Ultimate Avengers 2 discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
So here we are again. A new Ultimate Avengers movie and I start the discussion for it :wink:
This time a leave the detailed rundown of the movie to someone that is better at it than me though.

A few details of the movie:

-The movie is about 1 hour and 12 minutes.
-Black Panther can morph into a Man-Panther with enhanced strength.
-Keiser is the only known Chitauri that can change his appearance and is considered their version of the Super Soldier.
-Stark has a medical problem (his heart presumably?) and has to have a medical life support system on to live. It is on the front of his chest.
-The reason the Chitauri is on Earth is to get the Vibranium that crashed in Wakanda many years ago.
-Thor gets a vision that the Avengers will die and asks his father (Odin presumably but not named) for help but he refuses because the people has abandoned their belief in them (the Norse Gods), Thor goes to help them anyway and so does it against his fathers commands withs means he wasn't sent to Earth by Odin in the first place.
-Thor teleport himself and the team on a number of occasions.
-Stark has many version of Iron Man armors and he chooses the War Machine version in the movie because he likes the weapons it has.
-Banner is locked up in most part of the movie but brakes free in the last ten minutes and hammers away.
-Hank Pym sacrifices himself in the end and dies.
-Thor saves Stark and by doing so proves that he really is a God to the Avengers.
-Hulk roams free in the end of the movie and is now on the run.
-In the end scenes Cap and Widow has a "Cap and Wasp Ultimates 13"-moment :wink:

All in all I give the movie a 4/10.

Last edited:
... that sounds like the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Seriously. Man-Panther? Cap and Widow? What the hell are these guys thinking?

Marvel disgust me.

Last edited:
What project said. But really it's totally different from the comics and I'm not holding a candle to it. I'll buy it because it says "Ultimate" watch it while I'm eating Cap'n Crunch and pretend I'm watching it on a Saturday Morning. And expect it to be kids play.

I wonder if the Hank Pym bit foreshadows what's going to happen to him in the comic. :(

Ultimate Warrior said:
-The movie is about 1 hour and 12 minutes.
-Black Panther can morph into a Man-Panther with enhanced strength.
-Keiser is the only known Chitauri that can change his appearance and is considered their version of the Super Soldier.
-Stark has a medical problem (his heart presumably?) and has to have a medical life support system on to live. It is on the front of his chest.
-The reason the Chitauri is on Earth is to get the Vibranium that crashed in Wakanda many years ago.
-Thor gets a vision that the Avengers will die and asks his father (Odin presumably but not named) for help but he refuses because the people has abandoned their belief in them (the Norse Gods), Thor goes to help them anyway and so does it against his fathers commands withs means he wasn't sent to Earth by Odin in the first place.
-Thor teleport himself and the team on a number of occasions.
-Stark has many version of Iron Man armors and he chooses the War Machine version in the movie because he likes the weapons it has.
-Banner is locked up in most part of the movie but brakes free in the last ten minutes and hammers away.
-Hank Pym sacrifices himself in the end and dies.
-Thor saves Stark and by doing so proves that he really is a God to the Avengers.
-Hulk roams free in the end of the movie and is now on the run.
-In the end scenes Cap and Widow has a "Cap and Wasp Ultimates 13"-moment :wink:

Looks like they have Card-ed up this one as well then. I hated the first one, so I can't see me watching this...

Well thats the first problem then. Slapping on the ultimate name and then making it nothing like the source material. If that was a big screen live action movie, then there would be an outcry over the fact they ignored the source material. Batman and Robin anyone? The first one was dreadful, took Millar's work of art and just p*ssed all over it.

And yes. card-ed it up. as in Orson Scott Card card-ed up Ultimate Iron Man.

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Looks like they have Card-ed up this one as well then. I hated the first one, so I can't see me watching this...

You, my friend, have just coined another UC-induced term. Congrats.

Well thats the first problem then. Slapping on the ultimate name and then making it nothing like the source material. If that was a big screen live action movie, then there would be an outcry over the fact they ignored the source material. Batman and Robin anyone? The first one was dreadful, took Millar's work of art and just p*ssed all over it.

And yes. card-ed it up. as in Orson Scott Card card-ed up Ultimate Iron Man.

Genius!

What MWoF said........except it'll be Cocoa Krispies because well..................Cocoa Krispies are better than Capn' Crunch. 8)

Another thing that I think is completely wrong to do is what they did in the intro to the movie and showed "Based on Marvel Comics "The Ultimates" by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch" when the whole feeling of the movie is pure 616. It just takes place in the same era as the Ultimates.

I sat down and watched both of these today without the ultimates comic crossing my mind and enjoyed them. youve got to let it be stand-alone and not think about the fact that its a horrible comic adaptation.

The worst part about these ****ty movies is that they originally promised that they would be direct, exact translations of the Ultimates-violence and all-done in an animated style that actually looks like Hitch's artwork come to life.

Obviously, they delivered on none of these promises.

The Justice League should appear in one of these movies, just so they can slap the crap out of the Ultimate Avengers.

moonmaster said:
The worst part about these ****ty movies is that they originally promised that they would be direct, exact translations of the Ultimates-violence and all-done in an animated style that actually looks like Hitch's artwork come to life.
Hmm...

I don't remember reading about that. :neutral:

Ice said:
Hmm...

I don't remember reading about that. :neutral:
That's what I remember.

Don't you remember all the talk about that trailer they showed that supposedly was an exact recreation of the Hulk fight that looked just like the comic? They showed it at a con or something last year.

The last one was okay and I think this one will be the same, just okay. The problem with these DTVs is they don't know who they want to appeal to and so they create a compromise that makes no one happy. If they wanted to appeal to kids and old show 616 fans, they should have just used the 616 Avengers and had an off the wall story involving Kang or something. If they wanted to aim it at Ultimates fans and young adults, to should have based directly on the Ultimates with nothing held back, that includes Tony's alcoholism and Hank's wife beating. This compromise ultimately makes no one truly happy and makes the effort seem rather muddled, which is why it is just okay, rather than good or great.

Yeah, I enjoyed the first one since I wasn't comparing it at all to The Ultimates.

And I've said it before, I hope to rent UA2 and spend a Saturday morning enjoying it. That's all, though.

i just bought Ultimate Avengers 2. just watched it as well. awesome movie. i loved the first one as well.

Latest posts

Back