Tintin will become a movie hero

Watching this in blurry lo-res is better because it removes the uncanny valley and it looks awesome.

When watching it in high-res it is clearly better than the first time round, and pretty awesome, except when we get close ups of the face because the texturing of the skin is too realistic and the anatomy is too cartoony, resulting in a rather off-putting look.

It's a shame really, because WETA are pretty incredible, and like Zemeckis and the recent GREEN LANTERN flick, they're falling into this idiocy of trying to use mocap to replace a camera, which makes no sense. And I'm worried Andrew Stanton is going to end up doing the same mistakes for JOHN CARTER. I can't wait for this fad to die out.

Hopefully, when I see it on the big screen, they'll have worked their magic and it'll look incredible.

When watching it in high-res it is clearly better than the first time round, and pretty awesome, except when we get close ups of the face because the texturing of the skin is too realistic and the anatomy is too cartoony, resulting in a rather off-putting look.

it is a rather weird look, but isn't that exactly what they were trying for? They wanted the characters to look like the characters, but they didn't want to make a cartoon, so the result is this weird hybrid.

That is true, but it also means that they might still be finishing it so what we're seeing isn't fully finished and it might look better. For example, it's possible that the timing on the movement of the faces is off or the eyes aren't fully rendered or some such that might make it more palatable. I'm trying to be more open-minded.

That is true, but it also means that they might still be finishing it so what we're seeing isn't fully finished and it might look better. For example, it's possible that the timing on the movement of the faces is off or the eyes aren't fully rendered or some such that might make it more palatable. I'm trying to be more open-minded.
fair enough.
Whatever, I think it looks great.
yeah, while i agree with Bass that it's weird looking, it doesn't really bother me that much. I'm just excited for this film!

I just saw the film with my mum. We were distracted from start to finish by the CGI, continually fluctuating from looking real to fake, but never immersing either of us. Everything was so colourful and hyper-detailed that it all became a blur. Jamie Bell is outrageously bad; he doesn't remotely act with his voice. He monotonous, husky whipser expresses no emotion. I found the entire experience to be rather boring, unfulfilling, and all-in-all, an attack on the senses. My eyes feel raw, and my mind feels exhausted trying to parse all the information presented in the screen.

There was some nice comedy moments involving Haddock and the Thompsons.

But I think it was very poor, and I am terribly disappointed.

Last edited:
wow, Europe got a really early release date! It doesn't come out in North America until December 21.

Sorry to hear that it disappointed you Bass! :(

Still holding out hope though!

I'm sorry it disappointed me too. Stephen Moffat. Edgar Wright. Peter Jackson.

So disappointed. :(

It's those damn goggles. Zey do nothing to help!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean come on, the guy didn't even like Star Trek.

What a mook.

willarnetthugemistake.jpg

Latest posts

Back