TMNT: Back to Live Action

Re: TMNT: Back to Live Action (2010)

CBR:

Film producer Scott Mednick spoke with mania.com about the upcoming big green reboot of the live action franchise. "We are intent on re-telling the origin, as it was in Batman, as it was in Superman, frankly as it was in Spider-Man, to tell the origin story. We have an entire new generation of fans who really don't know the full back story," he tells mania.com The new film will use technology featured in Mednick's upcoming "Where the Wild Things Are." He explains, "There's face-replacement technology. The Wild Things were actually done by the Creature shop and Brian Henson, and we use face-replacement technology to get more emotive and expressive faces out of puppets."

Re: TMNT: Back to Live Action (2010)

It'll be better than Turtles III. But seriously :D Yay! I can't wait for this.

Nice! Hopefully the new film will kick ass like I hope.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013) Movie News and Rumors

I looked through ten pages of the Comic Book Movie threads and couldn't find a thread for this. I've been pretty excited about a new Ninja Turtles movie since I heard a bout it a while back, and we're finally getting some details.

It's set to be released by Platinum Dunes (Michael Bay's production company) on Christmas day 2013

Michael Bay:
When you see this movie, kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable.

:-|

crap.

Last edited:
So apparently there was a pretty huge fan backlash at Michael Bay because he said that he was making the Ninja Turtles aliens, in response he said:

Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.

Michael Bay - systematically destroying your childhood memories.

Last edited:
It's not a bad thing to go in new directions. And the turtles have had more vastly different interpretations than most properties. The original comic and the TV show that made them huge are so different that it's ridiculous. But you can reinvent the turtles without changing what they are. TMNT is about four mutated turtles that were raised by a mutated rat in the sewers and trained to be ninjas. That's the foundation, if you start there, then you can build on it in any way you want. If you don't start there, then it's not the ninja turtles, it's something else and you should make it something else.

Plus, I just have no confidence in Michael Bay. I can't tell you how much I disliked Transformers (the first one, I didn't bother with the other two).

Concept Art has been leaked of "Ninja Turtles" Leo.

Latest posts

Back