Top 20 video games that changed the world.

Ice said:
That's where I disagree. MK has done more for fighting games than Tekken or SF.

Indeed. While SF may have put fighting games on the map....Virtual Fighter (which was made before Tekken) brought the 3D element to the fighting game.

But it was MK that brought not only newer/better graphics to the platform...but basically set the standard of video game violence in the first place.

So without MK...you wouldn't have games like GTAIII. And even then...GTA might've improved upon the "sandbox" idea...but Driver brought it to the table first.

where are the classics that introduced and defined the world. Some games like FF or the mmorpg wouldn't even exsist without Zelda. But then there are some who would argue that Zelda wouldn't exsist without LotR or D/D. But that's another arguement. To me--this whole list is pretty much a throwaway page filler from some dying video game magazine.

Victor Von Doom said:
Indeed. While SF may have put fighting games on the map....Virtual Fighter (which was made before Tekken) brought the 3D element to the fighting game.

But it was MK that brought not only newer/better graphics to the platform...but basically set the standard of video game violence in the first place.

So without MK...you wouldn't have games like GTAIII. And even then...GTA might've improved upon the "sandbox" idea...but Driver brought it to the table first.

where are the classics that introduced and defined the world. Some games like FF or the mmorpg wouldn't even exsist without Zelda. But then there are some who would argue that Zelda wouldn't exsist without LotR or D/D. But that's another arguement.
*Claps*

Damn straight, Vic!

Last edited:
i think the fact that what may be my number 1 pick wasn't on the list at all lets me classify this as the

WORST LIST EVAR!

sjmole said:
It didn't change the gaming world that much.

Street fighter made 2d fighting what it is.

Tekken did the same for 3d fighters.

I admit I love mortal kombat always have but IMO it has not done that much for games

false. Marvel capcom 2 made 2d fighting what it is. that game was the shizzle.

iceman said:

I disagree. You always gotta give it up to the predecessor. Without them you have no marvel vs capcom or even capcom vs snk. To me that's better than marvel vs capcom. That game lacked alot of strategy.

King of fighterS was a great game too.

iceman said:

Marvel Vs Capcom was the plateau for 2D. Street Fighter III was the peak. But neither made the genre what it is.

Victor Von Doom said:
Marvel Vs Capcom was the plateau for 2D. Street Fighter III was the peak. But neither made the genre what it is.

3RD STRIKE was a pretty fun game I enjoyed that one alot. Still think SFII was the one that busted the door down.

HERE'S MY LIST BUT NOT IN ANY ORDER.

Pong, Galaga, Street Fighter II, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Super mario Bros., Golden Eye, Mario 64, CounterStrike, Everquest, Doom, Tetris, DDR, Halo, Madden, Pac Man, Virtua Fighter, Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Half-Life 2

sjmole said:
I love mortal kombat.

but I also realise it's just street fighter with over the top gore.

:shock:

sjmole said:
I admit I love mortal kombat always have but IMO it has not done that much for games

:shock: :shock:

iceman said:
false. Marvel capcom 2 made 2d fighting what it is..

:sure:

Ice said:
That's where I disagree. MK has done more for fighting games than Tekken or SF.

:heart:

Synch said:

:rockon:

Victor Von Doom said:

8)

Nintendogs?? E.T.?? Well, they probably changed the "suck" factor.

I'm glad Mortal Kombat's on the list, but why is it number 10? The game was the sole reason there's a game rating system today. And without it paving the way, games like Grand Theft Auto may never have been made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back