Thor Movie

How would you rate Thor?

• Total voters
Judging from his icon, betcha Mike gives a (green) glowing review for another super hero movie this summer though . . . HAH HAH!

The thing I love about America (and now world for that matter) is we are as diverse as our opinions. :eek:)

Actually, I will prob be every bit as critical and disappointed (although I hope not) since I hold GL in as high regard as a character as Thor, if not higher. Don't get me wrong, while I was disappointed with Thor, I didn't think it was a bad movie. It just wasn't everything I hoped it would be. But I knew it wouldn't be. The things I disliked about it were really small irksome things but mostly cosmetic and really only bothersome because I am such a fanboy.

But man the GL trailer looked GOOD on the big screen. :lol:

it wasn't a bad movie. worth seeing if ya get the chance. very good pacing between action and story.

rating 7.7/10

Saw this on Monday and loved it. So much fun! Really, better than I was expecting. Excellent performances, from Hemsworth and Hiddleston especially. I thought getting Asgard on film would be the biggest challenge but they did it brilliantly. I can see why people would have problems the whole 'advanced aliens', 'science as magic' thing but it interested me a lot more than if they'd been actual gods.

Also:

tumblr_llc91bWyh21qzl444o1_1280.png

Last edited:
Saw this on Monday and loved it. So much fun! Really, better than I was expecting. Excellent performances, from Hemsworth and Hiddleston especially. I thought getting Asgard on film would be the biggest challenge but they did it brilliantly. I can see why people would have problems the whole 'advanced aliens', 'science as magic' thing but it interested me a lot more than if they'd been actual gods.
I actually thought the whole science as magic thing work beautifully, they didn't get too sciencey or too mystical. They had the right balance, for example the bridge seemed very sci fi but the layout of Asgard was very mythical why being extremely true to the comics.

:shock: Holy ****...

I just watched Thor again last night. I enjoyed it a lot more this time. I need to come into these movies with less expectations so that I can enjoy for what they arethem rather than being disappointed that they weren't what I thought they would be.
I hope they have less dutch tilts though. Those were ridiculous.

I noticed this the second time through. There were some really weird camera angles for no apparent reason.

I voted 5 out 5. It's not quite 5 out of 5 but was closer to 5 than 4. I loved the film. It maybe as i'm not a big thor comic fan so never read much of origin ect... so this was mostly new to me. I enjoyed it completely.

Glad you liked it, Mole. It really is a great summer movie. Did you see Captain America yet (don't mean to derail thread, just wondering)?

Not yet, waiting for it to be released on bluray here. same with green lantern

Latest posts

Back