ultimate beast

duhyeager

so..is ultimate beast dead for good? or is he going to end up in the ultimates. ultimate beast was pretty cool. that was really unexpected but cool.

I certainly hope he's dead for good. Bringing back a character like Beast after the series first real, high profile death would greatly diminish the credability of the Ultimate Line in my eyes. It was a turning point in the series, one that shouldn't be undone, like they've done too many times in the past in other books.

Course I wasn't too thrilled with them burying him in the back yard like the family dog. :?

I could see them burying other team member right around Beast, if the body count ever gets that high. They could end up turning it into cemetary.

I hope that they don't undo it but I heard rumors and there was that scene between Xavier and Fury in ROTK part 7 that hinted at him coming to Ultimates. Plus, we never knew who actually met Hank in the cafe but we assumed it was Emma Frost. Maybe it was Fury

I certainly hope he's dead for good. Bringing back a character like Beast after the series first real, high profile death would greatly diminish the credability of the Ultimate Line in my eyes.

Completely, 100% agreed.

Im just so sad because he's gone. When Jean said he was dead, I was completely 100% shocked :shock: . No lie! I couldnt just believe it. I will certainly miss him as a character. :cry:

I thought that Beast's death was completely unnecessary, though, when I think about it it did serve a purpose. Bendis gave light to the fact that these individuals are growing because of their time at the Xavier Institute and loss is a very real thing to do with. In that respect, I was glad that Bendis decided to off Beast, but there was a lot of things left open ended with him which is why I have mixed feelings after all is said and done.

Well, if they bring Beast back, they certainly have pissed me off.

icemastertron said:
BUT WHY BEAST!!!! :cry:

Because his death effects one character in a great way - Storm

She now has this dark side that she has developed and that added a lot of depth to the character.

What about Iceman? It should have affected him more than they showed. I mean, when Iceman was hurt, Beast kept to himself for a while.

She now has this dark side that she has developed and that added a lot of depth to the character.

You know, that's a great point because it brings her back to her roots when this series started - basically as a street-wise punk kid. That was kind of lost in the mix and Beast's death brought the rough side of her back out. Great observation. :D

icemastertron said:

What about Iceman? It should have affected him more than they showed. I mean, when Iceman was hurt, Beast kept to himself for a while.

True but did Iceman know that? Iceman has been in the comic since the begining but he was also injured for a long time, i dont know if they really bonded in the way that the 616 version may be bonded togeter.

IMHO

Plus it was a different, intimate bond between Storm and Beast.

icemastertron said:
True but did Iceman know that?

What do you mean by this?

Well you said that beast was upset when iceman got hurt which implies that he felt close to him as a friend. But iceman was in the hospital and at home. Just because beast felt that way doesnt mean iceman did or that he knew that beast did (since iceman wasnt around to see beast upset)

get what i mean?

get what i mean?

Yeah, I get what you mean. But what does that have to do with Iceman showing how he feels about the death. I know that they have shown something, but how would you feel if your friend that you knew for a long while died?

But really, does it matter if he knows or not to show how he feels about his friend's death?

I don't think that Storm is this dark person, at least, not any more thanks to the likes of Wolverine and Nightcrawler. That's not to say that she isn't in a whole lot of hurt right now, but I'm saying that she is not the violent person one may have expected after seeing her new look. Emotionally, she's torn, but you can tell she's still docile and on the recovery trail.

Latest posts

Back