Top 20 video games that changed the world.

I don't see how newer games could top classics on this list... Like, Pacman, of those games, should have been on the top just because it was the first to blaze the video game trail... At least, of those. I don't know, but this seems like a pretty dispicable list

cmdrjanjalani said:
Final Fantasy 7 - took RPGs out ot the niche market with exceptional graphics (during that time) and story.
EXACTLY!

Goodwill said:
I don't see how newer games could top classics on this list... Like, Pacman, of those games, should have been on the top just because it was the first to blaze the video game trail... At least, of those. I don't know, but this seems like a pretty dispicable list
True some classics should be up on top, but it also depends on how much games changed. Newer games could have 'changed the world' more than classic ones.

To add fuel to the fire on World of Warcraft being influential, Time released its 100 Most Influential People list.

The latest issue of Time Magazine listed Rob Pardo, WOW's VP and Lead Designer, in the top 100 most influential people in the world. He's recognized alongside Hillary Clinton, GHW Bush, and many other great minds.

I think since a lot of you don't play WoW, you don't realize just how influential that game really is.

Last edited:
IMO top 20 games to change world

20 Grand turismo
19 Tetris
18 Pokemon Red/Blue
17 the sims
16 Halo
15 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
14 Super Mario 64
13 Resident Evil
12 Donkey kong
11 Tekken (it did for 3d fighters what street fighter did for 2d)
10 street figter
09 Pro Evolution football (In Uk it changed how see football games even if i dont like it)
08 pacman
07 Lemmings
06 FF7 (I do not like ff games but I can see why it should be here)
05 Mario Kart
04 Goldeneye
03 Sonic
02 Mario
01 GTA III

this is not my fave games of all time but it is the ones I think Changed the world

I should destroy this game.

HOUDE VS THE NINTENDOGS!

AN ALL OUT BATTLE FOR THE FUTURE!

Starring!

Houde as the vengeful gamer

Victor Von Doom as the weapon expert

Slimjim as Cannonfodder

Moonmaster as the comedic relief

Bass as the man who says too much and never makes much sense

E as the man with the plan

And Ice as E's yes man​

Coming to theaters this summer

(One screen shot is shown. Houde is standing there, overlooking the rest of the troops

Houde: Today, the Nintendogs DIE!

The troops go wild. Vic blows something up for effect)

Last edited:
Ultimate Houde said:
Vic blows something up for effect

It's what I do.

Seriously. When we're bored...we go out to the range and will blow stuff up just to see the effect certain amounts of explosives have on different material.

One time we blew up a port-a-potty. Just to see how much explosive it would take to pierce the material. We thought it was cleaned out. Keyword: thought.

I made some 29 year old kid from my unit clean up the mess. Just to show him who's boss.

sjmole said:
IMO top 20 games to change world

20 Grand turismo
19 Tetris
18 Pokemon Red/Blue
17 the sims
16 Halo
15 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
14 Super Mario 64
13 Resident Evil
12 Donkey kong
11 Tekken (it did for 3d fighters what street fighter did for 2d)
10 street figter
09 Pro Evolution football (In Uk it changed how see football games even if i dont like it)
08 pacman
07 Lemmings
06 FF7 (I do not like ff games but I can see why it should be here)
05 Mario Kart
04 Goldeneye
03 Sonic
02 Mario
01 GTA III

this is not my fave games of all time but it is the ones I think Changed the world

You should have Mortal Kombat. That changed the gaming world more then Tekken and Street Fighter

I agree. It seems this list is of games that are making alot of cash, NOT the ones that changed things.

I played EQ (Everquest) for 5-6 years, and even though it may have less people then WoW, it changed the entire MMORPG scene.

World of Warcraft is awful.

This list was made to satiate raving fanboys and lacks merit.

I believe SUPER MARIO BROS. for original Nintendo should hold #1, for bringing millions of non-gamers into the fold with its neat visuals, solid side-scrolling action pioneered by PITFALL, and a replay value second to none... All with the simplistic ease of a two button control scheme.

GTAIII should be #2.

Games that absolutley should be on that list:

- Legend of Zelda: OoT
- Deus Ex
- Donkey Kong
- Super Mario Brothers
- EverQuest

And I think in a few years, Spider-Man 2 will derserve a spot in the high-teens, simply because so many superhero games will be based on the standard that it set.

Nurhachi said:
You should have Mortal Kombat. That changed the gaming world more then Tekken and Street Fighter

I love mortal kombat.

but I also realise it's just street fighter with over the top gore.

sjmole said:
I love mortal kombat.

but I also realise it's just street fighter with over the top gore.
But it did change the world for fighting games, no matter what you consider the game to be like.

BTW, Nur might kill you now for saying that. :lol:

Ice said:
But it did change the world for fighting games, no matter what you consider the game to be like.

BTW, Nur might kill you now for saying that. :lol:

It didn't change the gaming world that much.

Street fighter made 2d fighting what it is.

Tekken did the same for 3d fighters.

I admit I love mortal kombat always have but IMO it has not done that much for games

GTAIII was good but I don't think it should get in the top 10 especially since the 3D free roaming thing was put on the map with MARIO 64. Nintendogs, meh. I guess WoW could be number one 8 million copies, Jesus! Whoever said FF7 should be on there gets a nod from me, because without that game I would have never touched an RPG. Ever. And it's still my favorite one. Yea, and I know somebody already said this, but Zelda was the first saveable platform game. So it should get some props. And F Wolfenstein, Doom pwns that. I still don't think it should be on the list though.

Or Halo 2. Maybe Halo 1, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back