Ultimate DC

Nah i wanna see 'em all :D Too big boobs for wonder woman there !

The all-star thing is not the Ultimate universe - it's the answer to it, but it isn't the same.

See, I thought it was, but what the all-star thing really is - it's just 'elseworlds' with a different name.

They get the best in the business, and say "Here's 12 issues with this character. Do what you want." They're single-story arcs for a year. Not an ongoing series with a universe.

To point this out, someone interviewed Morrison and asked him if All-Star Batman was in his All-Star Superman. Until that point, it wasn't even considered that the two characters were in the same continuity.

These are just supposed to be high-quality books involving major characters, with no continuity outside those issues.

I suppose, they're kinda like the comic-book equivalent of the Batman and Superman movies - totally independent, only based on the comics.

Bass said:
The all-star thing is not the Ultimate universe - it's the answer to it, but it isn't the same.

See, I thought it was, but what the all-star thing really is - it's just 'elseworlds' with a different name.

They get the best in the business, and say "Here's 12 issues with this character. Do what you want." They're single-story arcs for a year. Not an ongoing series with a universe.

To point this out, someone interviewed Morrison and asked him if All-Star Batman was in his All-Star Superman. Until that point, it wasn't even considered that the two characters were in the same continuity.

These are just supposed to be high-quality books involving major characters, with no continuity outside those issues.

I suppose, they're kinda like the comic-book equivalent of the Batman and Superman movies - totally independent, only based on the comics.

I don't like the sound of that.

So far that's what DC's saying but I think that in the end DC is going to make it in their version of the Ultimate Universe.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't like the sound of that.

I do, it sounds really cool... all the best villians in about 13 comics ? Could it be cooler ?

SeAcoW said:
I do, it sounds really cool... all the best villians in about 13 comics ? Could it be cooler ?

Yep. I was all set for following Batman and Superman from their origins... I thought that's what the line was gonna be like. Now I've been let down... If it's not like that I probably won't even pick it up. I'm sure there are others (especially on this site) who feel the same way.

:cry:

I'm one of them...I never really got into DC comics mainly because their back-story/continuity is even more whacked out than Marvels (despite them trying to reconcile this with the 1986 mini-series "Crisis on Infinite Earths"). Also, DC's characters still seem to much like yesterday's heroes. I got excited when I heard DC was going to be coming up with their own Ultimate line, a chance for me to check out some of these characters (who, admittedly, are based on their regular DCU selves) from the beginning, like we got in the Ultimate U. Anyway, I'm not looking forward to this too much, but maybe once more info comes out I'll change my mind. Anyone have a link where I might find out more about this project?

The only good character in DC is Green Lantern. What they need to do is in the Exiles, they need to get Storm as a member. Travel to the DC universe and trade her for GL (Kyle Rayner). I mean come on. DC has heaps of GL's

Didn't Kyle Rayner die? DC has many GL's that have died as well.

I think he's still alive. But Hal Jorden is going to be the current Green Lantern. I guess Kyle is going to be a reserve member like Jon Stewart and Guy Gardner.

There's a thread dedicated to All-Stars discussion, so carry discussion of that there.

So when's are you posting the next one Project? :(

0a6d17b3.jpg

Ultimate Green Lantern

The Origin: Dishonorably discharged by the military's highly trained Delta Force, John Stewart's life is going nowhere... until he's recruited into the intergalactic police force called the Green Lantern Corps. A rookie grunt assigned to Sector 2814-Earth, Stewart's mentor is the corps most senior officer: Sinestro.

The Character: No one knows why Stewart was thrown out of Delta Force but as he puts it "I had one bad day" A social activist now in Los Angeles, Stewart's happy to serve out his days not fighting in anyone's wars, until he's given the power to truly make a diffrence.

Supporting Cast: A slew of Alien GLs fill the title, but Stewart's main interaction is with his training officer Sinestro. A brilliant strategist and one of the most powerful Green Lanterns ever, Sinestro will give John Stewart-and the reader- the vibe that this Green Lantern may be furthering a dark agenda.

The Set Up: Trained by Sinestro, Stewart quickly gains a reputation as a hotshot upstart. And, like his fellow officers on the GLC planet Oa, he still never sees their commanders called the Guardians, who are said to give the rings their power.

The First Arc: Think "Training Day" in outer space. The rookie GL asks " What happened to the other Green Lanterns before me?" "Simple" says Sinestro with a smile. "It didn't work out." As Sinestro reveals his shadier side while the story progresses, Stewart grows more and more interested in just where the Guardians and his new ring and power battery come from.

The Big Picture: Over time, Stewart discovers the Guardians are dead-killed by Sinestro, who's been secretly running the Corps for some time now. He also learns that his mentor has been giving rings to inadequate Green Lanterns to dupe the various solar systems into a false sense of security, mudering any Corps member who gave Sinestro any potential opposition, Hist ultimate goal: The creation of robotic Manhunters deep inside Oa to destroy the flawed GL Corps, subjugate the planets under their protection and set Sinestro up as the conqueror of the Galaxy.

I was just guessing. I thoguht he died and got reincarnated into some GL god or something. But that's for another thread. This is to talk about Ultimate DC. So comment on Ultimate Green Lantern!

Latest posts

Back