Thor Movie

How would you rate Thor?

• Total voters
I would've been able to grudgingly overlook Hogun looking asian("grudgingly" only because it's so scientifically unlikely, the same reason I have a problem with asian-looking Kryptonians, but I digress), but having a thick Japanese accent? That's just Avatar-bad, and smacks of forced multi-cultural political correctness taking priority over sense.

Anyway, I definitely wouldn't say this was better than either Iron Man film, let alone the Spideys or X-Men, but that's only because I love all those so exceptionally much, not because Thor was underwhelming. It also had a WAY harder story to make work and I'm still blown away they pulled it off. I hope it's a hit.

Edit - On the not-all-the-way-there love connection between Thor and Jane: I agree it wasn't believable as a huge, powerful bond of love, but I don't think it was trying to be or had to be, even with the role it played in the climax. They were obviously interested in each other enough for the separation to really suck, just not be life-destroying. That was enough, I felt.

Last edited:
I thought it was amazing. Thor was amazing, Loki was amazing, Odin and the Asgardians. The fight scenes, Hawkeye.

I also love Kat Dennings.

Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk is my ranking so far.

I eagerly await for Thor to fight The Hulk...It must happened.

I would've been able to grudgingly overlook Hogun looking asian("grudgingly" only because it's so scientifically unlikely, the same reason I have a problem with asian-looking Kryptonians, but I digress), but having a thick Japanese accent? That's just Avatar-bad, and smacks of forced multi-cultural political correctness taking priority over sense.

Anyway, I definitely wouldn't say this was better than either Iron Man film, let alone the Spideys or X-Men, but that's only because I love all those so exceptionally much, not because Thor was underwhelming. It also had a WAY harder story to make work and I'm still blown away they pulled it off. I hope it's a hit.

If there are Caucasian-looking Kryptonians, then why not Asian-looking Kryptonians? If you can forgive things like Kryptonians speaking with "British" accents or even speaking "English" at all, then can't you overlook an Asgardian having an "Engrish" accent? And if Hogun's homeland is unknown (which it is), then why can't he have an accent that sounds nothing like anyone else in Asgard? Sure, all of this stuff is unlikely, but why then so is the idea of a guy who wields thunder. Heimdall is the exception because he's specifically described as being white. You can't even make the argument with Nick Fury being black in one universe and white in the other, because being white was never his defining characteristic in the 616 universe. Heimdall on the other hand, is "the whitest of the gods" who guards the Bifrost Bridge. That's not to say that Idris Elba didn't do a fantastic job as Heimdall.

Iron Man 2 was cringe-worthy. It had some good moments, especially with Sam Rockwell and Mickey Rourke, but the scenes with Don Cheadle just killed the movie.

I also love Kat Dennings.

She's attractive and she's not a bad actress but Darcy was a pointless character. "This is going on Facebook!" "They took my iPod!" She did not deserve that many lines. All of her lines made me facepalm.

Last edited:
Darcy was the most annoying character in the movie. Every time she opened her mouth she said something annoying. I think it's okay for Hogun to be the only Asian-looking guy in the movie because Hogun isn't really an Aesir. And his personality was befitting because his nickname is "Hogun the Grim." I thought the plot was kind of messy, and Loki's motivation was confusing. Iron Man had a stronger plot. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston completely nailed their roles though. I don't have any major complaints about the movie, I was satisfied.

I didn't have a problem with Hogun being Asian, I had a problem that he was so very indistinct that if he hadn't been Asian, I'm certain people would walk out going, "I loved the Warriors Three: Fandral, Volstagg, and Sif!" At least he looked different from everyone else in the movie so he's got something going on the others don't.

And I loved Darcy. "What's Mwer-mwer?"

And Bass, you can't really criticize the movie for the story being too cliche. It stays true to Thor's origin: Thor is exiled to Earth so that he can learn humility and earn the right to wield his hammer.

Thor is a cliche. The actual comic book. Just because something is based on another work doesn't mean it's not a cliche anymore. Thor being exiled to Earth to learn humility is fine up to a point, but to have him become worthy because of self-sacrifice is a cliche.

But, as I said, it still worked because it was so entertaining.

I think, maybe I'm getting tired of movies that sell themselves short by substituting spectacle for story and character development. I thought the visuals were stunning, the action was great, it was funny, and I started to like the characters. But I only started to like them. There was no depth to them. I needed to see why Loki was a credible threat. I felt like I was told that he was a threat and expected to take their word for it. Having characters say, "He's always been jealous of Thor" and "He's always been mischievous" and "You've always been a skilled liar" doesn't convince me. I want to see him jealous of Thor and deceiving people and being mischievous. I want to see Thor's relationship with him. I want to see him love Loki, but in his arrogance make him feel inferior. And I wanted to see Thor struggle with his humility/pride. He pretty much changed over night b/c he met a pretty girl and wasn't worthy of Mjolnir.

Thor's change was indeed, a little too insubstantial, but Loki was terrific. He did exactly what you asked, and he was so subtle, you missed it. Loki did it the way Loki would - no smiling and twirling of the moustache. He sits down next to Thor and says, "You can't do anything... except defy father's will. Oh no, Thor. Don't do that!" He manipulates everyone brilliantly by going round and saying they should do something wrong then tries to talk them out of it. He reminded me of Iago from OTHELLO, and I'm sure that's how Branagh told Hiddleton to play it.

But you do have a point: physically, Loki was no real match for Thor and so the climax felt a little one-sided. Once Thor saw through his deceptions, it was way too obvious who'd win and how.

That said, when Thor called Coulson "Son of Coul", I laughed pretty hard.

:lol: I didn't notice that.

I liked that they included
Donald Blake
in the movie, and I like how they explained Yggdrasil, the World Tree. Did anyone notice the billboard that said "Journey Into Mystery"?

I think I did but didn't realise it was a nod. And I liked Yggdrasil too.

The Asgardians have nine planets they can visit, and on our one planet, we have a variety of different racial types and accents. Why can't Hogun come from the Asian part of Asgard or the Asian-looking Kryptonians come from their Asian-type continent? And why is it that they're the odd looking one when all the white people are more out-of-place? Everyone is blond or red-headed except for Sif and Loki (and Loki's a frost-giant), yet that's okay? You don't know the ethnical background of where these people come from and the topography, nor the culture. Hogun could come from the "Chinatown" in Asgard which is why he's asian and has a different accent. And they can visit anywhere on Earth, so why not Japan or China or someplace? They don't need to explain this; it's implicit by his presence that Asgard has multiple cultures within it.

Hogun being Asian, and Sif having black hair, and Heimdall being black, all give an aesthetic diversity to Asgard so not everyone looks alike. It's not like THE LAST AIRBENDER where they do a movie about Asian history, cast everyone as white except for the bad guys who are then Middle-Eastern. If all the Asgardians were black/asian and the frost giants were white... nah, I'd be okay with it. **** whitey.

Anyhow - something irked me about this movie: why New Mexico? I was thinking about this because it actually looks kinda dull and stupid to set it there. Perhaps they set it there to contrast the splendour of Asgard. I can get that. But, if they're Asgardians... why not have Thor be banished... to Norway? Wouldn't that make more sense? That's where they go, and it would've given the film something more, I think. New Mexico seems really arbitrary.

Last edited:
Thor's change was indeed, a little too insubstantial, but Loki was terrific. He did exactly what you asked, and he was so subtle, you missed it. Loki did it the way Loki would - no smiling and twirling of the moustache. He sits down next to Thor and says, "You can't do anything... except defy father's will. Oh no, Thor. Don't do that!" He manipulates everyone brilliantly by going round and saying they should do something wrong then tries to talk them out of it. He reminded me of Iago from OTHELLO, and I'm sure that's how Branagh told Hiddleton to play it.

Hiddleston was amazing and so believable as Loki. His performance was seamless. I am so glad he gets to reprise his role in The Avengers.

The Asgardians have nine planets they can visit, and on our one planet, we have a variety of different racial types and accents. Why can't Hogun come from the Asian part of Asgard or the Asian-looking Kryptonians come from their Asian-type continent? And why is it that they're the odd looking one when all the white people are more out-of-place? Everyone is blond or red-headed except for Sif and Loki (and Loki's a frost-giant), yet that's okay? You don't know the ethnical background of where these people come from and the topography, nor the culture. Hogun could come from the "Chinatown" in Asgard which is why he's asian and has a different accent. And they can visit anywhere on Earth, so why not Japan or China or someplace? They don't need to explain this; it's implicit by his presence that Asgard has multiple cultures within it.

Hogun being Asian, and Sif having black hair, and Heimdall being black, all give an aesthetic diversity to Asgard so not everyone looks alike. It's not like THE LAST AIRBENDER where they do a movie about Asian history, cast everyone as white except for the bad guys who are then Middle-Eastern. If all the Asgardians were black/asian and the frost giants were white... nah, I'd be okay with it. **** whitey.

Exactly!

Anyhow - something irked me about this movie: why New Mexico?

Because the post-credits scene in Iron Man 2 told them they had to set it in New Mexico. :wink:

Chock full of spoilers and since the movie is out already if you haven't seen it and are reading this, tough.

What a FANTASTIC film. Movie. Sorry. Brannagh's already done his "films." He finally did a movie. I was afraid this would end up another Frankenstein. Glad it didn't. Maybe cos Brannagh didn't write it?

MISC. STUFF:

STORY: The story is traditional greek story telling. Why do people always say that is cliche? It's the simplest story to use to insure success. Star Wars used it. And it was "Cliche" when Star Wars used it, ****, John Wayne's movies are all the same story - but people loved and STILL love them. Even our venerated ULTIMATES is traditional Greek in it's telling. So I say speak to the hand in regards to it being cliche.

NEW MEXICO: Another thing people fail to understand is why it is in New Mexico. Someone mentioned it was cos of the end of Iron Man 2. Did you ever ask yourself why they put it there in the first place in Iron Man 2? Because in The Incredible Hulk we see Thor's banishment. It's during the scenes with HULK and Betty during the rain storm after the battle on the campus while they are in the cave in the desert. After Hulk bangs his head and chucks the rock, in the background you see a strike of lightning and the rainbow bridge opens and something shoots out of it. A few moments later the hammer comes. Blu Ray is the best to see this with and you have to go frame bu frame to catch it. Remember, the alternate opening to this movie also has Hulk uncovering Captain America in the Arctic.

So Incredible Hulk, Thor and Iron Man 2 all take place at the same time. Do we have a timeline built for this yet?

LOKI IN AVENGERS: It's already been established by Joss Whedon that the villains in Avengers are Loki and the Skrulls.

COSMIC CUBE: It's the Frost Giant's CASKET that Loki covets or is it our realm's power? It appears that each realm has it's own cube of power or at least that's the direction they are moving in. I'm certain the Cube will be aquired by the US Gov't during Captrain America.

PRO's:

Loki. 'nuff said. He was played PERFECTLY! Is he the best "villain" in a Marvel movie to date? Yes. Hiddleston's performance is topped only by Ledger's Joker.

The after credits "TWIST": View it a second time and Skellig's reactions to everything make sense. Damn Brannagh pulled an M. Night/Usual Suspects on us. heh heh! I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Come on - who waffled more in this movie than a Clinton? Skellig. Who pointed out every negative then did about-faces right away? Skellig. Who "talked" to SHIELD to get Thor out of custody (and yes, I know that Coulson knew he was lying, but that's the fun of it!). Skellig. Who seemed to have the same mannerisms as Loki? Skellig. Loki was with us the whole movie.

Heimdall. After re-reading 5 years of racist posts today, let's celebrate him in blaxploitation manner: BAD ASS MO FO!

The World Tree. WOW! Did anyone else notice that the sparks of electricity in the "control room" stayed constant? They were a map or some sort of representation of the Yggdrasil when the Bifrost was activated. When Loki froze the "electricty" it's easier for you to tell.

My con's:

It's obvious Renner's scenes as our favorite bad-ass wiseacre Ultimate were added after the fact, though the editing is done well.

Where was the Enchantress? :eek:(

This is going off into a pretty big tangent compared to the film as a whole, but I like discussing it, so a mod may want to separate this stuff into a different thread.

If there are Caucasian-looking Kryptonians, then why not Asian-looking Kryptonians?

I, personally, have a passion for stories being scientifically plausible in their own internal ways. Not everyone has to do this, but this is what I almost automatically do with fiction. That's what this whole issue is always about to me. With that out of the way:

Usually, the fact that Kryptonians look exactly like humans is specifically treated, in-story, like a HUGE deal, and is one of the reasons that Jor-El picked Earth out of millions of other planets to send his son to in the first place. Since the "human look" does not have a set assortment of variations(eg. white look, black look, asian look, native american look, etc) and are in fact the product of years of both conditional and unpredictable evolutionary successes and coincidence, other Kryptonian races do not have to look exactly like other Earth races, or really anything like them.

In the specific case of the traditional east-asian look, which to my knowledge(correct me if I'm wrong), comes from a much narrower strand of the evolutionary timeline and gene pool than the traditional white look or black look, it's particularly implausible that one of their races would look also like that.

Ergo, unless there need to be asian-looking Kryptonians to serve a purpose in the story(like how there currently needs to be white, blue-eyed, black-haired Kryptonians because Superman currently looks that way), just drawing a bunch of them that way because we have them on Earth is, by default, either "politically correct" or just unimaginative.

If you can forgive things like Kryptonians speaking with "British" accents or even speaking "English" at all, then can't you overlook an Asgardian having an "Engrish" accent?

I've never overlooked that, even as a 5-year-old. It makes no sense at all when the villains come to Earth in Superman II and can speak perfect English. When they're actually on Krypton, though, I assume it's just the audience hearing a "translation" of their language a la The Hunt For Red October. A lot of the time they even make a point of this.

And if Hogun's homeland is unknown (which it is), then why can't he have an accent that sounds nothing like anyone else in Asgard?

They didn't really set him up in the film as coming from somewhere different from the other Asgardians, but even so, why does his "different accent" have to be Japanese just because that's how he looks? It would be like making Heimdall not just black, but giving him a thick African accent as well. It's awkward an unimaginative to me, and pulls me out of the film because I'm aware he only speaks that way because of the actor's limitations, not because it serves the story.

Sure, all of this stuff is unlikely, but why then so is the idea of a guy who wields thunder.

This tactic, to me, should have its own Godwin's Law-esque name and be banned.

The Asgardians have nine planets they can visit, and on our one planet, we have a variety of different racial types and accents. Why can't Hogun come from the Asian part of Asgard or the Asian-looking Kryptonians come from their Asian-type continent? And why is it that they're the odd looking one when all the white people are more out-of-place? Everyone is blond or red-headed except for Sif and Loki (and Loki's a frost-giant), yet that's okay? You don't know the ethnical background of where these people come from and the topography, nor the culture. Hogun could come from the "Chinatown" in Asgard which is why he's asian and has a different accent.

Most of this is addressed in what I said to Langsta, my problem(as someone who, again, focuses on realism and internal logic in stories like this, which not everybody does, and that's okay, but I still advocate my way and find it rewarding) is the sheer unlikelihood of a genetically separate society of "humans"(from Asgard or Krypton) just happening to develop all the traditional east-asian features in a single race the same way we did on Earth, let alone that race also speaking with a specific accent its members are associated with on Earth(did Heimdall have an African accent, or any of the characters have Norwegian ones?). When you go out of your way to do that and don't have it serve any purpose in the story or even talk about it, it just seems like diversity for the sake of "political correctness", or a way to artificially give his character a "notable" trait like you mentioned in another post, which isn't the best either.

And yes, varying hair colours within a single race are much, much, much more likely as far as I know.

And they can visit anywhere on Earth, so why not Japan or China or someplace? They don't need to explain this; it's implicit by his presence that Asgard has multiple cultures within it.

I agree with the bolded part - it's actually how I've been defending Hogun's asian-ness to detractors of the film in real life - but I still would've liked some dialogue or something discussing different Asgardians visiting, becoming myth in, and mingling with multiple Earth cultures over the years.

Hogun being Asian, and Sif having black hair, and Heimdall being black, all give an aesthetic diversity to Asgard so not everyone looks alike.

Yep. And the purpose, to the film, of not everyone looking alike and having the same accent is.... ?

(third post to actually discuss the film overall, if the other stuff gets moved)

NEW MEXICO: Another thing people fail to understand is why it is in New Mexico. Someone mentioned it was cos of the end of Iron Man 2. Did you ever ask yourself why they put it there in the first place in Iron Man 2? Because in The Incredible Hulk we see Thor's banishment. It's during the scenes with HULK and Betty during the rain storm after the battle on the campus while they are in the cave in the desert. After Hulk bangs his head and chucks the rock, in the background you see a strike of lightning and the rainbow bridge opens and something shoots out of it. A few moments later the hammer comes. Blu Ray is the best to see this with and you have to go frame bu frame to catch it.

wat

The after credits "TWIST": View it a second time and Skellig's reactions to everything make sense. Damn Brannagh pulled an M. Night/Usual Suspects on us. heh heh! I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Come on - who waffled more in this movie than a Clinton? Skellig. Who pointed out every negative then did about-faces right away? Skellig. Who "talked" to SHIELD to get Thor out of custody (and yes, I know that Coulson knew he was lying, but that's the fun of it!). Skellig. Who seemed to have the same mannerisms as Loki? Skellig. Loki was with us the whole movie.

I didn't think it was implying that Loki had always been manipulating Selvig, but this is interesting. I'm hoping to see the movie again this week and will definitely keep this in mind.

Anyhow - something irked me about this movie: why New Mexico? I was thinking about this because it actually looks kinda dull and stupid to set it there. Perhaps they set it there to contrast the splendour of Asgard. I can get that. But, if they're Asgardians... why not have Thor be banished... to Norway? Wouldn't that make more sense? That's where they go, and it would've given the film something more, I think. New Mexico seems really arbitrary.

Agreed. Maybe it was to have it feel more connected and coherent with the other Avengers films, and to contrast not just its dullness with Asgards' splendor but its super-realism and relatability with Asgard's alien-ness, but having at least some of the movie take place in Norway would've been awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here's another thing regarding Hogun looking East Asian. There's a theory that the reason East Asians have "slanted" features is because their ancestors from the mountains as well as the northern continents developed fat around their eyelids as an evolutionary means of survival (warmth). This is why eskimos look like East Asians. Maybe Hogun is from a place in Asgard that's similar. I.e. Asgard is a cold place and the Aesir are the Nords/Vikings of Asgard while Hogun comes from a place in Asgard where the people had similar evolutionary effects as the Mongols and stuff. The Asgardians aren't immortal and in this universe they aren't even completely gods, they're also kind of aliens, so they do have weaknesses. And the weather in Asgard is a lot colder than the weather in Midgard. I know this all sounds ridiculous but I'm just trying to justify the filmmakers' decision to make Hogun look Asian.

Well here's another thing regarding Hogun looking East Asian. There's a theory that the reason East Asians have "slanted" features is because their ancestors from the mountains as well as the northern continents developed fat around their eyelids as an evolutionary means of survival (warmth). This is why eskimos look like East Asians. Maybe Hogun is from a place in Asgard that's similar. I.e. Asgard is a cold place and the Aesir are the Nords/Vikings of Asgard while Hogun comes from a place in Asgard where the people had similar evolutionary effects as the Mongols and stuff. The Asgardians aren't immortal and in this universe they aren't even completely gods, they're also kind of aliens, so they do have weaknesses. And the weather in Asgard is a lot colder than the weather in Midgard. I know this all sounds ridiculous but I'm just trying to justify the filmmakers' decision to make Hogun look Asian.

All this sounds pretty reasonable, and is the sort of thing that I constantly do in my head to justify any little inconsistency in stuff I like. I really have more of an issue with the accent, but it's good to have backstory for this stuff too. I just wish they'd developed it all more with even a few lines in the film.

Hogun always looked Asian, because he's not actually an Asgardian. He's from another land that had been conquered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogun

And look at that.

So it's just the source material then and not the movie at all. That's fair, although looking at the character there it would've been nice if they'd kept the Mongolian look instead of the Japanese one, especially since(I didn't know this until now) Tadanobu Asano actually played Genghis Khan in two films so it was pretty much dreamcasting! And also just mentioned any of this in the plot when setting up the team.

The article also says he was based on Charles Bronson, though.:lol:

Planet Man - I'm DEAD serious about the Bifrost opening in The Incredible Hulk. Check it out, dude. You have to frame step your way through it and bluray works best. To correct myself from earlier on the timeline pattern, Iron Man 2 takes place just prior to the events in Thor. Incredible Hulk takes place during Thor.

Also - to substantiate my argument for Loki being in possession of Selvig throughout the movie: after seeing Thor again tonight, I noticed that when ever Selvig was under Loki's influence he had a green and yellow striped scarf on (the diner, when he talks to Coulson to free Thor, when he goes drinking with Thor, when he reads the mythology book . . . ). In the closing sequence the lighting is so bad you can't tell, but he appears to have a green neck tie on.

Loki wore a dark green suit when he appeared to Thor in the facility. He tries to pick up the hammer and fails, then Selvig just suddenly shows up out of the blue to bust Thor out of jail? With that green and yellow striped scarf on?

And when Selvig opens the book of myths and goes to the page with Loki he makes a scoffing sound and rolls his eyes. Is it directed at Jane or is it Loki unhappy with his portrayal in the book?

With the color scheme in mind: Thor on earth always has on a blue shirt, blue pants. He wears a read flannel Jacket at one point. Who's outfit is primarily blue? Who's cape is red? Hmmmmm. Who's is yellow/gold and green?

Think I've proven my theory. It's no different than them sticking Loki in random panels in the Ultimates and none of us caught on to that until Ultimates 2.

NEW MEXICO: Another thing people fail to understand is why it is in New Mexico. Someone mentioned it was cos of the end of Iron Man 2. Did you ever ask yourself why they put it there in the first place in Iron Man 2? Because in The Incredible Hulk we see Thor's banishment. It's during the scenes with HULK and Betty during the rain storm after the battle on the campus while they are in the cave in the desert. After Hulk bangs his head and chucks the rock, in the background you see a strike of lightning and the rainbow bridge opens and something shoots out of it. A few moments later the hammer comes. Blu Ray is the best to see this with and you have to go frame bu frame to catch it. Remember, the alternate opening to this movie also has Hulk uncovering Captain America in the Arctic.

So Incredible Hulk, Thor and Iron Man 2 all take place at the same time.

Have to disagree with you there. I think you're only seeing what you want to see.

First of all, the basics:

Thor was set in New Mexico. Weren't the old 60's Thor comics set in the southwest or New Mexico? I never read any of them, but a friend of mine mentioned that as the reasoning for setting in in New Mexico. That could be incorrect, though.

However, Hulk and Thor don't happen at the same time, at least not for the reason you state. The proof of this are the respective locations in the movies. Thor, as said, is obviously set in New Mexico. Hulk is set all over the place, namely Brasil, South America, Central America, and the US East Coast. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure the college Betty worked at was in Virginia or Pennsylvania. Therefore, when Hulk escapes the college campus, its likely the mountains/cliffs we see there are part of the Appalachians, which from the backgrounds seems to fit better than a southwestern setting like New Mexico.

There's no way in hell the Bifrost would've been visible from that far away. Besides, Marvel is anything but subtle.

If they intended that scene in the Hulk to correspond with Thor coming to Earth, they probably would've put some notable element in to make it more than obvious what was going on, whether it be a news report of an "otherworldly event occurring in New Mexico", etc.

Marvel isn't trying to hide these little nods to their other movies, they're trying to make them quite obvious. Granted, there are varying degrees of obvious, but none stray even remotely in the direction of subtlety.

Also, its possible, but unlikely, that Thor and Iron Man 2 occur at the same time. We see Agent Coulson leave to travel to New Mexico in Iron Man 2, about 3/4 of the way through the movie. In movie time, I think maybe a day or two passes between Coulson leaving Malibu, CA (where Tony Stark lives) and the end of the movie. Thor spans about 2-4 days on Earth (and over a thousand of years in Asgard), if I recall correctly. Its possible for them to occur at the same time, but that requires the discovery of Mjolnir by SHIELD, Coulson traveling from CA to NM (which is a short trip by plane), the construction of the temporary SHIELD base around the Mjolnir landing site, etc, all within a couple days.

Just for simplicity's sake I think its better to think of Thor (the present day events, anyway) as occurring immediately after the end of Iron Man 2.

Iron Man definitly occurs first. Iron Man 2 picks up about 6 months later. Thor follows immediately after Iron Man 2, and Incredible Hulk occurs an indeterminate amount of time after. The proof of this is that at the end of Iron Man 2, Tony Stark still hadn't been recruited by SHIELD (as evidenced by the report Fury reads to Tony that Iron Man should be approved for admission to the Avengers, but not Tony Stark). Yet at the end of Incredible Hulk, Tony's recruiting for SHIELD now. So, obviously, sometime between the end of Iron Man 2 and the end of the Incredible Hulk, Tony has become an active member of SHIELD, or at least the Avengers, since he's recruiting for them.

Do we have a timeline built for this yet?

I've actually been working on one, yeah. I was planning on posting it once Captain America comes out. It includes the movies (obviously), and all the movie-continuity comic books, and maybe the video games (I haven't played any of the Marvel movie based games, so I'm not sure if they fit into the existing continuity or not).

I looked at THE INCREDIBLE HULK and not only did I not see the rainbow bridge, but that's not Thor's hammer falling - that's the rock Hulk just threw. :/

Yep, yer right about Hulk. I was wrong. It is the rock. I got duped. I found a post on youtube. After researching today I learned that the post was incorrect. But I did step the PS3 through and one of the lightning flashes has a rainbow effect, but I think it's a pixelating thing.

Hulk takes place right before or during Iron Man 2 as I corrected myself in my earlier post. This is established because Fury takes Stark off the team during Iron Man 2 and makes him an advisor, which explains why Tony approaches Ross. I wish they'd put Sam Elliot back in that roll.

Thor leads from Iron Man 2, as the discovery. Thus the events in Thor actually start about a day before Iron Man 2 ends.

And I just wrote everything Irish wrote without reading his post first. Screw it. I don't wanna delete it.

But - Loki and Selvig - This I am sure of.

Curse you leather_w0lf! How dare you make me rewatch that movie!

I cannot take it seriously anymore because Dr Samson is Phil from MODERN FAMILY and every scene he's in cracks me up because he's such a wonderful doof in that show. He's sooooo funny. :D

Sorry. Bass.

I watched it, too, if that's any consolation. However I find the guy that turns into the Leader to be especially annoying.

Latest posts

Back