Ultimate Comics Armor Wars

Re: Ultimate Armor Wars

Is it possible Marvel vetoed the character because of the cannibalism angle?

Is it possible Marvel vetoed the character because of the cannibalism angle?

Its possible, but I don't see the logic in it considering they doubled up on the amount of cannibalism we got in Ultimatum (Blob ate the Wasp, and in turn Giant Man bit off Blob's head). I doubt thats the reason.

I think it was more due to the fact the character would've been a Spidey clone plus a cannibalistic bent...almost pointless, kinda.

MODOK was living in Doctor Faustus's head.

Further proof why Warren Ellis needs to write Iron Man ALL THE TIME.

I love that there is a horror-movie theme in the Armor Wars villains. We have a ghost (the Ghost, duh), Dr. Frankenstein (Faustus complete with his very own Igor and his monster) and now Dracula (Velsing, sucking off Iron Man tech and living in a Transylvannian castle).

And now we have these Firepower guys that look like a rip off of Halo.

Warren Ellis really needs to write 5-issue minis instead of 4. His ending for Ultimate Human was the same way.

So... this mini has just been a jumble of rubbish from the start. Boring, bland, 'hidden conspiracy' story written with little substance.

And so it is, until the last two pages which were brilliant. I loved those pages. A terrific tragic ending.

Warren Ellis should be writing a mini about Tony Stark experimenting with young Reed Richards in the Baxter Building. It would be sexy.

Ourchair would buy 800 copies.

Latest posts

Back