Ultimate Comics Armor Wars

Re: Ultimate Armor Wars

guys... the mourning wolverine line was a joke... he was using it as an excuse to not do work. He was at a fetish club while he said that. "OH I simply can't work because I am getting over that wolverine thing... sure... wolverine."

That was what I thought too but then in #2 it's mentioned again that Tony feels strange because he was used to kill someone.

How do you walk amongst an endless sea of bodies and still think about money lost? I know he is eccentric but....

I think he's just in denial about it, Like just putting it out of mind so he doesn't have to deal with it

couldent this have happened after the wave hit, but before they confronted Magneto?

Man, I liked this issue. Then again, I've never disliked anything Ellis has done, especially when it comes to the UU.

It's kinda hard to comment on a lot, though, because it's really obviously just a setup issue. I don't see how this is gonna fit into only 4. Oh, and I really liked the reference back to Ultimate Spidey's heyday. That was pretty cool.

couldent this have happened after the wave hit, but before they confronted Magneto?

No.

From the time the wave hit to the time Magneto was killed, only about 24 hours had passed. Its pretty much impossible to fit in the events of Ultimate Armor Wars (or even just a part of it) into the events of Ultimatum, what with Tony busy with rescue operations, defending the Triskelion from Multiple Man, and traveling with the other big guns to defeat Magneto.

Continuity wise the pod-cast isn't that big of a deal-breaker. While it might not align perfectly with Tony's attitude in the other books, it doesn't outright disprove anything either.

I enjoyed the first issue. I like the ultimate ghost! I think Justine is setting Tony up big time though. Now she has the nanites! Be wary, she is a Hammer afterall.

I suppose if she betrays him Tony can always "Black Widow" her..lol

The art is is impressive. I really like the widescreen take on things.

Warren Ellis should write an Iron Man comic all the time.

I enjoyed the first issue. I like the ultimate ghost! I think Justine is setting Tony up big time though. Now she has the nanites! Be wary, she is a Hammer afterall.

I suppose if she betrays him Tony can always "Black Widow" her..lol

The art is is impressive. I really like the widescreen take on things.

Justine Hammer?

does Ellis reference Justin Hammer from USM?

Did anyone else catch "Vicky Von Düm"? Which sounds eerily similar to Victor Van Damme (Dr. Doom)?

Any thoughts on this? Is this just a play on words or a hint at whats to come?

So they changed the cover of issue 3, from the spider to spider-man huh?

So they changed the cover of issue 3, from the spider to spider-man huh?

A few times, it seems:

No Spidey

Surprise...Spidey!

And like you said, I seem to remember the Spider character on that cover, but can't find it now. Guess it was an editorial decision to just use the existing Spider-based character instead of an intentional clone (figuratively and literally speaking).

Last edited:

is it because the covers were released and solicited before we were certain Spidey was alive?

Latest posts

Back