Avengers Thor, The Mighty Avenger

Bass

Nexus of the World
Anyone else read this? It's only on #2, but it's flufftastic.

It's a light, fun, reboot of Thor. The first two issues deal with Jane Foster finding a homeless but noble crazy man who turns out to be Thor, God of Thunder.

EDIT: Actually, it seems to be on #3. I've missed it and worlds will pay.

Last edited:

E

Excelsior Club
Anyone else read this? It's only on #2, but it's flufftastic.

It's a light, fun, reboot of Thor. The first two issues deal with Jane Foster finding a homeless but noble crazy man who turns out to be Thor, God of Thunder.

EDIT: Actually, it seems to be on #3. I've missed it and worlds will pay.

You're obviously lying. You didn't read it.

E

Excelsior Club
I read the first 3 issues on Bass's suggestion - pretty good. Jane Foster is indeed adorable.

THe writing is OK but it's worth reading for the art alone. I don't think I've ever seen Chris Samnee's artwork before but I lurves it.

EDIT: I just read the solit for the first issue - Roger Langridge also writes the Muppet Show comic which is really good.

Bass

Nexus of the World
Chris Samnee seems to draw like Darwyn Cooke. Which is absolutely fine with me.

Also, I picked this up because I saw the cover and a) the art was delightful and b) it said Langridge on it and anyone who wrote, "Gonzo, what the heck are you!?" "Why Skeeter I thought you knew: I'm an artist." deserves to have his name put next to Shakespeare.

E

Excelsior Club
It's not quite as clever and charming as the Muppet Show comic but it certainly deserves a chance to get there.

Iceshadow

Hey Bass if you like this you might want to check out the recently "rebooted" Marvel Adventures Spider-Man, and possibly Marvel Adventures Super-Heroes.

Latest posts