ultimate beast

I don't think that Storm is this dark person

Not a dark person, but has a dark side. And I expanded on that to say she has a bad streak in her past (she was in jail when Jean reovered her for stealing cars, I believe).

Beast's death may have changed her, but not much.

It changed her a LOT!

Could you elaborate?

Sure - she became withdrawn and moody, went kooky and gave herself an Ultimate mohawk. She was a totally different person, and it was only after confiding in Wolverine that she started to come around. Now she seems much more mature, or at least more mature than before Hank was killed.

Right, but the reason she was arrested was because she was a mutant, right? Or was she speeding and trying to take out the cops with a thunderstorm?

Goodwill said:
Or was she speeding and trying to take out the cops with a thunderstorm?

She stole cars, and that's why she was arrested.

And I believe she tried to create a thunderstorm but it got out of control and broke some of her ribs, I think. But she was mainly arrested because she stole cars.

See, right there, if that is the case, that right there is a perfect example of Millar's indecisive dialogue. Not too good, right? In the long run that detail about Storm breaking her rib is irrelevant.

See, right there, if that is the case, that right there is a perfect example of Millar's indecisive dialogue. Not too good, right? In the long run that detail about Storm breaking her rib is irrelevant.

Are you saying he shouldn't have mentioned it because it didn't mean anything in the long run? That's kind of picky; it adds a little to the story and doesn't hurt.

I'm not picking, but's what Millar is known to do... Just ramble, really, or add too much to a piece of dialogue. It wouldn't usually be said in that kinda situation, you know? This was mentioned when we disected his style of writing.

Just ramble, really, or add too much to a piece of dialogue

I've never heard that described of Millar. Bendis, many times, but never Millar.

It's always Bendis I've heard about doing it. But Millar sometimes does it. Things like her breaking one of her ribs gives us more insight instead of: she got arrested because she stole cars. There's also another one when she goes: I already declined Magneto's offer, or something like that. I think they add a little bit to the story.

yeah, the bit about the breaking ribs - I'd hardly call that "too much" or "rambling".

Irrelevant details tend to give stories greater reality. Real life is full of details completely irrelevant to what seems to be the main direction of a real story. In fact modern fiction in aiming for reality is characterized by the insertion of such details. Ancient and medieval writers did not do this in their fiction and this is one way historians can tell if an account is fictional or based in reality. If an ancient account has irrelevant details it's probably real.

I dont think it was irrelevant at all. It showed how she really didnt know how to control her powers and that there were consequences to that. She uses them and got hurt because she doesnt know what she is doing. She doesnt do it now because she has trained how to use her powers.

This is turning into an Ultimate Storm talk. Maybe we should change it so it's Beast and Storm?

Well, bringing this back on topic...

If Beast was meant to die (by writers and others choice), couldn't they have waited for sometime waaaaay deep into UXM? Like say issue (80 or something? I mean, it was just to early for an X-Men to die.

Also, could this have happened so another character can join the team, trying to keep the team count down?

I think it was overdue personaly. The number of dangerous missions they've gone on, not to mention just plain stupid things like sitting on the wings of the Blackbird while it's moving, they should probably be down 3 or 4 people by now.

They probably did want to keep the team count down though.

Yeah, and remember how Beast almost died like 2 or 3 times in other arcs? Guess this time was one just too many for Beast.

Baxter said:
I think it was overdue personaly. The number of dangerous missions they've gone on, not to mention just plain stupid things like sitting on the wings of the Blackbird while it's moving, they should probably be down 3 or 4 people by now.

They probably did want to keep the team count down though.

:lol: FUNNIEST POST EVER! I loved how you just mentioned Beast doing random stupid things... Especially that bit about him sitting down on the wing of a jet, GREAT!

I really think that it's cool that he died, it's something different and "ultimate". The 616 Beast is still alive, the Ultimate one isn't. Good.

Latest posts

Back