Ultimate Extinction #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

The cover of #1 says "#1 of six"! :roll:

icemastertron said:
It's part of it. The third part. Ultimate Galactusis the trilogy.
Ok, so its the third part of a trilogy. Hence the last part.

Korinthian said:
So is that a yes or a no?
Pretty obvious its a yes.
Ultimate Warrior said:
It's the third part of a trilogy. The first part was Ultimate Nightmare which was 5 issues long, then it was Ultimate Secret which was 4 issues long and now we have Ultimate Extinction which, last time I checked, is 5 issues.
Basically he just said what Ice said. What Kor? You couldn't undertsand Ice? WTF?

UltimateE said:
The cover of #1 says "#1 of six"! :roll:
They've screwed up covers before, nothing new.

Ultimate X-Men #39 says Blockbuster part 4 when it should be part 5. And Thanos #12 says part 4 of a story when it should e part 6.

UltimateE said:
Extinction is 6 issues.
*Goes to check*

Well, what do you know! Now it's 6 issues. :D
(To my defense, that was NOT easy to see :wink: )

Edit: Taken from Marvels homepage:

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #1

The Story:
ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #1 (of 5)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

Which one is right? I have no idea anymore.

Last edited:
It's always been 5, first I've heard it's 6.

I bet it's 5.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Edit: Taken from Marvels homepage:

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #1

The Story:
ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #1 (of 5)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

Which one is right? I have no idea anymore.
Like I said, it's most likely this scenario:

icemastertron said:
They've screwed up covers before, nothing new.

Ultimate X-Men #39 says Blockbuster part 4 when it should be part 5. And Thanos #12 says part 4 of a story when it should be part 6.

Last edited:
Spade said:
im thinkint the final one was double sized and they split it into 2 to make 6
IF there is a sixth issue. There wasn't anything about it last Friday in the shipping update list. Maybe there'll be something this Friday. We'll see.

I liked the issue. The best parts was what they should in the previews. Misty Knight was cool. I loved the Sliver Surfer as a cult leader. The wings didn't look as bad as they did on the cover.

B+

"As bad but still bad" or "As bad... I'm kind of impressed"?

Also, you thought what they showed in the preview was the best part? I disagree. Personally, I'm getting sick of Reed knowing so much! :) He's still my boy and all, but he's too smart.

Goodwill said:
Also, you thought what they showed in the preview was the best part? I disagree. Personally, I'm getting sick of Reed knowing so much! :) He's still my boy and all, but he's too smart.
How is he "too smart"? What he knows here he got from the files...

I got this today. A bit underwhelming, but still alright. It was nice to see how the G.L.K. (Gah Lak Tus fo' all ya'll *****es that ain't from da streets) actually attacks. And I liked Silver Surfer and the cult thing.

icemastertron said:
Yeah, cuz she's most likely, Moondragon. But also remember this, the tattoos are working perfectly for Doom, and he has no need for them. And better yet, this mini happens before Ulitmates 2. And the tattoo in UFF is during the same year or so during Ultimates 2.

No they're not. UFF's Doom arc occurs in late 2002 (at least as the timeline stands right now, the President Thor arc might change that), and Extinction in 2004.

In other words, they're not related. At all.

That I agree with, though.

There's no reason to. Clearly, by visual, and continuity (if you think about it), it's not the same thing. Doom is not involved. How the hell would he fit into the story? There's no reason for him.

Maybe the Gah Lak Tus Trilogy is a segue into Ultimate Secret War? Doom played a big part in the 616 version...God...I hope not.

UltimateE said:
Ice - I agree that I don't *think* there is room for Doom in that way, but what do we know? Ever read Secret Wars? In it, Doom battled (and almost beat) Beyonder after sort of defeating Galactus and absorbing the power Galactus was about to consume from destroying his home world. So it's not like there isn't precedence.

Damn, you beat be to the Secret Wars reference.

icemastertron said:
When I say something's done, IT'S DONE.

**coughcoughhyper-hubriscoughcough**

Latest posts

Back