UFF and WWII

ProjectX2 said:
I'll bet you $5 that he'll appear at least twice.

He will actually make an average of 250 appearances. At the last second Millar will reveal that he is transforming UFF into Ultimate Captain America. The UFF will not appear once within the 12 issues.

Seriously.

I like the theory that he'll meet future Reed so he can learn how to fight Ga Lak Tus. Didn't they originally say that Ultimate Secret was being delayed because of UFF? And then they said it was McNiven? I got aggravated about that and quit keeping up on the news so I can't really remember. If UFF had anything to do with the delay, then the future thing would make sense....

UltimateE said:
I think you guys are putting way too much thought into this. I'd hazard to guess it's not going to be anywhere near as convoluted as that.
Agree.

I'm trying not to put much thought in this as well as I expect it to just be one series of wacky adventures connected to another. I mean those first six pages of UFF 21 are just freaking nuts.

ourchair said:
Agree.

I'm trying not to put much thought in this as well as I expect it to just be one series of wacky adventures connected to another. I mean those first six pages of UFF 21 are just freaking nuts.
Freaking nuts pages written by a freaking nuts writer. That balances out pretty well, no? :p

ourchair said:
Agree.

Agreed, which is exactly what this book needs. Man, I can't wait for this. :rockon:

Well, you're right, I think this title is in need of something as ambitious as this, but this really could hurt the title in the long run. To have these adventures and then to have the title go back to mediocre afterwards is going to be pretty upsetting.

Goodwill said:
Well, you're right, I think this title is in need of something as ambitious as this, but this really could hurt the title in the long run. To have these adventures and then to have the title go back to mediocre afterwards is going to be pretty upsetting.
I don't think Millar's run is trying to be "ambitious". In fact, I hardly think Millar is ever ambitious. I hardly think it requires ambition to write laudable comic book content --- it should be the standard.

What Millar seems to be trying to do is write the most logically entertaining stories that can be told with any set of characters, whether its the macho fascism of Wanted, the obvious geopolitical implications of superhumans within Ultimates, and the potential for manic science fiction giddiness inherent within a property like Ultimate Fantastic Four.

I would say to go from the science of the FF to the adventure in the FF in such an abrupt moment, I would call that ambitious. Millar or not, it takes guts to turn the title around like that.

Goodwill said:
I would say to go from the science of the FF to the adventure in the FF in such an abrupt moment, I would call that ambitious. Millar or not, it takes guts to turn the title around like that.
From science to adventure? You mean it can't be both?

Goodwill said:
I mean it can be, but it is two very different things.
They are two very different things, yes, but they are not antithetical. They don't contradict each other at all.

I'm guessing the WWII idea was abandoned.

ggrr... I'm still hoping for Namor's history to be explored, along with the Ultimate Invaders.

Don't give up on WWII.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back