Ultimate Colossus

No, I just think it would've been more in Beast's character than Colossus, who was an arms dealer for the Russian Mafia. Homosexuality and the Mafia really don't mix...

Goodwill said:
No, I just think it would've been more in Beast's character than Colossus, who was an arms dealer for the Russian Mafia. Homosexuality and the Mafia really don't mix...

That's why it's more realistic... no one says "Oh, a movie star whose gay, that doesn't make any sense girls are all over him." Being gay is more like a condition you're born with you don't choose to be gay. It's how you are and it can happen to anyone.

Ok, start ripping my head off now...

Goodwill said:
Because you never see it in the open. Honestly, I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.

hehe. have you ever heard of the krays? They were big time (and very famous) London gangsters. Two brothers, the big tough one was bent as a nine bob note. Being gay doesn't mean anything. It's the skills you have. Just coz a guy is gay it doesn't mean he has to mince about and wear makeup.

Well, if you're going to say that it's a condition, I will rip your head off. I think it has to do with how you are built emotionally during both your childhood and your maturity level. Yes, a person's sexuality becomes who you are in a way, however, I don't feel you were born with it and I do think that, if you want to, you can help it, that is, if you see it that way.

Ice, a lot of people make a big deal over something like this that doesn't really need to be blown of proportion. Gay people can be gay and they should have their rights, but that doesn't mean that I like the fact... That's my opinion. My big problem is the fact that he was straight in 616 and now is gay "just because". We've seen nothing else but little jokes about his sexuality and, again, it's insulting to such a cool character.

Alright, so he's gay "just because". Why should that matter, honestly? He's still a great character, and he's really no different. Still a tough man.

And Gui-

Tell it brutha! :D

Goodwill said:
Well, if you're going to say that it's a condition, I will rip your head off. I think it has to do with how you are built emotionally during both your childhood and your maturity level. Yes, a person's sexuality becomes who you are in a way, however, I don't feel you were born with it and I do think that, if you want to, you can help it, that is, if you see it that way.

You know most gay/lesbians have undeveloped organs somewhere in their bodies that give off the wrong hormones... which is why they get "confused" about their sexuality.

So, you're not put off when Vaughan writes lines like, "I like your boots" and blatantly makes him almost flambouyantly gay? That's demeaning a character, Ice. Where is the artistic, deep side to Colossus in the UU? That seems to have been replaced by the Jack from Will and Grace Colossus, which I don't like.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Because Beast is dead now? Millar said he just did it to do it. He isn't trying to get a rise out of anyone. Read what he said.

Millar didn't kill off Beast.

Goodwill said:
So, you're not put off when Vaughan writes lines like, "I like your boots" and blatantly makes him almost flambouyantly gay? That's demeaning a character, Ice. Where is the artistic, deep side to Colossus in the UU? That seems to have been replaced by the Jack from Will and Grace Colossus, which I don't like.

I'll agree to that... I think the whole Boots remarks are forced sort of. I don't see how they can bring up his sexuality unless he just like comes out and starts making out with Longshot though. I think the remarks are there for a reason.

Goodwill said:
So, you're not put off when Vaughan writes lines like, "I like your boots" and blatantly makes him almost flambouyantly gay? That's demeaning a character, Ice.

Goody that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. :roll:

Goodwill said:
Where is the artistic, deep side to Colossus in the UU?

So it's demeaning that he might be flamboyant and fashionable, but it's not demeaning for you to suggest he should be artistic? :roll:

If you are going to criticise someone for pigeonholing, don't do it yourself.

Ok. whoa!
Firstly. the boots thing was just a flirtation. like he would with a girl if he was straight. no big.
Secondly... wtf?? gay people do not have underdeveloped organs :D
And finally. No, people do not choose to be gay. It's who they are, and they cannot help it. That's Christian propaganda speaking. Homosexuality is based on a lot of factors, not least of these are genetic predispositions, this augmented with factors in childhood can make someone become more gay than straight. But generally speaking, i believe most people are of degrees. only a slight one way or the other. a person may be potentially a screaming queen, but not have any experiences to allow them to really get to grips with themselves.

Guijllons said:
Ok. whoa!
Firstly. the boots thing was just a flirtation. like he would with a girl if he was straight. no big.
Secondly... wtf?? gay people do not have underdeveloped organs :D
And finally. No, people do not choose to be gay. It's who they are, and they cannot help it. That's Christian propaganda speaking. Homosexuality is based on a lot of factors, not least of these are genetic predispositions, this augmented with factors in childhood can make someone become more gay than straight. But generally speaking, i believe most people are of degrees. only a slight one way or the other. a person may be potentially a screaming queen, but not have any experiences to allow them to really get to grips with themselves.

SO you agree and disagree with me? I read the organs thing in the paper and it makes sense... alot of it.

UltimateE said:
Goody that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. :roll:

So it's demeaning that he might be flamboyant and fashionable, but it's not demeaning for you to suggest he should be artistic? :roll:

If you are going to criticise someone for pigeonholing, don't do it yourself.

The artistic depth came from his 616 counterpart, I wasn't making it any worse than what it is, E.

I disagree with you. Some of the gay people I know are the hairiest guys you've ever met. how can that be low hormones? And i dunno where you read the trash about underdeveloped organs. But that's just an idiotic slur.

Guijllons said:
I disagree with you. Some of the gay people I know are the hairiest guys you've ever met. how can that be low hormones? And i dunno where you read the trash about underdeveloped organs. But that's just an idiotic slur.

Dude, shut up. I have fur all over my body. :lol: Ok, yeah, it's quite sad :oops: And don't knock the theory it makes perfect sense. I didn't say low hormones I said different hormones.

This is reeeeeal close to being locked up and put away. At ease, soldiers.

Ok Kiddies, all discussion about sexuality or whatever (except Colossus') will now take place in the Sexuality and Comics thread in the lounge. This is for talking about Ultimate Colossus.

Latest posts

Back