Ulimate Fantastic Four: Thanos/Cosmic Cube (#50-53)

the watcher

See a preview of this at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0801/18/marvelfirsts.htm

Also see preview of IRON MAN #25, MARVEL ADVENTURES IRON MAN #9,
THE ORDER #7, THE PUNISHER #54, SHE-HULK #25, Mavel Zomibes II #4, ULTIMATE IRON MAN II #2, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS #8,
YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS #1, WORLD WAR HULK AFTERSMASH: DAMAGE CONTROL #1, & MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY #2

Re: Ulimate Fantastic four #50 discussion (spoilers!)

I read #50, this could prove to be a good start. Carey's final bringing everything full circle and the art's not bad.

I agree, I think if he (finally) gives all of his new characters some personality behind cool names and good art this could be the best arc he's contributed to the book yet.

Wow. Looks like Im not the only person to drop this title. Only 3 comments? Ow

I'm still buying it but it just doesn't have the same enjoyment I have than reading USM and even UXM. Too many weird characters I don't really care about. So far it's still the first issue so I hope it becomes more exciting in the succeeding ones. So far the most interesting UFF arc he made was Silver Surfer and Ghosts wasn't bad either.

Another gripe I have with Carey is that he seemed to have pretty much dropped Alicia Masters who was introduced by Millar. Sure she felt like a throwaway character back then, but if he actually made Enid a regular supporting cast member, why not her?

Ultimate Fantastic Four #51 discussion (spoilers!)

See preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four #51 at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0802/22/marvelfirsts.htm

Also see previews of BLACK PANTHER ANNUAL #1, CAPTAIN AMERICA #35, WORLD WAR HULK AFTERSMASH: DAMAGE CONTROL, DAREDEVIL #10, MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY, HOUSE OF M: AVENGERS #5, KICK-*** #1, MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #33, MARVEL ADVENTURES IRON MAN #10, Marvel Zombies 2 #5, NEW WARRIORS #9, SHE-HULK #26, SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #2, THOR #6, THUNDERBOLTS: INTERNATIONAL INCIDEN, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #119, X-MEN: LEGACY #208, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS #9, YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS #2, & Zombie: Simon Garth #4.

Re: Ultimate Fantastic Four #51 discussion (spoilers!)

Wasn't this issue supposed to be out 4 days ago? I still havent gotten it...

Re: Ultimate Fantastic Four #51 discussion (spoilers!)

I liked it.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #52 discussion (spoilers!)

See a preview of this issue at: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0803/21/marvelfirsts.htm

See what the Invisible Woman and Torch turn into, See Thanos's daughter, and see guest stars the Ultimates...

Also see previews of BLACK PANTHER #35, DAREDEVIL #106, MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY #4, MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #34, MARVEL ADVENTURES IRON MAN #11, MARVEL ATLAS #2, MIGHTY AVENGERS #11, MS. MARVEL #25, NEW AVENGERS #39, NEW WARRIORS #10, POWER PACK: DAY ONE #1, SHE-HULK #27, SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #3, & ULTIMATE HUMAN #3.

Re: Ultimate Fantastic Four #52 discussion (spoilers!)

So...umm....
This is the first appearance of the Ultimates post-Millar
Right?

RIGHT??

Got this issue, too.

The Ultimates show up and try to fight Thanos, evil Johnny, and Evil Sue.

Meanwhile Thing goes on a "date" with one of Thanos' daughters and eventually runs into a petrified Reed... Who isn't actually Reed. I dunno.

I'm not into the UU or comics anymore for that matter.

Was Elektra in the group shot or was that Scarlet Witch?

Scarlet Witch. So yes, apparently this UFF arc takes place before Ultimates 3.

Something led me to believe UFF takes place before UXM, but I can't remember what.

But that is definately Elektra in the shot at the end.

Latest posts

Back