TMNT: Back to Live Action

Re: TMNT: Back to Live Action (2010)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the greatest kid's movies ever and it's savagely under-rated by the world at large. The Secret of the Ooze is its hilarious, toned-down sequel that just goes all out and has the Turtles battling other mutants. The third one doesn't really need to exist and is pretty atrocious, but there are times when it's so bad it's good.

I liked the CGI installment, but it was unanimous that the plot was weak, making the movie feel like a two-hour episode of the new cartoon. I don't know about doing another live-action movie. I'm all for it if today's technology will allow for even more detailed suits, but doesn't it mean that we lose out on all of the things the Turtles could do in the CGI movie that they couldn't possibly do in live-action or even hand-drawn animation (like slipping into the shadows and acrobatically leaping across the rooftops of NY)?

Either way, New Turtles Movie=Excited

Wow, I just watched 1 and 2 yesterday.

I really enjoyed the first one, I really didn't enjoy the second. HOWEVER, Keno the delivery boy was great. Not so much in acting but he had some serious moves. Like under the proper director he could have been the next Jackie Chan, he pulled off many of those so effortlessly and with a touch of charm.

I also liked Shredder seeing the mutants he had created and deciding to kill them because they were stupid. Shredder believes in eugenics.

Super Shredder was kind of stupid and Shredder really should have done it to himself earlier in the movie. I mean he asks for the "most vicious animals you can find." And they bring him a ******* snapping turtle and a puppy. I would have killed the henchmen and injected myself then and there.

Foolsfolly;431816 Super Shredder was kind of stupid and Shredder really should have done it to himself earlier in the movie. I mean he asks for the "most vicious animals you can find." And they bring him a ******* snapping turtle and a puppy. I would have killed the henchmen and injected myself then and there.[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, it's sort of a shame that there wasn't a climactic battle with Super Shredder.

I remember last year when my brother and I were going through a serious TMNT mood, we downloaded a load of emulators and old Genesis Turtles games and in one of them, you got to fight Super Shredder and it was the coolest thing ever.

God, that game was awesome. And tough as a mother ****er, when you finally beat that game you felt like you'd done something.

I hate sounding old and cocky (22) but kids these days have it easy as hell. I had to beat games with no saving gems or points (which are gone now) or without saving files period! And games like TMNT on the Genesis really gave you a work out on the nerves.

I really hope this movie goes back to what worked in the first movie. Because the best thing about the CG TMNT movie was when I went to the theater on opening weekend I met 5 different people from my graduating class. We all sat together and before the movie started we starting singing the simplistic theme song from the cartoon and it spilled over and half of the audience were college kids here to relive their childhood obsessions.

Other than that the Leo Raphael fight was great. That's about it...

God, that game was awesome. And tough as a mother ****er, when you finally beat that game you felt like you'd done something.

I hate sounding old and cocky (22) but kids these days have it easy as hell. I had to beat games with no saving gems or points (which are gone now) or without saving files period! And games like TMNT on the Genesis really gave you a work out on the nerves.

Games are piss-hard in different ways in this day and age. Personally, the concept of having to go back and play a game again and again and again in order to finish it, sounds like a method of torture to me. I love how you can save your game on Emulators.

I really hope this movie goes back to what worked in the first movie. Because the best thing about the CG TMNT movie was when I went to the theater on opening weekend I met 5 different people from my graduating class. We all sat together and before the movie started we starting singing the simplistic theme song from the cartoon and it spilled over and half of the audience were college kids here to relive their childhood obsessions.

Other than that the Leo Raphael fight was great. That's about it...

When I went to the movie with my brother and my cousin/Godson, I noticed that most of the people present were guys about my age, with their younger brothers. I love how TMNT has survived on to a second generation of kids, now. It'll never be as popular, obviously, but nothing is anymore, when the market is so saturated with different things.

Oh, yeah. Games were torture. I remember almost beating Sonic the Hedgehog only to die against Robotnik and I put that game up and didn't play it for a year. I was so fed up with it.

Finally beat it, though. There's only been one game I've never beaten and I'm looking into finding it and beating it. That game is the old Bungie game "Myth: The Fallen Lords" Soulblighter is a mother and a half to kill.

And yeah, I'm glad the kiddies have TMNT too because there is potential in it and it was amazing as a kid.

And yeah, I'm glad the kiddies have TMNT too because there is potential in it and it was amazing as a kid.

TMNT is weird in that it's a franchise where most (if not all) of its hardcore fans don't even want it to be that much like the source material. I certainly don't want to see a TMNT movie/cartoon where the Turtles are ruthless Ninjas who fight and kill for the honour of their master, rather than being fun science-fiction superheroes that eat pizza and say "Cowabunga!".

The Ninja Rap is awesome.

I'd pay to see you break-dance to it.

I don't know about doing another live-action movie. I'm all for it if today's technology will allow for even more detailed suits, but doesn't it mean that we lose out on all of the things the Turtles could do in the CGI movie that they couldn't possibly do in live-action or even hand-drawn animation (like slipping into the shadows and acrobatically leaping across the rooftops of NY)?

Either way, New Turtles Movie=Excited

I'd like to see a combination of live-action (guys in suits), and limited CGI for the more intense action scenes (like the leaping across rooftops scene from last year's TMNT). I think they can be blended seamlessly by a competent production and post-production special effects team.

I also liked Shredder seeing the mutants he had created and deciding to kill them because they were stupid. Shredder believes in eugenics.

Super Shredder was kind of stupid and Shredder really should have done it to himself earlier in the movie. I mean he asks for the "most vicious animals you can find." And they bring him a ******* snapping turtle and a puppy. I would have killed the henchmen and injected myself then and there.

Genius!

:lol:

CBR:

Co-creator Kevin Eastman made a message board post talking live action. "Although the CGI film did well enough to warrent a sequel, there has been much talk between Imagi and Warners to do a better 're-invention' (newest Hollywood buzzword) of the TMNT's, in a live action film -- like what was done with Batman. Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc...there have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original 'first' 'TMNT' film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right--but no official word yet ... will keep you posted."

If that's true it's disappointing since last one ended with a shredder sequel teaser kind of.

CBR:

Debunked! Reader Tristan was the first to point out this link where Mirage licensing head Steve Murphy essentially squashes the talk of a live action adaptation.

Laird Talks TMNT Live Action/CG Hybrid
Source:MTV
September 9, 2008

MTV alerted us they have an update on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles project, which will actually be a live action/CG hybrid:

Kevin Eastman's much-discussed rumor of a live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles may have been quickly shot down last week, but that's not the end of this story.

TMNT co-creator and owner Peter Laird has confirmed to MTV News that he is close to a deal for a live-action/CGI hybrid "TMNT" feature film, and that he'd like to get "TMNT" voice actors Chris Evans and Sarah Michelle Gellar back..."but this time in the flesh."

Nice :D

Not much has been said about this movie since it was announced back in July of last year. But recently an article from Empireonline has now surficed. According to the article the movie will be released in 2011. Also for the story they wanted something a little more along the lines of Wolverine's new movie, to tell the secrets of their origins.

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24646

Latest posts

Back