Avengers The Young Avengers

Young Avengers

Hey, this title seems to be the most interesting of the Marvel Next titles coming out... Does anyone agree?

I don't know much about it, either, does someone want to elaborate?

I'm looking forward this too. If not for the story then because I'm curious how they got their special abilities (but the story would be a good enough reason :wink: )

Do you think they will clash with the New Avengers?

Well, not much has been released. But if you check out Marvel's March 2005 previews book, they have a 6-page preview of issue #1.

I dont think this title will be good... Teen Teams are good with sidekicks not with some mini versions of existing super heroes.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I dont think this title will be good... Teen Teams are good with sidekicks not with some mini versions of existing super heroes.
It's always best to see the book first. You never know if you'll like it in the end. :wink:

PCS has a preview on it's site. It looks pretty good.

ProjectX2 said:
PCS has a preview on it's site. It looks pretty good.

I thought the first few pages looked interesting enough to give it a try.

Of course, I thought Spider-Man India sounded interesting, and I was dead wrong about that. What do I know?

ProjectX2 said:
You know how to fix sites...

The fact that I spent my hard earned money on Spider-Man India negates that though.

But seriously, New Avengers looks like it is at least a decent idea, if they go with the Teen Titans rout. I guess it will be how they get their powers that will decide it for me.

a little off-topic, but going from the marvel next angle, i really think that runaways is going to remain the best title

icemastertron said:
If you don't end up liking the book because of that, are you still going to have my head?

It depends. If it's just kind of lame, then no. But if it's so bad that I lose brain cells from having read it, then...well...

Ultxon said:
a little off-topic, but going from the marvel next angle, i really think that runaways is going to remain the best title

Oh, without a doubt. Vaughan created those characters and is developing them well. I totally forgot they were in Next.

So back to the Young Avengers, I too would like to know about how they get their powers and such. As the preview has shown, they already seem to have it in the first issue. So that means either they explain themselves, or (a) flashback scene(s) will happen.

Well, their origins are supposed to tie into Disassembled... Maybe these are just hallucinations created by Scarlet Witch.

Speaking of SW, where is she currently?

She is....not in this thread.

Please keep on topic. :D

Latest posts

Back