Ultimate Annuals previews (several merged threads)

ProjectX2 said:
The Kree created Terrigen Mists that powered the Inhumans. I like the technological idea better.
Oh right. I know I heard something like that in 616 somewhere. Or Im just probably confusing it with something else. Wouldnt be a surprise if I did. :lol:

ProjectX2 said:
Ultimate Fantastic Four - Looking good. I think the Inhumans are going to be failed supersoldiers or some kind of mutates.

This by far the most likely prospect now that I think about it, but can something for once be explained by something other than supersoldier programs.

I find it interesting that Tony gets his armor for the publicity shots, but they're showing the face of the former Soviet super-soldier that they picked up...

Dillon's strength is not actually in what he draws. While he can draw anything with a reasonable modicum of skill, he's not amazing at it.

What's Dillon's strength and why he's so good, is that not only does he possess remarkable clarity - while everything draws is unassuming and a little plain, we know exactly what it's supposed to be - but in his composition. Not just the organisation of elements within panels, but panels on a page. Everything is clear, easy to see, and it's ALL their, and then he puts space in for speech bubbles. Damn fine craftsman.

Bass said:
Dillon's strength is not actually in what he draws. While he can draw anything with a reasonable modicum of skill, he's not amazing at it.

What's Dillon's strength and why he's so good, is that not only does he possess remarkable clarity - while everything draws is unassuming and a little plain, we know exactly what it's supposed to be - but in his composition. Not just the organisation of elements within panels, but panels on a page. Everything is clear, easy to see, and it's ALL their, and then he puts space in for speech bubbles. Damn fine craftsman.
I never said he wasn't. Just all his women look the same.

The Ultimates - About damn time we got some brand new characters. Geldoff was OK, but THIS should be intresting. Can't wait to read this tonight.

Ultimate Spidey - Nothing new, but I love the art. Intresting to see Spidey dealing with the military (Other than Fury). Was that General Ross!?

Ultimate X-men - WOW! Nice way to open this issue. Nice to see Kitty still has her crush on Spidey, but it doesn't seem she's dating him. Colossus and Dazzler are discussing if Bobby and her are still together. Nice to see Xavier is still his shifty Ultimate self. The preview has piqued my intrest in this.

Ultimate FF - Can't tell too much from the preview, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say the two Inhumans kiddnapping those people are Ultimate Medusa and Ultimate Karnak. WOOOOOO! This is my most anticipated issue. . .except maybe the Ultimates.

It's a good YEAR to be an Ultimate Fan!!

Ultimate X-Men: WOW! Love it!
Curious, Ultimate X-Men could easily be my second favorite title, if it had better art...

Ultimates: Horrible!
Pretty ugly art, rocketman's design is horrible, and having realized today that the Ultimates might very well be the Ultimate Avengers by the end of GTA doesn't really sit well with me either. I loved the Superheroes of the State apporach, so, how about at least a few cool replacements for SHIELD's team? Please?!

Ultimate Spidey: Well, not really much to say. I'd really love to see Pete and Kitty hook up, though. I'd just love to see that. And Bobby probably won't care, either... :)

Ultimate FF: Looks awesome, but you can't really tell much from it, right?

If you can't find a civil way to talk about someone else's opinion, DON'T post at all. There is NO need to swear and "yell" at someone because they have a different opinion than you.

By the way, is it only me, or is the dialogue on the first two-three pages some pretty clever parody on claremont?

This is me weighing in on the previews...

I love Vaughan, Bendis, Millar! They know just what we want (Especially Vaughan having the X-Men go up against the Sinister Five!) and I can't wait for more of the Fantastic Four... That looks VERY interesting! :)

Ricky said:
Ultimates: Horrible!
Pretty ugly art, rocketman's design is horrible, and having realized today that the Ultimates might very well be the Ultimate Avengers by the end of GTA doesn't really sit well with me either. I loved the Superheroes of the State apporach, so, how about at least a few cool replacements for SHIELD's team? Please?!

I gotta disagree, I'm really excited to see the outcome of Ultimates 2, and hope they become an independently-operated team. Though the writer will have to be VERY careful to pull it off as it should be, I think it could be interesting.

Ultimate Spidey: Well, not really much to say. I'd really love to see Pete and Kitty hook up, though. I'd just love to see that. And Bobby probably won't care, either... :)

Ain't gonna happen, Spidey's moving into the older women phase most young men go through. Black Cat is the new girlfriend. Well, she'll be Spider-Man's new girlfriend, but probably not Peter's (I hope not, he really doesn't need to tell ANOTHER person about his not-so-secret-identity).

Ultimate FF: Looks awesome, but you can't really tell much from it, right?

yeah I don't know what was going on there, maybe once its colored and we get some dialogue flowing it'll be easier to follow.

Latest posts

Back