Ultimate Angel/Archangel

Hmm...I don't think so...

I reckon that Mojo will be some kind of media kingpin or something, I don't think he will have the technology to upgrade Angel, but we will only know that for sure when issue 54 come out. And also I can't think of a reason that Mojo would enhance Warren. Mojo's reality show is all about killing mutants so why would he upgrade Angel?
Maybe Archangel won't even show up...

XTFLyons said:
Since half/most of you guys think that Apocolypse doesn't exist does anyone think that maybe Ultimate Mojo could be the one responsible for giving Angel the famous upgrade?

Or, better yet, nobody is responsible and they don't do that, because it was a bad idea in the first place.

UltimateE said:
Or, better yet, nobody is responsible and they don't do that, because it was a bad idea in the first place.

They did Archangel to make Angel a more active fighter. With natural wing made of actual feathers he is pretty helpless in the battlefield.

I reckon it would be simpler to have Angel losing his wings and someone at Shield maye, Stark or Pym, would make him some cybernetic wings. But I don't know why he would get blue.

the blue was to give him a physical mutation that forced him to adapt to living wiht something that made him abnormal but in a definitely negative way. Angel has had less grief over his unnatural apperance than say Nightcrawler so was well adjusted. THe blue just meant that he had to deal wtih something new ontop of everything else.

In UU, there isn't really as much prejudice against the physical mutants or, more accurately, there isn't any insecurities adn angst because of prejudice for the physical mutation characters.

Since that kinda defeats the purpose of the blue, then how about just leave it. I think Archangel should probably be left alone, just to avoid rehashing an unecessary idea with a weak story, just for the sake of rehashing an idea.

mutantfreak said:
They did Archangel to make Angel a more active fighter. With natural wing made of actual feathers he is pretty helpless in the battlefield.

Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it, but it was a horrible idea.

Certain characters are not fighters be design, and shouldn't be made into fighters. Joss Whedon had it absolutely right in Astonishing when he had Scott point out that Kitty's powers are protective, not aggressive. It doesn't mean less useful - in fact, in Astonishing Kitty played a huge part in a) rescueing the hostages, b) disabling the computers at Benetech, and c) finding and rescueing Peter. Without her, Peter would never have been found, and at the very least, the hostage rescue and Benetech break-in would have gone very differently, if not horribly wrong. Characters and powers like that are needed to balance the team out.

Caduceus said:
the blue was to give him a physical mutation that forced him to adapt to living wiht something that made him abnormal but in a definitely negative way. Angel has had less grief over his unnatural apperance than say Nightcrawler so was well adjusted. THe blue just meant that he had to deal wtih something new ontop of everything else..

oooo I never thought of that even... so Apoc made him in 616 right?? and he just gave him blue skin just to be cruel about it?

I don't like the idea of Archangel, either. I would like to see more of Angel rather than his counterpart, you know? I mean, a lot of you probably agree with me when I say that they turned Beast blue too early, why do virtually the same thing to Angel so soon?

XTFLyons said:
oooo I never thought of that even... so Apoc made him in 616 right?? and he just gave him blue skin just to be cruel about it?

I don't actually remember if the blue skin was deliberate or just a side effect. The writers however may have just wanted to add something that wouldn't and didn't go away, that would serve as a constant reminder that he was even less normal and to force him to deal with and keep dealing with the issues arising from this.

Latest posts

Back