Spider-Man Toxin

nigma

I saw that a lot of people had picked up or said they were going to pick up Toxin...and just wanted to know if it was worth picking up in single issue or if its worth a trade?

I rate it a solid "Eh".

Not bad, but not great.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think me and captain are the only ones who like to start discussion threads...
That's cuz you guys just jump quickly to do it, without waiting for anything. And Captain does it without even having the issue at hand too.

icemastertron said:
That's cuz you guys just jump quickly to do it, without waiting for anything. And Captain does it without even having the issue at hand too.

Easy Ice, how could you possibly try to turn a negative spin on creating discussion threads.... all you do is put a "title, issue number, discussion, spoilers" and you get a meaningful discussion going. So what if you don't have the issue or how fast you do it?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Easy Ice, how could you possibly try to turn a negative spin on creating discussion threads.... all you do is put a "title, issue number, discussion, spoilers" and you get a meaningful discussion going. So what if you don't have the issue or how fast you do it?
Easy? I wasn't yelling. I was just saying.

Actually I agree with Ice. That drives me nuts. It's one thing to start a thread asking to have the issue spoiled but it's another to start a thread and leave someone else to start the discussion.

Anyway, back on toxin - er, topic. On Toxin. Whatever. :crazy:

UltimateE said:
Actually I agree with Ice. That drives me nuts. It's one thing to start a thread asking to have the issue spoiled but it's another to start a thread and leave someone else to start the discussion.

Well I never do that... I read the issue hop online find the thread or start the thread and give out as much discussion as I can. I don't just say here's a discussion for anyone who read it...

TheManWithoutFear said:
So What is going on in Toxin?

He's going after King Cobra, who was one of the villains who broke out in New Avengers.

does anyone thats read the comic have an answer for me. if Toxin is worth a single issue pickup or if might be worth a trade at the moment?

Well, I just got the issue yesterday, and I thought it was really good. Definetly a good issue.

As for whether to pick it up now or in trade, I say its pretty good to pick up now. The writing is good, and the art is very good too. The covers are awesome as well.

It seems to me like the perfect candidate for waiting for the trade. It seems like it will be self-contained and not feature any drastic changes for any characters. So if you prefer waiting, this might be the book to do it for.

vintsukka said:
Is Toxin the same as Venom vs. Carnage that Amazon is selling? It's written by Peter Milligan and the Toxin is mentioned in a review on the site.
Like Pandrio said, Venom vs Carnage is where Toxin was introduced, the offspring from Carnage. Then he had his own mini series, named after himself that was a tie-in to BREAKOUT, the first arc of New Avengers that dealt with the prisoners that broke out of Rykers.

Venom & Carnage was OK.

Toxin sucked.

I wouldn't recommend it. At all. To anyone.

Latest posts

Back