Ultimate DC

''will killing an old fart like me really make you feel good.''
''killin ya, no, everything that leads up ta the killin', now that'll be a gas; you can go ahead and scream now.''-Marv, Sin City

The Finale - Ultimate Teen Titans

teentitans.jpg

Ultimate Teen Titans
The Origin: It's N Sync meets superheroes. When the JLA emerges as media darlings after their battle with Despero, LexCorp manufactures its own superteam. Gathering a group of hip, good-looking teenagers with superhuman abilities, Luthor's PR team designs marketable codenames and costumes for each. Calling them the "Teen Titans" (a name the team hates), Luthor now has a cash-cow bonanza first, "superhero" team second.

The Characters: Placing ads in all the Hollywood trades; LexCorp holds auditions for the team. First to sign on is a young acrobat named Richard Grayson, who desperately wants to escape his life in the carnival act with his parents. Coming prepared with the code-name "Nightwing" he's more than a little disappointed to instead be labelled "Robin." Then there's Raven, a mysterious Goth-chick who spent years living on the streets through a combination of street smarts and her control of her "living darkness." Escaping from the island of Themyscira was easy for Donna (who creates a last name in Troy), but escaping her big sister Diana's shadow may be harder; Donna is given the codename Power Girl (instead of the proposed name 'Wonder Girl'' to avoid trademark infringement with the JLA's Wonder Woman), which suits her fine since she wishes her presence in Man's World remain secret from her Amazon sisters. The arrogant Prince Arthur of Atlantis, a 19-year-old future king called Aquaman, wants to familiarize himself with the surface world before taking up his royal responsibilities; he insists he's the team's natural leader, much to the chagrin of the others. Roy Harper - given the name Green Arrow - was raised on an Indian reservation learning dead shot marksmanship with his bow; the wildcard of the team, Roy takes immense pleasure in ribbing team-mates (like calling Robin "****." or Aquaman 'Artie"). The final piece to the Teen Titans make-up is accident victim Victor Stone, who LexCorp rebuilt as Cyborg.

The First Arc: Marketed as a pop-star superteam, the Teen Titans are sent out to battle low-level supervillains and thugs, allowing decisive victories. But when the team discovers Green Arrow overdosing on Ecstasy after a rave with Raven, the Titans secretly buck their bosses in their off-hours to get their hands dirty. They take out an E lab without telling LexCorp, which wants to keep the team's image squeaky clean. During the raid though, Power Girl accidentally kills a dealer, creating rifts among members. What's worse - keeping all of their extracurricular activities on the down low proves tougher than they ever imagined, particularly when members like Green Arrow, Raven and Cyborg refuse to participate!

The Big Picture: With a murder hanging over the team's collective heads, the Titans still participate in more nightly raids on drug dealers and gang-bangers, But as time goes on, their meta-human vigilante activities spark the first Ultimate DC crossover by attracting the attention of a rival team: the Justice League.

ok, so are these comics gonna happen? and if so when? :? or are these just for promotional use only? :?

elfreo said:
ok, so are these comics gonna happen? and if so when? :? or are these just for promotional use only? :?
These are pipe-dreams done by wizard magazine, if I'm not mistaken.

Shame though, seems like they're good ideas on thier own, even without the classic DC nods.

Yeah, I'd probably prefer these than the "All-Star" things.

Well done Craig, and I must say that I love all of these characters, man. Thanks for taking the time for finding all of these people and their backgrounds and so on. Superman and Batman look great but I am very glad that they started with John Stewart for GL. Next is Flash, who is pretty cool so far but I don't really like the sun-glasses.... Maybe if they were a tad bigger he would look cooler. Finally, Wonder Woman who is very cool and smoking hot. I like how they made her more Greek in appearance with her weapons and I also like how she has more junk-in-the-trunk.

Thanks a lot Craig. If only these dreams will come true......

Eh. Am I the only one who doesn't like those? They read more like pitches for WB dramas than pitches for comic books.

Fair enough, I mistyped.And he didn't. Personally I liked most of them, but I hate when I tell people I dislike something and they tell me to read/watch it again or that I just didn't get it.

I understand where you are coming from but it has been a while since this topic has seen the light of day and I just wanted to refresh his mind. Maybe it could change his opinion or maybe not.....it is he that decides that, not I.

Nope. It's still lame.

I don't know. The word that comes to me is, "cheesy".

Haha, alright, its your opinion so what am I supposed to do? Make you change your ways? No, thats not how I do things.

Did you happen to like the way some characters looked? If you did, say which ones Zombie.

You say cheesy like it's a bad thing. Cheesiness is next to godliness.

I understand. But this isn't cheesiness bathing in itself. It's derived, non-aware cheesiness. The saturated network TV crap.

I actually digged most of the costume designs, although Flash's was pretty lame.

Edit: The cover pic for Justice League was too cool, even though their rendition of Martian Manhunter sucks balls. Superman's emblem looks like the design for a road sign, to me. It sure doesn't look like an S, at least. And the Teen Titans affair (picture, blurb, the whole mess) makes me want to puke a kidney.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I invented a kind of "Ultimate DC". I came up with tons of sketches and plot outlines and evertything. Hmm, this thread has renewed my interest in that idea.

To the Fanfic Forum!...

Latest posts

Back