Top Ten Greatest Films of All Time

9. Jurassic Park (the best action adventure movie. I remember going to see it in the movie theaters I was like 3 I've been a movie buff ever since......Oh and if someone says the other two are better I WILL STAB YOU IN THE JAW AND YES THIS A THREAT)

Anyone who says that has clearly been replaced by some sort of evil android or demon and hence doing so would be on the side of righteousness.

10. Metoroporisu - Arguably one of the greatest animated films ever.

9. Leon (aka The Professional)

8. Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - Kubrick and Sellers at their respective best.

7. M*A*S*H

6. Mr Smith Goes to Washington - I admit, I'm a sucker for Frank Capra movies.

5. Brazil - A wonderfully surreal vision from Monty Python member Terry Gilliam

4. Pan's Labyrinth - del Toro's best work.

3. Pulp Fiction - as much as I love Dogs and Bill, this movie defined Tarantino

2. Star Wars - As much as I'm not a huge fan of the movies, I can agree how they effected film making.

1. Singing in the Rain - the pinnacle of musical films.

Jurassic Park is arguably the most under-rated "one of the greatest movies of all time" ever.

I mean, it's not even on the IMDb Top-250. POTC is on there and JP isn't? I'm a huge fan of the Pirates franchise but that's just silly.

(Personally I think The Usual Suspects, which is like #18 or something, is terribly overrated and shouldn't be on the list either, but saying something like that would likely get me yelled at around here).

Jurassic Park isn't on the list? That's insane.

Had I realized that, I would have flat out insulted Planet-Man's tastes rather than subtly implying it. :p :D :D

I'll try harder next time.

I just fail to see the hype. The twist, although VERY well done, was too obvious, and the fact that
if the entire movie's a lie, none of it makes sense anyway
just ruins it.

Also, unlike truly great twist movies like The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, once you know the twice the film has no replay value.

Last edited:
I agree, actually. That's the reason I don't think its a great movie... But its still really really ****ing good and I still love watching it, especially with people who don't know the twist.

Also: Kevin Spacey is phenomenal in it.

This, American Beauty, and Se7en are his best films...

I can not do my list because I have not seen the top ten greatest films of all time.
Ha!
But you can make a list of your top ten desert island films
Oh, okay. I get it.

10. Swept Away
9. Blue Lagoon
8. Robinson Crusoe
7. Lord of the Flies
6. Castaway

Um, I can think of anymore...
8. Oldboy[/SIZE]
OMG, YOU'RE GONNA SHOOT UP YOUR SCHOOL!!!
I just fail to see the hype. The twist, although VERY well done, was too obvious, and the fact that
if the entire movie's a lie, none of it makes sense anyway
just ruins it.

Also, unlike truly great twist movies like The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, once you know the twice the film has no replay value.
I've seen Unbreakable 3 or 4 times. :?

I agree, actually. That's the reason I don't think its a great movie... But its still really really ****ing good and I still love watching it, especially with people who don't know the twist.

Then what's to twitch about? I said it was terribly overrated, because according to the mass votes at IMDb it's the EIGHTEENTH GREATEST FILM EVER MADE.

If you agree....:sure:

Also: Kevin Spacey is phenomenal in it.

Ugh, American Beauty and Se7en are films I really want to see but never have the chance to. Everyone I know has already seen Se7en and no one's interested in seeing AB.

I'll probably rent them both myself once I get a summer job, hopefully at Blockbuster.

This, American Beauty, and Se7en are his best films...

Spacey was great in Suspects for sure, and in K-PAX, but I don't understand why so many people think he's the greatest actor ever. I'm pleasantly surprised he hasn't showed up on anyone's actor list yet. He's very good, but I think he overacts a lot of the time.

Se7en's really good. Very creepy.

You said it was terribly overrated, but I'd still probably put it in my top fifty movies, at least in my top 100. Probably not as high as it is, but I wouldn't say it was terribly overrated, because its a damn good movie.

Last edited:
Ugh, American Beauty and Se7en are films I really want to see but never have the chance to. Everyone I know has already seen Se7en and no one's interested in seeing AB.
Both of them are really good. Best movies ever? Eh, maybe, maybe not. I think that American Beauty is fantastic, but its a does a specific thing (or set of things, whatever) very well. If those are for you, its awesome. If they aren't? Psh.

Latest posts

Back