Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Re: Batman Begins (Movie spoilers).

I resist. :p

Resistance is futile

Bass = Borg think of it

B _ _ _ fill in the blanks and you have bass or borg :shock:

Me = Picard.

... You DO know Picard got assimilated right?

3yry3iwhk3.gif

My answer to this question will always be the same:

They should be played by whoever is best for the part, regardless of fame or lack thereof.

I said nobody i didn't know who she is much besides a female cop from animated show.:oops:

... You DO know Picard got assimilated right?

3yry3iwhk3.gif

Yes. And he went on to become the worst enemy the Borg had.

I was going to go with Data, but Picard sounded cooler. :wink:

Yes. And he went on to become the worst enemy the Borg had.

I was going to go with Data, but Picard sounded cooler. :wink:

Dude... if you want me to cut off your balls and make you kill your family... fine. You "win"... ^______^

Remember? Picard in Generations is all "There will be no more Picards" - obviously because the Borg removed his testicles. And "family" as in Starfleet.

Remember? Picard in Generations is all "There will be no more Picards" - obviously because the Borg removed his testicles. And "family" as in Starfleet.

What kind of metaphorical bullcrap is this!? Remove JEAN LUC PICARD'S testicles!? PSHAW! Picard just didn't want to have any more whiny Wil Wheatons running around the bridge of the Enterprise, so he made sure to use protection when making it so with Dr. Crusher. And who did he kill as a Borg in Starfleet? And even if he did, who cares! His freakin' Captain Picard! They'd probably give him the upgraded Enterprise F because he obviously did it for the good of the whole Federation!

HA! :p

I feel like such a nerd.

I've always been interested in Star Trek, but have never known where to begin or what to watch.

What do I do first?

I've always been interested in Star Trek, but have never known where to begin or what to watch.

What do I do first?

in terms of shows (not including the old animated one)

it goes

original or just star trek depending on if you go by dvd title

the next generation

deep space nine

voyager

enterprise but this is a prequel to original so up to you if you put this first or last

however since you've not seen much I say start with next generation however if you like a big arc the deep space nine. The reason I recommend Next Generation to start is you do not need to of seen original to enjoy it and it is in most fans eyes the best series.

hope this helps dude

in terms of shows (not including the old animated one)

it goes

original or just star trek depending on if you go by dvd title

the next generation

deep space nine

voyager

enterprise but this is a prequel to original so up to you if you put this first or last

however since you've not seen much I say start with next generation however if you like a big arc the deep space nine. The reason I recommend Next Generation to start is you do not need to of seen original to enjoy it and it is in most fans eyes the best series.

hope this helps dude

Agreed about Next Gen. Although, if you know next to nothing about the Original Series, certain episodes in Next Gen won't have the same resonance with you. Like the episodes where they meet Spock, Sarek, McCoy, Scotty, etc. However, most of us probably started with Next Gen.

Maybe to get you familiar with the characters, watch the original 6 movies concurrently with Next Generation. Be warned that the The Motion Picture (Star Trek 1) is boring as hell, Star Trek 3 is mostly a plot device (Although it has good parts), and Star Trek 5 is will probably lower your IQ. 2, 4, and 6 are awesome as hell, though. Especially 2 (Wrath of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!).

After that, the Original Series. It's a bit campy, but it has great character moments. Actually, you might want to wait until you can get all the Remastered Editions. You can probably watch the Next Generation movies here as well (7-10). The only really good 1 is 8 (First Contact). Generations is decent (7) and Inssurection feels like a 2 hour episode (9). 10 (Nemesis). . .not so good. I'd put it above Motion Picture and Final Frontier (5), but no higher.

After that, Deep Space Nine. Great, great show, especially if you like story arcs over the episodic format.

Then Voyager. Voyager is hit or miss. It's. . .ok, but that's it.

Finally, Enterprise. I'm going to admit that ENT is a guilty pleasure of mine, but to be honest, its more hit and miss than Voyager. Like SSJmole said, it's a prequel, but you really need to watch at least Next Gen and the Original Series to enjoy it.

After that, if you're still interested (How did you get through all of that Trek!?), the Animated Series is pretty good. It's a continuation of the Original Series and most of the actors return to do their voices. It's "technically" not canon, but Trek canon is dumb, so don't worry about it.

After that, there's numerous novels you can read, a lot of which are good. Again, technically not canon, but ignore Trek canon. You'll avoid the headaches that way.

SSJmole said:
That looks cool Lynx

It does, doesn't it? I hope they go with TV over Webisodes if they do it. I'm not big on Web shows, simply because I never remember to actually check to see when they're up. I like the fact that it's after the Romulan War, is AFTER Next Gen, and has an aging Enterprise with a captain that wants to restore the glory of the name 'Enterprise'. I also like that the designs are a throw back to TOS. That's an interesting concept.

Last edited:
I like enterprise too Lynx.

In terms of favourite to me it goes

1 next gen

2 Enterprise

3 Deep Space Nice

4 The original (not that fussed on it but had it's moments)

5 voyager I hate that series

but I agree with you Lynx some are hit or miss. The thing I like is if people watched it I guarantee they would like a lot of episodes as it brings together a ot of elements to each series.

E.g Next gen has Data which in a lot of ways is a very emotional character he wants so much to have what we take for granted. We can laugh and he feels cheated and so gets a humour chip and Ironically he enjoys life more than human as he is fascinated by everything. Deep symbolic and a great part and that is just one character!

The races and their differences Vulcans - logic and like too settle things with their mind. Klingons however are the exact oppersit its great.

now I'm not a big trek fan like I can't name every episode ect... but I know what I like and I like star trek.

Also Lynx mentioned books ect.. and I realised I forgot something to new fans on here that would ease them in to trek more. Not cannon and it's kind of cheesy but also done well. The Star Trek/X-men cross over comic.

Latest posts

Back