Ultimate Annuals previews (several merged threads)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
SilverBulletComics Reveals the Ultimate Annuals

Straight from Silverbulletcomicbooks.com, they reveal info on the annuals for all Ultimate books, including three covers.

We've known since Wizard World LA that Brian K. Vaughn would be writing an Ultimate annual for Marvel, and a recent item on Wizard's website gave away Tom Raney's involvement. What we didn't know, was the scope of the project. It turns out that all four of the ongoing Ultimate titles will have annuals, which are currently scheduled for August. And here's a quick peak at what's in store…

The Ultimate Spider-Man Annual is written by Brian Bendis, drawn by Mark Brooks and has a cover by Mark Bagley. The annual is rumored to introduce Peter's new girlfriend, who is someone Ultimate Spider-Man readers should be familiar with.

My guess would be Felicia Hardy, but that's just a shot in the dark…

The Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual features the first appearance of the Ultimate Inhumans, and yes, that is Crystal on the cover, as drawn by incoming Ultimate Fantastic Four artist, Greg Land. As for the annual itself, Mark Millar and Jae Lee are the creative team onboard.

The Ultimate X-Men Annual is by Brian K. Vaughan and Tom Raney with a cover by Stuart Immonen. The story follows Ultimate Rogue and Gambit as they take on Ultimate Juggernaut in Ultimate Vegas.

I can't believe I just typed that.

And finally, the Ultimates Annual is by Mark Millar and Steve Dillon, with Ultimates co-creator Bryan Hitch supplying the cover. The Ultimates Annual is said to feature Nick Fury's OTHER superteam."

And the covers:

ultimatespidermanannualcover.jpg

ultimatexmenannualcover.jpg

ultimatefantasticfourannualcover.jpg

Last edited:
First of all, DO NOT THANK ME. I was shown this by Digi, and asked me to do this. So Digi, thanks for the heads up.

Now,

ULTIMATE JUGGS IS COMING BACK! WOO-HOOOO! :rockon:

Wow man. This is awesome. I cant wait to read the annuals. As for the Spider-Mans new girlfriend. I dont think it's Felica Hardy... Liz? I dont know who else coud be Pete's new Girlfriend...."DUDE I THINK I JUST FILLED THE CUP"

René said:
Wow man. This is awesome. I cant wait to read the annuals. As for the Spider-Mans new girlfriend. I dont think it's Felica Hardy... Liz? I dont know who else coud be Pete's new Girlfriend...."DUDE I THINK I JUST FILLED THE CUP"

If it's Felicia, I wonder how they're gonna explain how she's still alive. Remember the whole Sai through the chest thing?

It could have been that Sai didnt hit any vital parts that would kill Felcia... I dont think it could be her, there's a chance it could be her but I think that it someone that we always see... Im sticking with Liz.

ultimatedjf said:
If it's Felicia, I wonder how they're gonna explain how she's still alive. Remember the whole Sai through the chest thing?

Like that ever kills anyone.

Personally, i think it's zombie-carnage-Gwen. :twisted:

Also, Crystal in UFF! :D

felicia is lucky. besides, there was no body, and bendis made a point of that being shown. no body, no death.

what i think about these:

ultimate spiderman : bagley should draw it. everything ultimate spider-man should be drawn by bagley. period. forever. the girlfriend... well, as she's shown with spider-man on a roof, i assume it's a cape, as compared to say betty brant. so i guess felicia is the best guess.

ff: coo. land rules the hizzouse

x-men: story sounds kind of fun, but i hate both gambit and rogue, so i won't pick it up. i do like how they call it ultimate vegas though. they should just ultimatize everything.

"oh my god, magneto is going to destroy ultimate paris!"

*ultimate paris hilton drunkenly stumbles in on cyborg legs*

"that's hot."

This is brilliant... I don't remember being this excited for comics since Ultimate Six! Wow, this'll be really something...

X-Men I'll definitely be getting... Who's better than Gambit? Rogue. Who's better than Rogue? Juggernaut. This'll be a great story that will hopefully explain 1.) A little bit about both Rogue and Gambit... More so for Rogue, really, since Juggernaut was once her friend and 2.) Why Gambit now has blonde hair. ;)

I don't really know too much about the Inhumans, so the Fantastic Four will probably be some interesting stuff, too. I can't wait to see who they are and what they are in the UU for... It'll definitely be interesting!

Lastly, I'm guessing that this new girlfriend of Peter's will be Firestar. In the picture, the silohuette of the character seems to be flying, which is not something Liz can do. We'll have to see when this developes a little more.

Goodwill said:
Lastly, I'm guessing that this new girlfriend of Peter's will be Firestar. In the picture, the silohuette of the character seems to be flying, which is not something Liz can do. We'll have to see when this developes a little more.
The fire in the background can be a clue (OK. maybe not a fire but where there's smoke....).

Way to much goodness here... way too much.

Ultimate X-Men - Looks cheese, sounds cheese, and is going to be AWESOME. Love Gambit, Love Juggs, let's see what's going to happen.

Ultimate Spider-Man - I'm banking on it being Black Cat. But I was also going to dabble in the cloned Gwen theory... which wouldn't make me or anyone else happy. I don't think it'll just be some new character and there's was obviously something going on between the two.

Ultimate Fantastic Four
- Ultimate Inhumans?! Already?! Cautious but definitely looking forward to seeing how they're dealt with in the Ultimate Universe.

Ultimates - Whose Fury's other team gonna be?

I'm super duper pooper excited. I can't wait. I'm getting the Ultimates and UFF ones (maybe the UXM one, just for fun).

Goodwill said:
It looks like she is falling to me.....and that "smoke"....kinda looks like Carnage "tendrils".

*Supposedly* now, this is only rumor, as someone says on millarworld.net.

I doubt it's rumor, but since these are due out this August, we'll find out this month when the August 2005 previews come out.

Now, are these are apart from the actual series? I'm guessing they are since they are being treated as such, but I wasn't sure if they were taking the place of the regularly scheduled issue for August or what... Sorry for being so stupid, but I needed to know for sure. ;)

Also, the Ultimates have an Annual, too? Sounds good... As long as Karma's there to be consistent, I'm good.

Yeah, maybe Fury's other team can be the team that Emma was gonna be the leader of, except now Fury's in charge, and of course the roster will differ, but Karma can still be there, too!

Latest posts

Back