Ultimate Comics Avengers #1 preview

Oh come on. Thats like saying because Scientology is what it is, no one should join a cult disguised as a religion. ;)

You're right. I have been too harsh. Many lives have been saved by joining the cult of the Nexus (aka Ultimate Central).

Wow. I never thought I could be this excited about the UU again. I'm intrigued as to how Perun will be used like will he have restrictions for being a team member due to GTA. Hawkeye seems to be back to how he was originally written minus costume.

Can't wait til Wednesday!

I feel like that preveiw should have been followed by a page that just said "DUN DUN DUUUUN!" on it (like the suspense music)

this is what Loeb's run on the Ultimate line has done to my mind

Seconds before the Moondragon Clones attacked.

Also, the first issue of Ultimates vol. 1.

Wow. I never thought I could be this excited about the UU again. I'm intrigued as to how Perun will be used like will he have restrictions for being a team member due to GTA. Hawkeye seems to be back to how he was originally written minus costume.

Can't wait til Wednesday!

I think they'll be gradually removing pieces of the Loeb/Mad Hawkeye costume in Ultimate Avengers to make him look more like the original Ultimate Hawkeye designs, but still with some goggles, just not with the stupid-*** bullseye and "Grifter" mask.

You're right. I have been too harsh. Many lives have been saved by joining the cult of the Nexus (aka Ultimate Central).

Just don't drink the Kool-Aid.

So not really any new news regarding the upcoming Ultimate books at WWC (maybe a few minor details). Still, so glad that this week I can look forward to an Ultimate book written by Millar. And I'm even kind of excited for USM, though I'm not a fan of Lafuente's art style (way too cartoony/anime for my tastes). Ultimate Armor Wars looks like a lot of fun as well. The only thing I'm dreading is Loeb's New Ultimates which hopefully will never happen.

Last edited:
Just don't drink the Kool-Aid.

So not really any new news regarding the upcoming Ultimate books at WWC (maybe a few minor details). Still, so glad that this week I can look forward to an Ultimate book written by Millar. And I'm even kind of excited for USM, though I'm not a fan of Lafuente's art style (way too cartoony/anime for my tastes). Ultimate Armor Wars looks like a lot of fun as well. The only thing I'm dreading is Loeb's New Ultimates which hopefully will never happen.

Yeah, to me it seems like making a title called "New Ultimates" is jumping the shark and Loeb should really just stay off the Ultimate line. With Warren Ellis writing Ultimate Armor Wars, it feels like the UU is once again in the hands of the people who helped create it... and Loeb. The Loeb part of it just screws everything up. Can't he just go away for a while? Maybe help write a TV show?

Latest posts

Back