Top Ten Greatest Films of All Time

Well I can accept all of that just fine. Believe me, when you're as into movies as I am you can't not learn to accept differing opinions. What gets me is when people give opinions on films and support them with things that just aren't true, like the walking argument.

I mean, your above post is a whole different story, and actually makes sense(in terms of an opinion). Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

I would have, but it was too long to type out. I'm actually extremely tired right now, but unable to sleep because I drank about a gallon of Mountain Dew earlier in the day (it was a contest...but I won't get into that here) and am feeling very lazy. But when you pressed the argument I bit the bullet.

these people exist?

Uggh...apparently. If there's one thing we can agree on, it is that Star Was is "the boss".

I love when you go all English on us.

cheers

Don't normally type with much english slang in it but every now and again I just think bugger it I can't be arsed typing out all this bollocks so that other people in other countries can understand me better.

My Spider-Man grades (which haven't changed since the first times I saw them, by the way) :

Spider-Man : B-

Spider-Man 2 : A

I'm almost positive that 3 will fall somewhere in between for me.

My Spider-Man grades (which haven't changed since the first times I saw them, by the way) :

Spider-Man : B-

Spider-Man 2 : A

I'm almost positive that 3 will fall somewhere in between for me.

That's cool

I would grade them like this

Spider-man A

Spider-man 2 A-

I estimate for me Spider-man 3 will be A+

I'm really not a fan of the first Spider-Man at all.

But Spider-Man 2 is very good.

But I wouldn't put either in any greatest movie of all time list.

these people exist?

Want to hear something funny? My girlfriend liked the prequels but hated the originals.

This brings up an excellent point, though. If you didn't grow up with the Original Trilogy (Or saw them when they first came out), would you still like them today?

Want to hear something funny? My girlfriend liked the prequels but hated the originals.

This brings up an excellent point, though. If you didn't grow up with the Original Trilogy (Or saw them when they first came out), would you still like them today?

That's a tough one. Growing up in the 80s like I did the Original Trilogy was all pervasive in my life so I can't posisbly imagine what seeing the new trilogy first would be like.

I'd have to say the original movies are pretty perfect all around, though. I mean, I think they could easily be made today exactly as they were back then (well, they might look better, but with the same scripts and pacing and whatever I mean) and still be huge blockbusters.

I know someone who never saw the originals. They loved the prequels so I made them watch the originals but the dvds that came out in the boxset so they looked more like the prequels.

They loved them so then I made them watch the original unedited version. They loved that too.

So I think it is possible to like them watching today it just depends.

I watched the original trilogy all the time when I was a kid, and they're definitely better than the prequel trilogy.

I prefer to watch the prequel trilogy over the original trilogy however, as I think they're far more entertaining. General Grievous FTW.

No particular order..

Sin City
**** and Bull Story
The Shining
Hedwig and the angry inch (actually make this #1)
One flew over the cuckoo's nest

Munich
Gandhi
O brother where art thou
Dr. Strangelove
Millenium Actress (Amazing Satoshi Kon Anime)

I might rearrange things to put some david lynch or tarrantino in, or shaun of the dead...or miike takeshi.....I thought about putting original Batman in there but I've already got 2 Jack Nicholson films in there.

I can not do my list because I have not seen the top ten greatest films of all time.

I reckon that one of the greatest films OF ALL TIME...will be directed by someone born in the 853rd Century. But you can make a list of your top ten desert island films

10. Donnie Darko
9. Jurassic Park
(the best action adventure movie. I remember going to see it in the movie theaters I was like 3 I've been a movie buff ever since......Oh and if someone says the other two are better I WILL STAB YOU IN THE JAW AND YES THIS A THREAT)
8. Oldboy
7. se7en
6. Fightclub
5. City of God
4. Godfather
3. Clockwork Orange
2. Godfather pt II
1. Goodfellas

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back