Ultimate Dazzler Question

As far as I know, "what sound" is any sound in general

That's what I thought. I didn't think she needed to sing for them to work; she can just pull a sound out of the air so to speak and transform it.

Also (and we've had this discussion before), she doesn't even seem to officially be a student at the school, much less received any training, and we've seen her in - what - 2 fights...she probably has no idea how to use those powers to fight or defend herself.

I believe the original Dazzler needed sound that wasn't her own voice. So she could sing into a mic and manipulate the audio from the speakers, but not manipulated her original voice. Also something about a costume that stored audio that she could discharge to manipulate in battle? But that seems to be out the window with Ult. Dazzler.

Well, she seemed to use her powers fairly well in the rescue attempt after Gambit collapsed that ferris wheel. I think you outta rethink your opinion there, UltimateE.

Well, she seemed to use her powers fairly well in the rescue attempt after Gambit collapsed that ferris wheel. I think you outta rethink your opinion there, UltimateE.

I saw her helping out, not using her powers. There were lights around her, but what were they doing? Didn't look like they were doing anything to me. She was helping people get out, Colossus was keeping the structure from falling apart.

She was freeing them from their seats on the ferris wheel... She wasn't shooting lights out of her hands for nothing!

She was freeing them from their seats on the ferris wheel... She wasn't shooting lights out of her hands for nothing!

How are the lights supposed to free people from their seats? Admitedly I never followed Dazzler real close - I thought the lights were just that.

Of course, she used the lights to push Sinister out of the window. Any Dazzler experts want to clarify what her lights are capable of?

Her lights are capable of hurting people. Depending on how much she uses. Like when Cyclops can stun someone with his beam, but not kill anyone. She could have used her lights to free people from the seats (again they can anything solid), but she just didnt.

Hope that helped.

Cyclop's blasts do not burn people, Dazzler's does. Funny because Cyke's powers are derived from the sun whereas Dazz's powers are from the sound she makes.

Her powers were burning the metal bars on the ferris wheel, I'm pretty sure. That's what I got from.

Hey ummm I think they did a great job wit Dazzler. I have been a X-men fan since I was around 5 probably lol from the cartoon show to the cards etc. but anyways I never gotten to know that much about Dazzler etc. her history, story, personality, etc. but now I am in the Ultimate world and I like her character for sure.

Goodwill said:
Cyclop's blasts do not burn people, Dazzler's does. Funny because Cyke's powers are derived from the sun whereas Dazz's powers are from the sound she makes.
I've always wondered about Dazzler --- does that mean Banshee could power her up and amplify her abilities? Or even Black Bolt assuming her brains don't implode from the first word he says.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I imagine Banshee could juice her if he wanted to. I actually like that idea a lot.
I'd bet there're other ways Banshee would like to juice Dazzler. :mrgreen:

ourchair said:
I'd bet there're other ways Banshee would like to juice Dazzler. :mrgreen:

LOL, but only if he's into the dirty punk rock type chick. Maybe when Banshee gets Ultimized he could be a rock star too, sort of a Tommy Lee-esque type character or something (though that would probably be really redundant in light of Dazzler's Ultimate persona).

DIrishB said:
LOL, but only if he's into the dirty punk rock type chick. Maybe when Banshee gets Ultimized he could be a rock star too, sort of a Tommy Lee-esque type character or something (though that would probably be really redundant in light of Dazzler's Ultimate persona).
No, Ultimate Banshee would be a washed-up Irish rocker who fights to remove Third World debt.

Now that I think about it, that'd be awesome. Especially if Peter Milligan wrote the character.

God! that would be terrible, you'd never get away from him. Just minding you're own business and "just give us your ****ing money now people are dying you ****ing greedy ****s" comes blaring out across the rooftops.

*shudder*

Latest posts

Back