Ultimate Colossus

I don't think Juggy is as strong as Colossus. Didn't he get knocked down when Gambit dropped an entire building on him? Colossus would probably just turned into metal and shoved the debris off.

He's probably 4th strongest by now. It's still debatable whether Hulk or Namor is stronger, although my money is on Namor since they already knew how to keep Hulk in, but Namor has still managed to get free. Thing is third, and Colossus is a close four.

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
I don't think Juggy is as strong as Colossus. Didn't he get knocked down when Gambit dropped an entire building on him? Colossus would probably just turned into metal and shoved the debris off.

Does any of this matter? Instead of talking about this, send a letter to the columns in UXM asking who's stronger, more durable, etc. I lover those letters...

I would think that Hulk is the strongest.

a) Originally captured while human
b) Taken out by wasp with a sting from inside his head ... ok,but before that, he beat up thor, iron man, captain america (it's specifically mentioned that he didn't beat up captain america at first because he thought he was different from the others, so he didn't want to, but once captain america surprised him and got in a few hits, he just tossed him off like a toy).
c) single handedly taking down the main invasion ships from the alien, and fighting evenly with some people untill "naked man was stupid and went and made hulk mad" hehe.

Second, Namor or Colossus, we're lacking information. Then the thing.

About the villains in the ultimates ... just because someone say someone is as strong as hulk, don't make them so, especially since hulk have very different strength levels depending on how angry he is, and as far as we know, no one have measured (or been able to) measure Hulks strength. However, in the ultimates v1 there's a line that goes something like "oh great, you just loosed the one thing worse than an alien invasion", ie Hulk.

So while the hulk can be beaten by a combination of special preparations, intelligent attacks, or attacks from inside his head, there's really nothing to indicate that in a straight up battle of strength, anything is close to a match for a pissed off hulk.

And well, obviously, Namor have other powers than pure strength, so that's another issue entirely.

What do you think Nightcrawler and Colossus have in common? Kirkman alluded to an odd similarity between the two of them that would make or break their friendship...

Goodwill said:
What do you think Nightcrawler and Colossus have in common? Kirkman alluded to an odd similarity between the two of them that would make or break their friendship...
I know a lot of religious folks who have problems reconciling their homosexuality with the modern church's teachings about it... although I never got why Nightcrawler is Catholic. I would peg him as being Lutheran, myself, but the Lutherans haven't done anything villainous lately, so comic writers would ignore them...

But the whole gay/gay bit would be too obvious. Maybe something with their illegal immigrant status? o_O

If that happened in the same arc as when Wolverine found out Sabertooth was his son, I'd be seriously let down. That would be far too much for me...

I'd rather see them have compatible powers, something like the Summers brothers immunity to eachothers powers, but cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodwill said:

If Nightcrawler=Alan Cumming

and

Alan Cumming=gay,

then Nightcrawler=gay.

It's that simple.

I would think that the thing they have in common is being single guys unable to find anyone to be with because they are unable to fit in due to something they cannot do anything with - it's just how they are.

Nightcrawler looks like a demon, Colossus is gay.

Could either make them best friends, or unable to get along well because each see what they aren't comfortable with in themself in the other. Ie, either they find that they are soulbrothers with similiar problems, or they find that they can't get along because they see something they don't like about themself in the other.

edit: It's also partly why Nightcrawler is drawn to Colossus in the first place; they are both single guys unable to get any girls. However, Nightcrawler reasons (rather obviously) that as long as the gorgeous Colossus cannot find a girl to be with, hey, it can't be that bad, there's obviously nothing wrong with him. But now he realize Colossus was never interested, and it hurt his self-esteem badly.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Like it's said above in this, post, one is a demon and another is gay. Both have things that if its out in the open to all 'public' knowlegde, its not like everyone is going to shrug their shoulders.

My guess is something in relation to that.

It seems like the most logical explanation, certainly better than making them illegal immigrants, anyway. :lol: I think that would be a cool way to base their friendship, too, and we'd see their growth quite rapidly throughout the title.

I think they are both gay. But I think nightcrawler is one of the undercover gay guys that is pretending he's not gay, you know down low. I think it shows in that one scene when they are both in the closet. That's kinda like foreshadowing it. Colossus was comfortable being in the closet and nightcrawler was dying in there.

icemastertron said:
Like it's said above in this, post, one is a demon and another is gay. Both have things that if its out in the open to all 'public' knowlegde, its not like everyone is going to shrug their shoulders.

My guess is something in relation to that.

I've got to agree with that assessment. I don't think Nightcrawler's gay, just has a difficult time accepting that one of his best friends in the X-Men in Colossus is.

Synch said:
Colossus was comfortable being in the closet and nightcrawler was dying in there.

Yet it's Colossus who is out of the closet and by your reasoning it's Nightcrawler who doesn't want to get out of it.

Just sayin.

E.Vi.L. said:
Yet it's Colossus who is out of the closet and by your reasoning it's Nightcrawler who doesn't want to get out of it.

Just sayin.
Fine, either way you get my drift.

Frankly, I don't believe for one second Nightcrawler is a repressed homosexual.

Too many references of him wanting to get a girl, most obvious being his disapointment that Dazzler wouldn't hook up with him.

Not every homophobes is a repressed homosexual, despite gay militants opinion to the contrary. Just like not every antisemites wishe they were jewish!

He'll get over it. I don't see a hero maintaining a biased stance for very long. In the Ultimates, perhaps, but not in UXM.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back