UC: The Lurker War

I will never stop.

I wield the Great Power. I was chosen.

I hold The Flame that engulfs your world. I bring The Darkness that enshrouds you. I carry The Disease which infects your people. I ride The Storms that strike Fear into your hearts. I spread Hatred amongst your ranks. My eyes see the atoms of the universe, and I see that they yield to Me.

I see you. You are weak. And you are Afraid.

I am The Black One, The Chaos-Bringer, The Dark Lord, Legion, The Great Fear, The Ancient Master, The Scourge, The Destroyer. I am War. I am Famine. I am Pestilence. I am Death.

I am the End. Your end.

But I will never stop.

And I am coming.

Last edited:
I will never stop.

I wield the Great Power. I was chosen.

I hold The Flame that engulfs your world. I bring The Darkness that enshrouds you. I carry The Disease which infects your people. I ride The Storms that strike Fear into your hearts. I spread Hatred amongst your ranks. My eyes see the atoms of the universe, and I see that they yield to Me.

I see you. You are weak. And you are Afraid.

I am The Black One, The Chaos-Bringer, The Dark Lord, Legion, The Great Fear, The Ancient Master, The Scourge, The Destroyer. I am War. I am Famine. I am Pestilence. I am Death.

I am the End. Your end.

But I will never stop.

And I am coming.

Can you spell delusions of grandeur?

So that's the smell....

Just so y'all know, the next chapter will be up in the next few days now I have returned home after my rock sabbatical.

Chapter 5: Into the Dark

The Lurker work crew dug deeper and deeper into the cavern walls. The men had been working for hours chipping away at the earth encasing the Black Temple. The earth,

even though it was soft to the touch, put up a surprising resistance as the Lurkers attempted to clear it away. Suddenly the rock walls began to crumble, tumbling down in

front of the Lurkers like a waterfall. Standing in place of the wall stood a black marble arch, engraved with runic symbols. Beyond the arch sprawled a massive darkened

courtyard.

"At last…" whispered Scarecrow, as he led his men through the dark passageway into the courtyard. The Lurkers stood in awe of their surroundings, gazing at the glittering

stones set into the floor and the huge marble carvings of long lost heroes and monsters lining the edges of the courtyard.

"It's astounding..." said Pearl. "How did this stay preserved for so long?" The Lurker walked further into the cavern. "It's as if it was brand…."

Pearl was cut off midsentence. Scarecrow turned to face his lieutenant, only to see Pearl had vanished. He looked deeper into the dark, seeing nothing but gloomy courtyard.

"Pearl?"

Suddenly, something was launched across the courtyard, emerging from the very shadows themselves. Scarecrow moved towards the object, only to discover Pearl's beaten

and mangled corpse sprawled out on the floor.

"Lurkers, defend yourselves!" commanded Scarecrow.

As if separating from the shadows themselves, dark figures emerged from the darkness. Their bodies were swathed in robes as black as the shadows around them, almost

absorbing what little light surrounded them. Their faces were hidden underneath dark hoods and only their glittering eyes were visible.

"Leave our realm now, or face the judgement of our Master." said one of the figures.

"Take them." growled Scarecrow.

The Lurker pack descended upon the shadowy priests like wild dogs. The priests dodged every blow, sliding through the shadows instantly. Lurkers were being dragged into the

shadows and tossed out from another area like ragdolls. Soon the Lurker force was beaten into submission. Scarecrow stood alone. Throwing his hat aside to reveal his face for

the first time in memory, he stood before the leader of the priests.

"I am Scarecrow. I am fear. I will never stop. Grant me passage into The Black Temple or face my wrath."

Suddenly the priests dropped to their knees before Scarecrow. They seemed to be staring at a mark on his forehead, a simple circle with a dot in the centre.

"He has arrived..." whispered the lead priest, who slowly rose to his feet once more. "You bear the mark of The Chaos-Bringer." he said, pointing at the mark on Scarecrow's

brow. "You are the one who will bring about the rise of our Master once more. You must be taken to the Temple at once."

"Now that's what I'm talking about…" muttered Scarecrow.

Sorry... but I take the Whedon approach to storytelling. No one is safe.

Besides, you got a dramatic shock death that spurred on the story. Not like Venom Melendez, who died three chapters ago and no one noticed.

S'cool, but make sure everyone angsts about me. That would be more realistic considering just who you offed...

:wink:

Sorry... but I take the Whedon approach to storytelling. No one is safe.

Besides, you got a dramatic shock death that spurred on the story. Not like Venom Melendez, who died three chapters ago and no one noticed.

I didn't even notice that i'm dead.

*Dramatic Music*

IN 2009...

THE HUNT WILL BEGIN...
"We need to get E and Seldes back!" yelled Proj, staring down into The Pit.

THE BATTLE WILL COMMENCE...
"Suit up guys," muttered Houde, loading his shotgun, "We're going in."

SCORES WILL BE SETTLED...
"Let's finish this." snarled Doom.

*Dramatic Music*

AND THE DARKNESS WILL RISE.
"I AM SCARECROW! I HOLD THE POWER OF (unregistered user)! I AM THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORES! CRASH 'GAINST ME AND BE BROKEN!!"

UC: The Lurker War
January 2009

Probably.

Latest posts

Back