Turtles Forever TV Movie

That, was so beautiful.

Just brilliant.

P.S. Did anyone else spot Tokka and Rahzar in the crowd of monsters created by the Purple Dragons?

That, was so beautiful.

Just brilliant.

P.S. Did anyone else spot Tokka and Rahzar in the crowd of monsters created by the Purple Dragons?

Yup. Also loved all the nods to the different continuitites (comic, cartoon, live-action, etc).

It really was great. Even for non-Turtle fans there's something there (the constant gags based on the ridiculousness of the different versions), but it was definitely made for fans of the franchise (lots of little in-jokes).

I'd almost forgotten it was on (missed the first half hour or so), but caught it while flipping channels. Really glad I woke up at a reasonable time this Saturday.

I loved how the first ten minutes the old school turtles would constantly defeat enemies by looking up and seeing something they can use to fall on their opponent.

Also when black and white shredder showed up only to be knocked off a building by trash and junk, priceless.

This was the most entertaining thing I've seen involving the Turtles, probably since the original live-action movie (which I will definitely re-watch in the next week).

Easily on a par with anything by Bruce Timm, at least in terms of pleasing the fans with nods to various incarnations and sheer entertainment value.

I hope this gets a DVD release, in spite of the Nickelodeon takeover thing.

I hope this gets a DVD release, in spite of the Nickelodeon takeover thing.

Oh it'll definitely get a DVD release. In fact, I think they even mentioned when the DVD would be out during commercial breaks, but I can't remember specifically.

Regardless, it'll be on DVD eventually.

And don't forget, Bebop and Rocksteady saved the entire multiverse.

:lol:

I had not one complaint with that movie. So good.

Last edited:
And don't forget, Bebop and Rocksteady saved the entire multiverse.

Yeah, that didn't even dawn on me until I saw someone mention it on another forum. So, so awesome.

Oh it'll definitely get a DVD release. In fact, I think they even mentioned when the DVD would be out during commercial breaks, but I can't remember specifically.

Regardless, it'll be on DVD eventually.

I'll definitely go out and buy this, even if it's a vanilla release. Like the original movie, this is something I want to watch again and again.

The only minor complaint I would have is that the film does mock the original 1987 cartoon Turtles a bit, but I suppose it wouldn't have worked any other way. If they had been any more serious, there wouldn't have been enough of a contrast between them and their modern counterparts. Plus, their comic relief helped me get over the fact that their legendary theme tune was absent from the movie.

Watch...
[youtube]90Tueundpyk[/youtube]
...and rejoice.

Last edited:
Oh, I wanted a Super Sinister Ally!

Hun as Spike was brillant

Isn't his name Slash? I can't really remember.

That, was so beautiful.

Just brilliant.

Yeah, I geek-gasmed.

Leo: "You don't understand! Our Shredder is brutal!"

Don: "Vicious!"

Mike: "Competent!"

:lol:

I can't believe how strong this guy is, trash cans aren't even working!

*Raph looks at the vehicles*

"What, was the clown car in the shop?"

The only minor complaint I would have is that the film does mock the original 1987 cartoon Turtles a bit, but I suppose it wouldn't have worked any other way.

The only time that bothed me was on turtle prime when they threw their weapons and ran, that just didn't feel right.

This was beautiful.

As a fan of all the turtle series, this was awesome.

You know what i loved? 80's shredder finally getting fed up and attacking Kraig after all the insult he dishes out to him.

That was a long time coming.

Latest posts

Back