Ultimate Colossus

It's not that he has a thing for Wolverine, it's that rumor has it that he's just plain out gay here. Although I doubt it, and there has not been any proof either.

Then again, he did turn into metal when Jean-Paul asked if he was single...

(I still doubt it)

He is gay. Which I dont think should matter at all. When he helped out Logan when Magneto was playing with Wolverine's bones. Then when Storm goes back to go and get Angel back she says that all the girls were staring at Angel and Colossus too.

René said:
He is gay. Which I dont think should matter at all. When he helped out Logan when Magneto was playing with Wolverine's bones. Then when Storm goes back to go and get Angel back she says that all the girls were staring at Angel and Colossus too.

she's riiight i don't know why that didn't jump out at me at first...

( in a "I told ya voice) See, I told ya!!! (end voice)

He is definately gay. If they were to change all the stuff leading up to this, by having him get with Kitty or something.... that'd just be bad writing.

A la Claremont's clues for years pointing to Gambit being the Third Summers brother, and then Leaving the series. (all 616)

Well, Colossus is a character that is definitely underestimated in the Ultimate Universe. He has been since the World Tour arc. He went from a character that was very much like the way I am portraying him in my fan fic; very stoical and quiet but at the same time a part of the team. Then, when Millar decided to shake things up with the World Tour arc, he sort of came out of nowhere, throwing all sorts of emotions at his teammates. This is when the initial gay rumors began because, in the first issue, Wolverine nods to girls as Colossus shys away, and in an issue after he left the team, Jean indicates that his favorite television show is Will and Grace and he's got a crush on a secret member of the team, at the time it was thought to be Wolverine. Millar, I think, kicked that whole thing around for far too long. He went as far as to turn Colossus into a joke of sorts; defining his character by sexual inuendoes and suggestive lines that didn't really fit with what was already given. This irked me and it is the reason why I don't like the fact that he's gay right now. Vaughan has done well giving him more than just those silly little lines, but has been dipping his toes in the same water Millar AND Bendis did. I do think it's a big deal that he's gay right now but if you give me a reason not to have a problem with Colossus being gay like giving him much more of a character than what we've got than I'm open to the idea.

well Dragonmaster I think you don't quite get what they're trying to do with the character at all... It's not exactly easy being a homosexual and they're taking there time with him coming out with it... I don't think Colossus looks like a joke at all... if they stopped with the sexual inuendo's then someone on this thread would be complaining about a open ended plot point that was just suddenly never confronted

The sexual innuendo's have served their purpose. Sometimes its necessary to give the readers access to information some or all of the characters don't have and, in this case, this was done through the use of sexual innuendos and bad Will and Grace jokes

That said, sometimes we have to be hit over the head with things. Its possible that the whole Colossus and Wolverine thing was leading up to soemthing but Colossus isn't one of the characters Vaughn has developed yet really. He hasn't actually done a lot since World Tour which is a shame. As GW said, he's one of the most underrated characters in UU

longshotjimlee said:
Like Beast being alive!!!

Oh give it a rest

*rolls eyes*

I do Agree that Collosus is HIGHLY underrated. He can stand levels of pressure that would kill others. he stopped a train dead in its tracks (superman even gets pushed a little before he can stop it). he singlehandedly carried a nuclear sub out of the water. and he managed to move dispite Magneto's control over him, he actually managed to hit the Master of Magnetism. He's probably stronger than anyone in the UU, with the Possible exception of the Thing, but we'll have to see how that plays out.

Dr.Strangefate said:
He's probably stronger than anyone in the UU, with the Possible exception of the Thing

Hulk, Thor, Iron Man maybe...

According to MarvelDirectory.com.... a lot of people are stronger than him

....check their strength level section...

I don't agree with them though... They have Magneto in the class 100 range and Colossus is in the 70 ton range... so right there they're wrong

I don't think that it was a jab; rather, it was just a question.

To answer it, LS, the strength levels he is talking about refers to the 616 universe. Save the Thing, we don't know anyone's true capabilities...

UltimateE said:
Hulk, Thor, Iron Man maybe...

Thor... well, possibly, but not on grounds of Super Strength, more just power.

Iron Man got his suit ripped apart by the Hulk. The Hulk had a slight edge on Captain America, who Spiderman managed to hold his own against in Ultimate Six.... I really doubt Spidey could beat the crap out of Organic Steel.

Latest posts

Back