Tintin will become a movie hero

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
From BBC
The young hero Tintin is the latest comic book character to be transformed for the big screen for a real-life action adventure, according to reports.

Steven Spielberg is set to produce the movie with Kathleen Kennedy in a joint project for Universal Pictures and DreamWorks Pictures.

Trade newspaper Variety reports planning is still in the early stages as the studios negotiate with Moulinsart, the Belgian company that owns the rights to Tintin.

The cartoon was created by the late Georges Remi who worked under the pseudonym Herge.

Tintin! Yay! :D

This could be amazing. A new Indiana Jones! :D

It could also be a travesty. :?

I love Tintin, but....will this work on the big screen?

Hell yeah it could work on big-screen. Just like Bass says below....make it a wild Indy Jones' adventure movie and you got awesomeness.

Tintin! Yay! :D

This could be amazing. A new Indiana Jones! :D

It could also be a travesty. :?

I'd like to think this could be good............say as opposed to TMNT or Speed Racer.

All you people who don't know who Tintin is should just go kill themselves now.

Tintin books are the ****. I don't think it'll work as a movie though.

Shia LaBeouf will end up playing Tintin, because Spielberg loves him now.

You've never watched Tintin when you were younger?
I remember it being on Nick, pretty good series, had a very Indiana Jones feel to it. Though it was much bigger in Europe than it was here.

OH MY GOD. I vaguely remember seeing that way back on Nick at 6 in the mourning

I vote
Jack Nicholson for Captain Hadok :)

yeah I know, he looks nowhere near the captain, but still I would like to see him in that role

Tintin was my favorite book series when I was just starting out with my library card. I got one at age 3 but I don't think I started Tintin till' at least 5. I could be wrong though. Both me and my two siblings learned to read when we were 3. :)

:? I have absolutely no ****ing idea what "Tintin" is.

Never even heard of it.

Tintin is the name of the Belgian journalist who stars in the series.

He has a dog called Snowy (animals talk in the series, but no one understands them except other animals and us, the audience - Snowy doesn't talk like animals in Dr Dolittle), and his friend is the enebriated Captain Haddock. There's other supporting characters.

Generally, Tintin gets involved in a mystery requiring him to go on some globe-trotting adventure to get to the bottom of it. For example, in "Cigars of the Pharoahs" Tintin gets involved in tracking a conspiracy of cultists who use a ancient Egyptian symbol of the Pharoahs as a brand on cigars and somehow this is related to political coups and machinations. In "Flight 714" he's on a plane that gets hijacked and taken to a secret island base for an unknown reason. "Land of the Black Gold" deals with an oil conspiracy. He gets to go to the Moon, even. There's an underwater treasure-hunt. There's a jewel-heist.

They're 64-pages each and I love reading them. My brother grew up in France and so he had Asterix and Tintin books and we'd read 'em and I'd pick up English versions to read.

Stuart Immonen has said he'd love to do a Tintin story.

Very enjoyable series this is. :D

Last edited:
I used to watch the show sometimes, but have never read the books.

I see them at Barnes and Noble and every now and then think about buying them.

I would totally buy a DVD of the show.

I would work as a movie pretty easily, I think. Doesn't mean it can't suck though.

Bass said:
Tintin is the name of the Belgian journalist who stars in the series.

He has a dog called Snowy (animals talk in the series, but no one understands them except other animals and us, the audience - Snowy doesn't talk like animals in Dr Dolittle), and his friend is the enebriated Captain Haddock. There's other supporting characters.

Generally, Tintin gets involved in a mystery requiring him to go on some globe-trotting adventure to get to the bottom of it. For example, in "Cigars of the Pharoahs" Tintin gets involved in tracking a conspiracy of cultists who use a ancient Egyptian symbol of the Pharoahs as a brand on cigars and somehow this is related to political coups and machinations. In "Flight 714" he's on a plane that gets hijacked and taken to a secret island base for an unknown reason. "Land of the Black Gold" deals with an oil conspiracy. He gets to go to the Moon, even. There's an underwater treasure-hunt. There's a jewel-heist.
Beat me to it.

I like to curse like Captain Haddock whenever I remember to, and whenever I can. Illiterate troglodytes! Onerous Visigoths! Austrolopithecus face!

Bass said:
Stuart Immonen has said he'd love to do a Tintin story.
I totally ****ing approve.

Latest posts

Back