Transformers: Dark of the Moon discussion

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon discussion (spoilers)

To be fair I didn't see all of 3 so maybe it got better later on. I just found it unbearable.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/29/transformers-optimus-prime/

This article on the portrayal of Optimus Prime in the movies is pretty funny and close to what I was thinking.

Even with it's faults I still think 3 is better than 2...but that says more about the quality of 2 rather than the quality of 3.

"The slow devolution of Optimus Prime from a caring leader to a homicidal ninja douche rocket."

This has to be the most accurate description of Bayformers' Prime.

Michael Bay's Homicidal Ninja Douche Rockets.

27827.gif

He reused that footage because a stunt person involved in the intended scene was injured.

Last edited:

I watched Transformers (the first) in theatres. I hated it so much I made a vow never to watch it again nor to watch any other transformers movie directed by Michael Bay.

I've had no problems keeping that vow.

I adored the first Transformers, both as a genuinely entertaining and awesome action film and a well-timed comedy. The only person who annoyed me in it was John Turturro. It was one of my favourite experiences in a cinema. It had a goofy charm about it; as though it knew it was never going to be better than a film about a bunch of transforming robots designed to appeal to a mass audience (which is what the die-hard fans forget) could be. The best way to describe it comes from one of the many positive reviews it got: "It's a terrible film, but one of the best movies ever made."

Alas, the second one was one of the worst films I've ever seen. I haven't seen it since the one and only time I saw it in the cinema and I never want to see it ever again.

I'm interested in seeing the new one, even in spite of the terrible, terrible things that are being said about it. I have faith that it's still enjoyable in a goofy way, I always enjoy Shia La Boeuf and I'm inclined to think that people are just against the franchise after the last one. I'm also going to trust Michael Bay's claim that the writer's strike got in the way of the last one, even though all signs point to that not being true.

Last edited:
Great news guys! The new one is even worse than this one! :D

Latest posts

Back