Ultimate Central: The Fanfic - Volume Twelve

New York City

In the Marriott hotel, on the top floor over looking Times Square, a small diverse group of individuals are gathered. Staying in the best room available, these four plan their next move.

Planet-Man: I still do not understand why we are in Manhattan

Staring out the window at the dark sky lit up by city lights, Gothamite responds.

Gothamite: Have you read the information on "The Project"? The Empire knows almost nothing about their location.

Gothamite picks up a folder containing documents.

Gothamite: "Due to their use of teleportation technology/powers, location of their headquarters are nearly impossible to determine. Most likely a well guard facility, with access to advance technologies." From that I made a list of likely areas, but most are out of the way. Manhattan seems like a good choice due to the amount of skyscrapers and civilian activities; it would seem like the best place to hide from the Empire. Besides, in this city people do not even notice the fact that you are blue, he's wearing a pink Helmet, and he's a robot.

Bass, formerly known as Bass Lak Tus, was on the phone with room service, while Ultxon was taking advantage of the hotel's free wireless, and with some British comedy playing on the television.

Bass: Do you not comprehend peon? Your cosmic lord demands delicious snack food!

Hotel Service: And again sir, we are a five star hotel we have the finest food. We're not a vending machine. We don't serve snickers, Doritos, or gobstoppers. However may I recommend the veal?

Bass: Hmmm, does this veal contain corn syrup?

Hotel Service: … No?

Bass: Inconceivable!

Bass angrily slams the phone.

Bass: Insolence. You! Mortal! Bring you superior tasty treats befitting a god!

Ultxon: For the last time I don't answer to you, now leave me alone. I'm trying to catch up on everything that happened during my coma. Watch TV or something.

Bass turns his attentions to the picture box. He finds it a pour substitute to his hunger.

TV Character: And I say to you sir, Bullock and rubbish!

(canned laughter)

Bass: Hmm, rubbish? This word pleases me…

Emerging from the Ashes of the Emperor's victory over the Avatars, heroes came together, bonding through various hardships. Now, they are faced with the challenge of overthrowing an empire

UCa3.jpg

~ THE COMIC BOARD PRESENTS ~
ULTIMATE CENTRAL
THE FANFIC

World's Lamest

Volume 12, Annual Issue 3, By Random
Cover By Random

The Marriott Hotel

Planet-man: By the way Ultxon thanks for getting us such nice digs. I was afraid when starting this venture with almost no money that we would be roughing it.

Ultxon: Well when you are basically a giant computer, hacking a hotel booking database it quite easy.

Gothamite: Finally the sun is down.

He reaches for his equipment a starts suiting up.

Gothamite: The dark city and bright lights should allow us better cover from any potential surveillance the Empire may have here. It should also allow us to maybe do some good in this city. I'll meet you on the roof Planet-man.

Gothamite fired a grappling gun out the window and smoothly flies upwards.

Planet-man: Stay here Ultxon and keep on eye on the great devourer over there and make sure he doesn't cause any trouble.

Bass: Rubbish.

Ultxon: Will do.

The Marriott Roof

Gothamite: Alright, I'll take below 14th street, since the area has more of my terrain. Since you can cover more ground take everything above 14th street. Stay low and if you get in any trouble, Central Park should provide enough natural elements for you to manipulate. Try to stay out of sight.

Planet-man: Alright.

Planet-man takes off as Gothamite fires his grappling gun and swings down towards lower buildings. His cape provides some gliding to smooth his landing on the roof. He doesn't miss a beat and keeps moving, jumping from one building to the next. But across Times Square a group wearing tactical gear watches them. The leader speaks into his radio.

Agent: Sir, they're on the move and they've split up.

Voice: Perfect, proceed as planned.

Agent: Yes sit. Let's mount up!

Chinatown, NYC

In a dark ally one man viciously beats another.

Mugger: Where's the money old man!

Old Man: Please I don't have anything!

Mugger: Wrong answer gramps. Do you know who I am? I'm Triad, I don't **** around. Now where's my money!

Old Man: P-Please, I-I have nothing.

Mugger: sigh, that's too bad old man.

The mugger cocks his gun and holds it to the whimpering man's head. Just as he pulls the trigger, a small metal boomerang hits the Muggers hand diverting the shot away saving the Old Man and breaking the fingers of the Mugger's hand. Within a second a black figure drops in and with a few elbows and fist the Mugger ends up and bloody beaten mess on the floor.

Gothamite: You okay pal?

Old Man: Y-yes.

Gothamite: Get out of here, go home.

Old Man: T-T-Thank you.

The terrified man runs down the alley. Gothamite picks up the gun, quick disassembles it and throws it into a dumpster. But just as it goes in…

ROARRRRRRRR!!!!

A shocked Gothamite whips around. He leaps his way to the top of an apartment complex. He sees terrified homeless men running and screaming.

Homeless Guy: Monster!!!!

Gothamite: Monster?

The dark vigilante makes his way to the alley of the disturbance. He cautiously makes his way. Hearing the deep breathing Gothamite slowly turns a corner and

BAM!

The hero to knock into a brick wall, his ribs ached and his head was woozy. Just as his vision stopped blurring he sees a giant blue gorilla about to pound him with both fists. Gothamite dodged the blow. The gorilla stepped on his cloak but luckily its design to detach to avoid unpleasant situations like this.

When he turned around there was no gorilla, but a charging bull instead. The bull's horn cut a gash across Gothamite's chest. Feeling weary he sees not a bull but now a rhino. But before the creature can charge several cans fall on the ground releasing gas.

Gothamite looks up to see several people descend on ropes. When he looks down this… this "Blue Beast" was now a snake creeping into the gutter. The agents begin their attack; Gothamite took out two before a tazer hooked itself into his skin. He threw his boomerang knocking one out then grabbing another letting the electrical current pass through onto the agent. But two more tazers shot out and Gothamite was over whelmed. Before blacking out he activates a distress signal on his belt and hears.

Agent: We got the target sir.

West 125th Street and Amsterdam Ave

A whole gang is tied up to a pole after an attempted car jacking. Planet-man is just about to take off when his cell phone rings.

Planet-man: Ahoy?

Ultxon: Planet-man, I received a distress signal from Gothamite. It's on the corner of Hester and Eldrindge Street.

Planet-man: On my way.

A few minutes later Planet-man arrives in the alley. He sees there was a fight here, but all he found was Gothamite's cloak and tracker.

Worried Planet-man flies back to the Hotel.

Somewhere in the City

Gothamite begins to come around. His eyes open to see he's in some high priced office. His mask is still on and he hears a voice.

Voice: Okay Berni this looks good. Bring me the 401 documents, get research and development ready for the experiments, and have this week's proposals ready for the board meeting this mourning.

Berni: Yes sir, and our guess appears to be awake.

Voice: Yes I see. I'll take care of it.

The assistant walks out of the office as the voice's owner enters Gothamite's view of vision. A bald man in what must be a 1000 dollar suit.

Voice: Glad to see you are awake.

Gothamite: Who the hell are you bastards!

Voice: Now, now, no need to be so rude. We did patch up that awful gash on your chest. But I suppose introductions are expected. My name is Ova, Ova Luere.

Gothamite: O-Ova Luere? Of Overlord International?

The Overlord: You are a bright one, though admittedly the name is a big hint. The Overlord is a pretty self absorbed nickname, but during my life I've learn to accept it as part of my nature.

Gothamite: What do you want with me?

The Overlord: You, nothing, but I do want your centralite friend.

Gothamite: Well you'll get your chance, because he'll come here and will take you out.

The Overlord: Good, I'm counting on it.

The Hotel Room

Planet-man arrives in the room. Ultxon stands with his head in the air and Bass is cramming snack into his mouth.

Planet-Man: He wasn't there, all I found was his cloak and a transmitter, but no other clues.

Ultxon: I'm scanning all police channels and reports.

Ultxon: There are reports of a blue monster, but nothing substantial.

Planet-man: Well what can we do?

Ultxon: For now, wait until we get something to go on.

Planet-man: Will you stop saying that!

Bass: How dare you. When my superior voice utters such a perfect word you should bow and beg thanks for your existence to witness such perfection.

Planet-Man: I'm not in the mood!

Ultxon: Wait a minute, I am getting a message.

Planet-man: From who?

Ultxon: I do not know I cannot trace it. It says "If you want your friend, come to the Empire State Building, 98th floor." Okay so this definitely a trap-

As Ultxon looks over he sees Planet-man had already left.

Bass: Rub-

Ultxon: Don't!

Bass: …bullocks.

Empire State Building

Planet-man flies, making his way to the 98th floor. Floating outside the window he sees Gothamite tied up and The Overload standing at the window staring at him with a smirk. Planet-man lunges at the window only to be met by a force field which hurls him back.

Planet-man gathers him self and hovers back to the window. The Overlord just smiles and gives a cocky wave. Angered, Planet-man flies into the window on floor below.

The Overlord: Your friend is so predictable.

On the 97th floor, Planet-man sees a big research room with a large plot of dry dirt and tanks of water. Several agents arm with assault rifles burst into the room open fire at him, with scientist ducking for cover. Planet-man creates a wall of dirt to block the bullets. He then push a wave a mud to knock them all off balance. Pulling the water out of the tanks the blue hero Hurls the water at the men he turns it to ice to freeze them to the walls.

With the agents taken out Planet-man shoots a fire ball through the ceiling entering The Overlord's office. Planet-man's hands were engulfed in flames as he marches towards The Overlord ready to set the place ablaze.

The Overlord: I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Planet-man: Why not?

The Overlord: Well first you were just caught on tape braking into a private research lab dedicated to helping food grow in barren soil. Any two bit lawyer can argue that you broke in with malicious intent, the people fear of you ultimate centralites can back that up. Second as a rogue centralite you do not want the Emperor's attention. And finally you just flew into the Empire State Build demolishing an entire floor. If you didn't want attention than I think you have very little time before everybody from the New York police to the Emperor's goons here.

Planet-man: I'm not leaving without Gothamite!

The Overlord: Of course, you're both free to go.

The executive clicks a remote and Gothamite's shackles are unlocked.

Planet-man: What was all this about?

The Overlord: Well you see I like to have my company in a number of industries. I always can't seem to be happy with just one project. Lately I've been dabbing in real estate. I figure if you could turn a barren desert fertile to grow food, than you could make a killing the market.

With another click of the remote a screen turns on showing a scientist from the lab on the floor below.

The Overlord: How are the new samples?

Scientist: Initial readings prove to be extremely promising, but we still have a lot of data to analyze.

The Overlord: See after… whatever that incident in Chicago was, we found that the soil was 50% more fertile. So I figure the reported sightings of a blue man manipulating the elements had something to do with that. So I arranged all this to get my researchers fresh samples for the project. Thank you for that.

Planet-man: All this was a real estate scam?

The Overlord: Oh no, not only will the value of the land sky rocket but we'll also be able to help millions of families around the world easily produce food. Isn't that what you people want? Or did you expect me to be some kind of comic book villain who's pure evil or has some kind of morally ambiguous background… I don't know, which do you find more compelling?

Planet-man: What the hell are you talking about

The Overlord: Right, off topic, don't answer that now; I'm sure the authorities are on their way. Might I suggest taking the stairs this time?

Gothamite: This isn't over.

The Overlord: Of course it isn't.

As Planet-man and Gothamite leave the office, The Overlord turns back to the scientist.

The Overlord: What about the energy scans, did you get anything?

Scientist: We did get some data on his powers.

The Overlord: Great, I want five different teams working on that now. I want results.

The Overlord turns off the screen and walked towards the window with a somber look. His assistant, Berni, walks into the office.

The Overlord: I had it Berni, I had all the power I would ever need. E Day, the day the moon crumbled. The day the world got super powers. Then it was taken away. I want that power back, no matter the cost.

Berni: We're working on it, sir.

The Overlord: I know.

The Overlord chuckles to himself.

The Overlord: Real estate… honestly…

Yay for non-Empire Villains! They are the bestest villains.

Great story... Bass was perfect, and this team seems to be coming together really well, which is good. I hope they have a few more adventures off on their own in search of The Project.

And don't forget that at the end of the McCheese's issues, there will be a one shot featuring Dan Canread and his friend Shaggymarco as they try to survive a night in the Big apple.

With Petey.

Whoever that is.

The Mean Streets Massachusetts

It's a beautiful day and Ultimate Houde proudly stands in front of his new home. He looks at it with a smile as two figures approach from behind him.

Victor Von Doom: Nice place.
McCheese: Yeah.
Houde: Thanks.
McCheese: Where do I sleep?
Houde: Joliet.

VVD laughs and McCheese mumbles something about Adrianne Curry as Skotti-Chan unloads a box from the moving truck.

Skotti-Chan: You guys going to lend a hand or are you just here to gawk?
McCheese: Can't.
VVD: Have to finish training McCheese.
Houde: Bull****. You can train any…

Houde, who had still been staring at his house, turns around to see Doom and Cheese running down the street laughing.

Houde: I need some new friends.
Skotti-Chan: Mm-hmm.

Emerging from the Ashes of the Emperor's victory over the Avatars, heroes came together, bonding through various hardships. Now, they are faced with the challenge of overthrowing an empire
UC77.jpg

ULTIMATE CENTRAL
THE FANFIC

Opposites React
Volume 12, Issue 77, By McCheese
Cover By Random

The Project:
McCheese: Sound wave manipulator and Antidisestablishmentarianist.
Skotti-Chan: Think Blink.
Ultimate Houde: Swordsman and Homeowner.
Victor Von Doom: Unbreakable badass.

The Mean Boardroom of 616 Central

The Emperor, Ice, Dr. Doomsday, and several other important 616ers sit and listen to Professor Houdenmeyer finish his presentation on the progress of the Research Department.

Houdenmeyer: And finally, my own personal pet project. We lost a major resource when The Project wrecked our prison facility. The infiltration was led by one Victor Von Doom. In response to this new threat I've made some modifications to his 616 counterpart. Reed Richards was a powerless man, but with SCIENCE and a healthy dose of Mr. Doom's DNA I was able to not only duplicate his indestructibility but improve upon it.
Ice: Where did you get a sample of his DNA?
Houdenmeyer: He leaves his genetic material all over the place.
Ice: Sorry I asked.
The Emperor: I didn't need to know that!

There's an awkward silence.

Houdenmeyer: Anyway, allow me to introduce my latest creation. I call him Salvation.

Doom's double enters the room.

The Emperor: What does he do?

Houdenmeyer grabs a stick he's prepared for this demonstration and whacks Salvation in the head. His head breaks apart into many tiny sand granules that fall to the floor. The sand shifts, returns, and he reabsorbs them to reform his head.

Houdenmeyer: I broke him down into millions of tiny pieces and used Doom's DNA to make each one indestructible. He's an indestructible sand man.
Emperor: Really, a sandman? That's original.
Houdenmeyer: Your sarcasm does not go unnoticed, but I believe he's skilled enough to be placed in the Royal Court.
Ice: The assassins?
Houdenmeyer: Yes, I think he could be very useful in that capacity. We've traced massive sound wave emanations to Massachusetts and preliminary intelligence confirms that Doom is training the Project member McCheese there. Perhaps the Court could be dispatched to kill Doom and his new protégé. Analyzing the data from that fight would be very beneficial for my research.
Emperor: Whatever! Do what you want, I must return to defending Detroit sports teams on the internet. Meeting adjourned.

Houdenmeyer smiles and exits through the side entrance with Salvation in tow. Emperor leaves through the back exit and Dr. Doomsday moves to follow him, but Ice stops him.

Ice: You and I need to talk.
Doomsday: Sure. What about?
Ice: Not here. I'll find you later.

Ice exits leaving a very puzzled Dr. Doomsday watching him go.

The Mean Private Quarters of 616 Central

Professor Houdenmeyer opens the door to a private room and finds a shadowy figure sitting alone on the floor in deep meditation.

Houdenmeyer: You are the King, are you not?

The figure nods.

Houdenmeyer: I have a mission for you.

The dark figure stands, grabs a sword leaning against the wall, and steps into the light of the hallway revealing himself to Houdenmeyer and Salvation. He looks exactly like Burger King's The King, complete with the inhuman smile.

The Mean Woods Near Houde's House

McCheese charges VVD, but gets his own momentum used against him when VVD tosses him to the ground. McCheese curses as he gets back on his feet.

McCheese: This sucks.
VVD: How many times have I told you not charge me like that?
McCheese: Why are we still training? Everyone else is done already.
VVD: Everyone else has powers that are useful in a fight. Yours suck. Sure you can do weird little sound and frequency things, but in combat by the time you try to say that ridiculous word I can close the gap between us and punch you in the throat.

McCheese holds a hand to his throat.

McCheese: You promised you wouldn't do that anymore.
VVD: That's why we're focusing on hand to hand combat.

McCheese attacks again, but stops just short of Doom and tries to sweep out his legs with a low kick. Doom easily jumps it, knocks him to the ground, and sits on him.

McCheese: DAMMIT!
VVD: See how easy that was? Instead of complaining you should be practicing more often. It's not like that silly ass power of yours is going to help you when you get yourself into a situation like this.
McCheese: We'll see about that. Antidisestablishmentarianism!

McCheese's booming voice hits the ground beneath them and sends them both flying through the sky. They crash land separately. Doom gets to his feet and dusts himself off, completely unhurt. McCheese struggles to his feet and is bruised and cut.

VVD: What are you, retarded?
McCheese: What? It worked.
VVD: You're more hurt than you were before that little stunt, you're opponent is completely unharmed, and you tore a hole in my pants. WHICH. PISSES. ME. OFF. Not a good thing. If you don't learn how to fight with your head and control your temper you're never going to graduate from boot camp.

McCheese sighs and falls on his ass. Doom walks over to him.

VVD: Let's call it a day.
McCheese: Yeah, sure.

Doom extends a hand and helps Cheese to his feet. They turn around and find themselves face to face with Salvation and The King.

McCheese: Who the…
Salvation: Greetings, gentlemen. We're here to kill you. Do you need a moment to prepare yourselves?
McCheese: Who's the smiling freak?
VVD: Clearly they're our 616 doubles. Just look at that handsome friend of his.
McCheese: He's me? He's not me!

The King points at Doom and Salvation obediently turns into a wave of sand and crashes into Doom, carrying him away. McCheese watches them go before turning back towards The King.

McCheese: I don't see it. There's no way that you're me. What's your name?

The King draws his sword.

McCheese: What're you, deaf? TELL ME YOUR NAME, JACKASS!

The King's sword glows and a bright flash blinds McCheese. Suddenly McCheese finds himself surrounded by a dozen identical Kings.

McCheese: Aw, man…

Elsewhere in the Woods

Doom and Salvation land ineffective blows on one another. Doom's fist goes right through Salvation and Salvation's blows break apart on Doom's invincible body. Doom kicks his double in the crotch and nothing happens.

Doom: Really? Nothing?
Salvation: Sadly, no.

Salvation's hand grows and grabs Doom by the throat. He lifts Doom off the ground and throws him through a nearby tree.

The Ultimate Battle of Ultimate Cheesiness

McCheese punches one of the Kings, but his fist goes right through it. He turns towards another one and takes a deep breath.

McCheese: ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM!!!

The blast flies right through two of the incorporeal Kings and destroys a good chunk of the woods.

McCheese: What the hell is going on?

The Kings gather around him and they all prepare to strike. McCheese tries to dodge as many of them as possible, but a very corporeal blade lodges itself in his shoulder. He curses as the real King withdraws his sword and blood shoots from his fresh wound. McCheese looks at the King that wounded him and takes a deep breath.

McCheese: ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM!!!

Once again the blast flies harmlessly though the king in front of him. Meanwhile the real King slashes him across the back.

McCheese: AAARRRGH you ****ing kidding me?!

The Double Doom Smackdown

Doom picks up a tree trunk and smashes it into Salvation who reforms immediately around Doom's ankles and tosses Doom into a boulder. He charges in and Doom punches him in the chest. Salvation chuckles and smacks him through another tree.

Salvation: I can't believe someone like you could give the Professor such problems. How did a weakling like you anger him so?
VVD: I'm resourceful.

Doom shows him a grenade pin on his finger.

Salvation: Dammit!

Salvation looks at his chest just as it explodes and sends pieces of him in all directions. Doom stands up and dusts himself off.

VVD: Can't believe alternate me was such a chump.

He begins to leave, but stops when he spots sand moving on the ground. He watches as Salvation reforms behind him.

Salvation: Resourcefulness is no match for true power.
VVD: We'll see.
Salvation: You and your little friend are doomed.
VVD: Heh, 'Doomed'. I see what you did there.
Salvation: Cause your name is Doom.
VVD: Yeah, I didn't need you to explain it. Anyway, you're probably right about McCheese. He's pretty useless in a fight. What can his double do?
Salvation: He has the same natural attunement to light waves that McCheese has with sound waves. But his control is much more advanced than McCheese's. Long ago he advanced beyond the need for a trigger word and hasn't spoken since.
VVD: Yeah, Cheese sounds fairly boned.

The Battle for Fast Food Dominance

McCheese is on bended knee bleeding heavily from several stab and slash wounds across his body. He coughs and looks up at his opposite number standing over him with that creepy smile. He takes another deep breath.

McCheese: Antidisestablishmentarianism…

A much weaker blast than before flies through the fake King as the real one moves to his right side and prepares to chop off his head. As his final blow comes down McCheese is saved by a pair of swords. Cheese looks up to see that Houde has saved him.

Houde: I can't leave you two alone for ten minutes.

Last edited:
Bloody Woodland Clearing

McCheese is on his knees bleeding profusely. Houde blocks another attack from the King with one sword and counters with his second sword cutting the King across the chest. The King never loses his smile.

Houde: So, who is this guy?
McCheese: I knew he didn't look like me!
Houde: I'm kidding. He's clearly your 616 double.
McCheese: Come on!
Houde: Dude, he looks just like you.

McCheese points at his double and screams.

McCheese: I do not look like that mute FREAK!

Somehow the word freak activates his powers and a large blast sends the King flying through the woods.

Houde: What happened to your trigger word?
McCheese: Don't know.
Houde: That was weird.

UC78.jpg

ULTIMATE CENTRAL
THE FANFIC

Housewarming

Volume 12, Issue 77, By McCheese
Cover By Random

The Project:
McCheese: Sound wave manipulator and Antidisestablishmentarianist.
Skotti-Chan: Think Blink.
Ultimate Houde: Swordsman and Homeowner.
Victor Von Doom: Unbreakable badass.

Doom v Doom

Doom's lower half is stuck inside of Salvation. The rest of him his quickly enveloped and Doom tries to struggle free while holding his breath. Suddenly, the King crashes into the two of them. Doom is freed and Salvation reforms next to the King.

Salvation: Are you alright?

The King, who is still smiling, stands and motions for Salvation to follow him. They depart just in time to avoid the arrival of McCheese and Houde. Doom sits up and coughs out some sand.

Houde: You alright.
VVD: Of course.
McCheese: Good, cause I've seen better days.

He sits on a downed tree and tries to stop the bleeding. He looks over to Houde.

McCheese: So did the Project get wind of the fight and send you to help?
Houde: No, I just came out here to get Doom so we could go out for drinks.
McCheese: You mean you came out here to get both of us for drinks, right?
Houde: No.
VVD: Ha!
Houde: I'll call Skotti for a ride.
McCheese: I hate you both.

616 Central – Dr. Doomsday's Quarters

Ice knocks on the door and Dr. Doomsday invites him in.

Dr. Doomsday: May I ask what's so important that it required this clandestine meeting?
Ice: It's Houdenmeyer. I don't like him, I don't trust him, and his influence is growing too quickly. His research is responsible for too many of our agents. Now he has an agent with the assassination squad. If he gains control of them too he'd be in position to make a power play.
Dr. Doomsday: You think he has the guts?
Ice: Maybe, maybe not. I don't want to approach the Emperor with this since it's just my gut feeling, but I know you have some pull within the court yourself. I thought you might keep an eye on the situation for me.
Dr. Doomsday: Of course. I'd be happy to help.
Ice: Good. That's all I needed.

Ice leaves and Skott-Kun appears behind the Doctor.

Skott-Kun: Well, what do you think?
Dr. Doomsday: I think he's lying; purposefully widening the division between me and Houdenmeyer.
Skott-Kun: To what end?
Dr. Doomsday: He must have noticed that I've been a little suspicious of him lately. I don't know what his end game is, but I'd guess he's trying to make sure Houdenmeyer and I are too busy watching each other to notice his moves. We'll have to keep a closer eye on him.

Skott-Kun's watch buzzes.

Skott-Kun: I've got a mission. You'll have to keep an eye on him without me for the time being.

He blinks away.

616 Central – Professor Houdenmeyer's Lab

Skott-Kun blinks into the lab next to a man carrying an abundance of swords.

Sword Man: You're late.
Skott-Kun: Cool your jets Agamuchi.
Sword Man: It's J. Agamemnon! How hard is it to remember?!
Skott-Kun: Very hard it would seem.

Houdenmeyer enters flanked by the King and Salvation.

Houdenmeyer: Quit bickering like children.
J. Agamemnon: You're one to talk. I've seen how you interact with the other section chiefs.
Houdenmeyer: I'm a superior officer. You will address me with the proper respect.
J. Agamemnon: I'm a guy with floating killer swords.

One of the swords floats next to Houdenmeyer's eye.

J. Agamemnon: I talk to people however the hell I want.
Skott-Kun: Down boy, I doubt we're here to kill Houdenmeyer.

Suddenly, J. Agamemnon feels a blade pressed against his throat. His eyes dart over to the King standing next to Salvation. The figure slowly evaporates and the real King reveals himself standing right next to J. with his sword uncomfortably close to cutting his underling.

Houdenmeyer: If we're done with the posturing you have a mission.

J's sword returns to him and in response the King puts his blade away. He pats J on the back, his smile gleams, and he motions for Salvation to brief the team.

Salvation: During our last encounter with the Project member McCheese he proved to be close to advancing beyond his power's trigger word.
J. Agamemnon: Why exactly is that important?
Houdenmeyer: It's not. It's a stupid superstition…
Skott-Kun: He's one third of the Trinity.
Houdenmeyer: The faith people place in these ridiculous superstitions...
Salvation: Calm yourself, Houdenmeyer. We're going to put an end to this particular superstition right now. Our new mission is to kill Victor Von Doom, McCheese, and Ultimate Houde and bring their corpses back here to be experimented on.
J. Agamemnon: Sounds fun.

Skott-Kun opens a portal and they all step through.

Inside Houde's Nice New House

The house is still bare and none of the boxes have been unpacked. McCheese sits on a large box while Skotti bandages up his wounds. Houde leans against the wall next to them.

McCheese: Ow! Be careful.
Skotti: I don't understand why you don't just go to the hospital.
McCheese: Pfft. What am I, made of money?
Skotti: No insurance?

McCheese looks straight at the reader.

McCheese: No, like millions of Americans I can't afford insurance. This excludes me from receiving the medical care that I need. If you want to help fix our health care system then write to your local congressman and tell him how you feel.

McCheese returns to the conversation at hand.

McCheese: Ow, watch it there.
Skotti: Quit your whining, ya big baby.

She slaps the last bandage onto his back. McCheese yelps in pain and sends a sonic boom through the roof of Houde's house. Shingles fall through this new addition to the house and the three of them cover their heads.

Houde: Damn it! Would you two quit screwing around! I didn't buy a house with a damn skylight!
McCheese & Skotti: Sorry.

Houde sighs and pulls out a laptop.

Houde: Alright, I'm going to check a few things online and then I'll shoot an e-mail over to the Project. Maybe they can run some tests and figure out what's happening with your powers.

He types away on his computer, Skotti packs up the bandages to put them away, and McCheese lights up a cigarette.

Houde: Don't smoke in my house.
McCheese: There's a hole in the roof. I'm not really 'inside' your house, am I?

Houde gives him a dirty look.

McCheese: Alright, alright.

He puts the cigarette out on the bottom of his shoe and Houde returns to his computer screen.

Houde: Heh, Twilight called you an idiot on her blog.
McCheese: What!?

McCheese inadvertently puts another hole in Houde's wall with this exclamation. Through the hole he can see Doom sitting on the couch, drinking a beer, and watching TV.

Houde: Are you kidding me!?
VVD: What's going on?
Houde: He keeps wrecking my house!
McCheese: I said I was sorry.
Houde: You're not destroying my property when you're sorry; you're destroying my property when you're angry, you stupid bastard.
McCheese: You think it's tied to my emotions?
Houde: Who cares!? Stop breaking my house!
McCheese: Stop yelling.
Houde: I'll yell in what's left of my own damn house if I feel like it!
McCheese: Don't make me angry, your house wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
Houde: This isn't funny!
McCheese: It's kinda funny.
VVD: Gotta agree, Houde.
McCheese: Hey, what's on?

McCheese gets up, walks through the hole his scream created, and sits next to Doom on the couch. Houde bangs his head against the wall behind him in frustration.

VVD: Friday Night Lights.
McCheese: Lame. See what's on ESPN.
VVD: Hell no.
McCheese: You'd rather watch fake sports than real sports?
Houde: I really need some new friends.

The wall next to the TV blows up. Houde and Skotti rush into the room as a cloud of dust begins to settle.

Houde: CHEESE!!!
McCheese: I didn't do it this time, I swear!

The dust cloud settles and the four members of the Royal Court stand before them. Having taken the time to pose while the dust cloud was up they look very menacing.

VVD: I don't suppose this can wait until after my program.

The King shakes his head no.

VVD: Thought as much.

Doom tries to tackle his double but the sands shift and he passes straight through. Their battle takes them out into the street where a car swerves around them and crashes into a light post. Meanwhile J. Agamemnon sees Houde's swords and attacks him ferociously with his floating blades. Houde is forced backwards into the kitchen. Skotti and Skott eye each other.

Skotti: A guy?
Skott: You really are a girl.
Skotti: I suppose you and I have to fight too.
Skott: Yeah, seems that way.

He opens up a portal and she follows him through. McCheese is left alone with his creepier half.

McCheese: Just you and me now, huh? Well, this time I know how your powers work. I even have a better understanding of my powers. This time I'm taking you down!

The King tilts his head to the side. The room around them becomes a completely blank void. McCheese can't tell up from down, but the King is still standing (or floating) in front of him.

McCheese: This is new. It won't save you though.

The King suddenly disappears.

McCheese: That's cheating!

He suddenly feels a sharp pain and blood shoots from his thigh as the King's invisible blade pierces his leg.

Last edited:
McCheese looks straight at the reader.

McCheese: No, like millions of Americans I can't afford insurance. This excludes me from receiving the medical care that I need. If you want to help fix our health care system then write to your local congressman and tell him how you feel.

Brilliant.

And character profiles have been updated

Latest posts

Back