Ultimate Black Cat

Perhaps she's just a highly trained cat-burglar?
Just like elektra seemed to be a ahighly trained assassin.

yeah but where does she get her bad luck powers from? We cant rule out the possiblity that she is anything (mutant, mystical powers, etc)

She went to the King Pin to get her bad luck powers. But Kingpin made it (not him exactly) so that her bad luck powers would affect Spider-Man really. But then Spider-Man had Dr. Strange take the powers away. So if she has them now, dont know how she got them. But she isnt a mutant.

Ricky said:
Perhaps she's just a highly trained cat-burglar?
Just like elektra seemed to be a ahighly trained assassin.
Right. And Wilson Fisk is the president and a member of Weight Watchers.

I'm pretty sure that her powers were messed around with in the 616 universe. Writers would write her without probability altering and writers would have her be telepathic. Nonesense, really, but we're gonna have to deal with no explanation until Bendis has her come around again.

Actually, I thought that there was a rumor going around that Bendis was actually going to bring her back soon with an appearance by the Black Widow in that same arc... Maybe we can expect her in the Kingpin/ Hammerhead arc? That would be interesting.

Hammerhead could be a good guy...

Yeah, but last time we saw him, he had a smoking hole in his head, so you never know... :wink:

You are both right...

However, he would be a good guy in the respect that Kingpin is the bad guy and he worked against him and actually "helped" Spider-Man one way or another.

Maybe Hammerhead is going to join Kingpin's New Enforcers undercover with Black Widow and together they will secretly take down the Kingpin (with a little help from Spidey). After Kingpin goes to jail, Hammerhead declares that he's the new Kingpin now, Spidey fights him and after a short battle New York is left Kingpinless and Hammerhead is a cell-mate with the Kingpin.

I dont see Bendis using Hammerhead. I mean when was the last time we saw Hammerhead. UXM 14. Is he even alive now? I know that Black Cat is coming back. So is Venom. I read it somewhere. BUt... you know... I do wanna see Hammerhead in USM. That would be cool

Since Hammerhead is traditionally a Spider-Man villain, it would make sense for him to appear at least once. I just made that up because they were talking about it above. Was anyone else disappointed in the Venom arc? I thought it was a bit drawn out. I do wonder what happened to Black Cat though...

I think that Venom was better than Carnage. But I expected better. I think thats when I started to kinda dislike Bendis. during the Venom story arc. We'll see how things go

I haven't read the Carnage arc yet. I will be getting Hollywood next month hopefully.

I thought the Venom arc was great. I don't know why anyone feels it was forced. It's not as if all of a sudden Venom appeared. It was a good paced-out story and introduced him in a way that fit with the direction of the title.
And Bendis himself confirmed that Hammerhead would be appearing in USM #78 - 82 (I think) and would be up against The Kingpin.
As for The Black Cat, the end of that arc was very similar to the end of her first (and second, I think) appearances in 616 way back. Her attraction to Spidey, not knowing he is only 16 under his mask, should make for some interseting dynamic between the two when she next appears.

Latest posts

Back