Timeline Hub

Definitely. Candyman 3 doesn't even attempt to change anything. It's basically just 1999 in 2020, which.. is really strange honestly.

I could make a list of movies set in the future, like Freddy's Dead, Friday the 13th 7-10, Predator 2, Predators, Hellraiser 4, Terminator 2-4, Terminator: Dark Fate, Candyman 3, Leprechaun 4, Child's Play 3, Shocker (through a retcon in Friday the 13th: The Game if you count the Slasherverse), The Evil Dead, and Hatchet. A lot of those are retroactive, but still.

Not sure if anyone's done one for this franchise before, but would love to see a timeline for Firefly, along with the tie-in comics and novels.

Oh BTW, when you have a chance @Pro Bot, mind linking the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure timeline onto the main post, as well as the timeline thread I have in the works for Silent Hill?

Does anyone else find that the obsessiveness involved with making timelines can be a bit self defeating? I've been trying to work on the Top Cow Tomb Raider timeline but she is quite intergrated into the Top Cow shared universe, which is part of the Image shared universe... and before you know it I'm reading an obscure golden age character because they crossover with another character who was rebooted in a shared universe which crossed over with the shared universe that the character Im actually interested was in.

If you care to know its Gold Keys The Owl > Silver Age Dr Solar > Valiant Comics > Image/Top Cow > Tomb Raider... hows that for six degrees of Kevin Bacon

anyways timeline ideas Im thinking of doing

Sega-Fleetway Multiverse: I was thinking this could tie into the sonic multiverse timeline being created by @Jozaca . Fleetway made Sonic the Comic, which didnt just adapt sonic stories but multiple Sega characters, so I thought it could be interesting to work out their timelines and also give myself an excuse to play through the sega ultimate collection thats sitting on my harddrive

2000AD shared universe: still considering this one, I just want to read a sizeable shared universe that doesnt trigger the urge to read 100s of unrelated titles (although it probably would require reading 1950s Dan Dare)

Does anyone else find that the obsessiveness involved with making timelines can be a bit self defeating? I've been trying to work on the Top Cow Tomb Raider timeline but she is quite intergrated into the Top Cow shared universe, which is part of the Image shared universe... and before you know it I'm reading an obscure golden age character because they crossover with another character who was rebooted in a shared universe which crossed over with the shared universe that the character Im actually interested was in.

If you care to know its Gold Keys The Owl > Silver Age Dr Solar > Valiant Comics > Image/Top Cow > Tomb Raider... hows that for six degrees of Kevin Bacon

anyways timeline ideas Im thinking of doing

Sega-Fleetway Multiverse: I was thinking this could tie into the sonic multiverse timeline being created by @Jozaca . Fleetway made Sonic the Comic, which didnt just adapt sonic stories but multiple Sega characters, so I thought it could be interesting to work out their timelines and also give myself an excuse to play through the sega ultimate collection thats sitting on my harddrive

2000AD shared universe: still considering this one, I just want to read a sizeable shared universe that doesnt trigger the urge to read 100s of unrelated titles (although it probably would require reading 1950s Dan Dare)
Loving both these ideas!

So here is my "Spider-Man: The New Animated Series" (2003) chronological viewing order. I know it's considered part of the Raimi-verse (at least a sequel series to the first film), but I actually don't think that works at all for many reasons. Personally, I think it works better as being in the same universe as "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" at least visually (but I still need to watch that series).

With that said, here is what I came up with. The episodes are using the original production numbers, not the airdate numbers. So 1.01 = first episode produced and so on.

September

1.02: "Keeping Secrets"

1.04: "Tight Squeeze"

1.03: "Spider-Man Dis-Sabled"

XXXX

1.05: "Royal Scam"

1.06: "Heroes And Villains"

1.07: "Head Over Heels"

1.01: "The Party"

1.08: "Law Of The Jungle"

November

1.09: "When Sparks Fly"

XXXX

1.10: "Flash Memory"

1.11: "The Sword Of Shikata"

March

1.12: "Mind Games, Part One"
1.13: "Mind Games, Part Two"

• 1.01: The X-Men are referenced in this episode when Peter Parker wonders if they get to go to parties. At the 18:50 mark, Douglas Reisman's tombstone is dated 1982 - 2003. Since he was killed only days before this, the episode takes place in 2003.
  • 1.02: Talon states "the holidays always seem to be right around the corner", which implies it's late in the year.
  • 1.04: Peter Parker meets Indira Daimonji for the first time in this episode, so it must occur before the events of 1.03: "Spider-Man Dis-abled" since in that episode, they begin dating. It's stated to be the third quarter of the year which traditionally spans from July 1st – September 30th. It's most likely September by this time since the trees are turning brown and it's the school season.
  • 1.05: Harry Osborne states that it's "early in the Semester." While on average a semester lasts fifteen weeks, almost all college semesters fall between fourteen and sixteen weeks long.
  • 1.07: At the 4:47 mark, Mary Jane can be seen reading a newspaper article on fashion. It's headline reads "Style: New For Fall - New Fall Collection Exposed", placing this episode during the Fall season. At the 10:27 mark, a magazine can be seen that's dated 2002.
  • 1.08: This episode confirms Peter Parker is eighteen years old. At the 10:01 mark, a desk calendar can be seen with "11" and "12" as the days.
  • 1.09: It's mentioned throughout the episode that it's soon time for Midterms. The timing of midterms can vary depending on the college, the course and the professor's preference. In general, midterms are held halfway through the semester, which means they usually fall around mid-October and mid-March for schools that follow the traditional academic calendar. At the 11:13 mark Sally's Chem Study Notes CD is dated "11-07", placing this episode in early November. In the beginning of the episode, Harry Osborne tells his girlfriend he's not sure what he's doing "over the break". This likely refers to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday break since it's November.
  • 1.12: J. Jonah Jameson's desk calendar shows the dates 11 and 12 at the 10:41 mark. Mary Jane's tombstone in Peter's dream is dated 1984 - 2003, seemingly placing this episode in 2003. However, it must be March due to evidence in the next episode.
  • 1.13: The Police mention that the events of "Tight Squeeze" occurred "six months ago" since that's how long its been since Pterodax was defeated by Spider-Man. This places the episode in March of 2004. The green foliage and mild weather line up with this.

On my timeline, Law of the Jungle has to take place in December 2003 since it's one year after Osborn's death.

Also, my timeline is based off of the DVD order. Here's what Wikipedia says about that:
Screenshot_20231027_143646_Chrome.jpg

On my timeline, Law of the Jungle has to take place in December 2003 since it's one year after Osborn's death.

Also, my timeline is based off of the DVD order. Here's what Wikipedia says about that:
View attachment 1384
Can you expand on Law Of The Jungle? I don't recall it taking place over a year and didn't see anything in the episode that indicated it was December.

Does this order work, then?

September
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x01, "Heroes & Villains"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x02, "Royal Scam"

Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x04, "The Sword of Shikata"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x05, "Keeping Secrets"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x06, "Tight Squeeze"

????
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x07, "Head Over Heels"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x08, "The Party"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x09, "Flash Memory"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x10, "Spider-Man Dis-Sabled"

November
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x11, "When Sparks Fly"

December
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
1x03, "Law of the Jungle"

March
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x12, "Mind Games, Part One"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x13, "Mind Games, Part Two"
I'm did it based on the DVD order, since it's apparently the intended order. It only gets screwed up with Law of the Jungle. Not only because it's out of the intended order, but Mary Jane kisses Peter while he's in a relationship, which he has no objections to.

Well... I guess cheating is part of the DNA of Peter and Mary Jane's relationship in the Raimiverse, so that's... uh... fitting for them. :oops:

Also, Mary Jane's grave being dated 2003 can be taken as a hint that it's all in Peter's head, I guess.

Does this order work, then?

I'm did it based on the DVD order, since it's apparently the intended order. It only gets screwed up with Law of the Jungle. Not only because it's out of the intended order, but Mary Jane kisses Peter while he's in a relationship, which he has no objections to.

Well... I guess cheating is part of the DNA of Peter and Mary Jane's relationship in the Raimiverse, so that's... uh... fitting for them. :oops:

Also, Mary Jane's grave being dated 2003 can be taken as a hint that it's all in Peter's head, I guess.
I'm not sure why anyone would want to make this series fit with the Raimi movie. Peter has brown eyes. Doc Conners is totally different than he is in the film, Harry is blonde with blue eyes, Flash looks nothing like his live action counterpart and the series makes no real references to the film at all. I think it can be considered a similar, but different universe all on it's own. Once freed from the bondage of that film, it's a much easier to grasp experience. I'm hoping it can fit in with Iron Man AA personally. About to start my watch-through of that series today.

I'm just sticking to official word, which is that it's a sequel to Spider-Man (2002). It does actually have serveral loose callbacks, mainly regarding Norman Osborn and Mary Jane. Harry thinks Spider-Man is responsible for his father's death.

The ending is actually pretty much what Norman said would happen. In spite of everything Peter did for the city, eventually they hated him.

Anything else is just artistic licence. I mean, going on eye colours, well, even recasts in films and shows do that. I know that Pennyworth did it with Gotham because I edited their wiki page with that information.

I'm just sticking to official word, which is that it's a sequel to Spider-Man (2002). It does actually have serveral loose callbacks, mainly regarding Norman Osborn and Mary Jane. Harry thinks Spider-Man is responsible for his father's death.

The ending is actually pretty much what Norman said would happen. In spite of everything Peter did for the city, eventually they hated him.

Anything else is just artistic licence. I mean, going on eye colours, well, even recasts in films and shows do that. I know that Pennyworth did it with Gotham because I edited their wiki page with that information.
Up to you! I can't write off stuff like that personally.

Has anyone attempted Jurassic Park yet?

1991 - RoboCop
1992 - RoboCop 2
1992 - RoboCop: Rogue City
199? - RoboCop Vol. 1 #1-23
199? - RoboCop 3
199? - RoboCop versus The Terminator #1-4
199? - Dark Horse Comics #1-3, "RoboCop: Part 1-3"
199? - RoboCop: Prime Suspect #1-4
199? - Dark Horse Comics #6-9, "RoboCop: Invasions: Part 1-4"
199? - RoboCop: Mortal Coils #1-4
199? - RoboCop: Roulette #1-4
2001 - RoboCop: Prime Directives 1x01-1x04
RoboCop: Rogue City has a September calendar in the police station that first matches with 1997, so I guess the timeline looks like this?

Scratch that, it matches with 1992, so I guess it's later in the year of RoboCop 2. Honestly matches better, I just read the days of the week wrong.

Latest posts

Back