: The WWChicago Pics thread.

http://www.newsarama.com/

They've got a whole lot of articles up. Only glanced through a few, but there's going to be an Illuminati mini by Bendis, Reed and Cheung showing what they've done throughout the Marvel history. It's a good idea, but will probably suck.

And there's going to be an ongoing Viking series by Brian Wood for Vertigo. Vikings rock!

Why are there so many Brians?

EDIT: And Wonder Man... he doesn't count.

Last edited:
Hrmmm... What If Enemy of the State sounds cool.

...Brubaker and Friction together on a book? Hell, they could be writing Iron Fist and I'd buy it! Wait... they are.

Northlanders... I dunno. Maybe once I see some previews.

Last edited:
The Immortal Iron Fist is going to be awesome.

"Leniel's already an issue deep into his run. I can't comment on Ultimate Wolverine versus Hulk, other than to say the delay wasn't Leniel and his ability to put out a book."

Lindelof just got own3d.

ProjectX2 said:
there's going to be an Illuminati mini by Bendis, Reed and Cheung showing what they've done throughout the Marvel history.

Well, I hope it's as gripping and exciting as the one-shot was.

/sarcasm

E said:
Well, I hope it's as gripping and exciting as the one-shot was.

/sarcasm
I don't mind the idea of Illuminati sort of slotting in to Marvel continuity in a series of behind-the-scenes stories (the way Jessica Jones got pushed in to Avengers continuity) but I'll be annoyed if this is a tool to selectively rewrite pesky back history. I HATE the "oh, everything you thought you knew was wrong" type retcons.

And, Clint Barton/Hawkeye back! Yay! Written by Bendis. Ummm. Not yay.

Rhyo said:
And, Clint Barton/Hawkeye back! Yay! Written by Bendis. Ummm. Not yay.

Bendis's NA 26:

Hawkeye: Hey guys, I'm back!

NA: WTF?!

Scarlet Witch: So am I!

Hawkeye: I'm-a gonna shoot that bi---

SW: NO MORE ARROWS!

Hawkeye: Mother F...

Scarlet Witch: No more resurrection--

BLIP! *80% of marvel heroes disappear*

[IMGL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/icycleman/cup-o-joe.jpg[/IMGL] CBR posts Marvel's last official comic news panel of the comic con weekend as Cup O' Joe gets on with more Marvel news.

"The always rambunctious "Cup O' Joe" panel was punctuated by shaking walls from some sort of combat demonstration in the room next door and by fans openly confronting each other over the likes of the Great Lakes Avengers (X-Men? Champions? Whatever) but there were precious glimpses of future events and important insights into editorial logic as well.

Quesada appeared alongside Marvel's publicity director Jim McCann, retailer darling David Gabriel, managing editor David Bogart and Marvel veteran Tom Brevoort. He proudly announced a special event where he and comics legend Stan Lee would sit down for a conversation at UCLA to benefit ACTOR, with "an after party ... we'll know more soon."

Quesada also announced Young Guns '06: Reloaded, a Marvel initiative to promote a set of artists as "the next big thing" (see expanded coverage here at CBR) which includes Clayton Crain, Simone Bianchi, Pasqual Ferry, Leinil Yu, Ariel Olivetti and Billy Tan (who'll be joining Ed Brubaker on "Uncanny X-Men").

Quesada had slides spotlighting the "noirish" "Moon Knight," which will have a Spider-Man guest appearance in issue seven and an "unusual" Civil War tie-in for issue eight. C.B. Cebulski literally wandered in to join the panel, and the announced his new "Legend of the Spider-Clan" with Skottie Young, a 48 page one shot in November.

WIth Brevoort, Quesada announced the return of the No-Prize, in which Brevoort will randomly award service to Marveldom, not just the explanation away of possible mistakes in Marvel comics. Instead of the traditional empty envelope, "an empty email will be sent," Brevoort said. "A No-Spam."

"Just remember -- Tom loves vanilla wafers," Quesada suggested, and Brevoort nodded in agreement.
"

Click the link to read the rest.

Last edited:

marvelman said:
Bendis's NA 26:

Hawkeye: Hey guys, I'm back!

NA: WTF?!

Scarlet Witch: So am I!

Hawkeye: I'm-a gonna shoot that bi---

SW: NO MORE ARROWS!

Hawkeye: Mother F...

Scarlet Witch: No more resurrection--

BLIP! *80% of marvel heroes disappear*
That's ridiculous.

It's more like 95%.

X23VOL200COVER.jpg

I saw this cover of X-23 in the Mondo Marvel Panel page on Newsarama and my first thought was that X-23 looks like an angery twelve year old boy. My brother-in-law said I was nut, and he had no idea how I was seeing that. Does anyone else see it?

MaxwellSmart said:
X23VOL200COVER.jpg

I saw this cover of X-23 in the Mondo Marvel Panel page on Newsarama and my first thought was that X-23 looks like an angery twelve year old boy. My brother-in-law said I was nut, and he had no idea how I was seeing that. Does anyone else see it?
No. No I don't.

Latest posts

Back