Ultimate Extinction #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

icemastertron said:
There's no reason to. Clearly, by visual, and continuity (if you think about it), it's not the same thing. Doom is not involved. How the hell would he fit into the story? There's no reason for him.
I know it's just easier for me to see who thinks what so I can send out the invitations to my gas-cham...er slumber party.

Last edited:
I thought that the biggest difference between the tatoos (beside the obvious differences in style) was that the tatoos given from Doom was near the spine so it could interact with the impulses too and from the brain but Moondragon has her around her arm.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm going to laugh my arse off if Fuzzy is right. :D

I will too, even though I don't think it will happen for the very reason that Warrior pointed out above. But geez you guys get so defensive about it.

Ice - I agree that I don't *think* there is room for Doom in that way, but what do we know? Ever read Secret Wars? In it, Doom battled (and almost beat) Beyonder after sort of defeating Galactus and absorbing the power Galactus was about to consume from destroying his home world. So it's not like there isn't precedence.

Granted, I would hate to see that, and I think most of us would and that's why everyone is so uptight about it, but there's nothing wrong with making that connection. Sheeeeeeesh.

UltimateE said:
I will too, even though I don't think it will happen for the very reason that Warrior pointed out above. But geez you guys get so defensive about it.

Ice - I agree that I don't *think* there is room for Doom in that way, but what do we know? Ever read Secret Wars? In it, Doom battled (and almost beat) Beyonder after sort of defeating Galactus and absorbing the power Galactus was about to consume from destroying his home world. So it's not like there isn't precedence.

Granted, I would hate to see that, and I think most of us would and that's why everyone is so uptight about it, but there's nothing wrong with making that connection. Sheeeeeeesh.
That's not why I'm uptight about it. If it was Doom's dragon, I'd be all for it. Thing is it's not and... that's it. It's not Doom.

icemastertron said:
This is like the millionth time you asked me.

I have not read that.

You should try it. But read Secret Wars first. Have you ever read Secret Wars?

Concerning the dragon tattoos: the first time we saw them, they were BLUE and had four fingers (extinction:5, UFF26: 3; both green), so I guess they can change a little here and there.

I do not believe, however, that Doom is involved.

Silver Surfer being The Big Gah (this is what "Gah Lak Tus" means in alienese) seems a bit farfetched to me, I can't imagine him needing money or needing to save anyone.

I kind of hope that Silver Surfer turns out to be pretty much useless, at least compared to his 616 incarnation, like a promise to us readers that we won't meet too many über-powerful cosmic heralds/whatevers in the future.

Oh, and do we know why Gah Lak Tus eats planets harboring intelligent life yet? Is it to prevent lowly life forms to evolve into "gods" or something?

And if Gah is only eating planets with life on them, how come we saw stars going out (Ultimate Secret, I think) in the direction of Gah (this would indicate that he travels slower than light, too)? It makes sense that he eats stars for energy, but why then bother with the life-planet?

Perhaps Gah Lak Tus is just a big ship holding a race that wants to keep all other races in check (kind of like Independence Day). Is eating the planet's energy to fuel up or is it just to make sure no surviving life forms can return to the place and start over?

So many questions and only four more issues to answer them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the third part of a trilogy. The first part was Ultimate Nightmare which was 5 issues long, then it was Ultimate Secret which was 4 issues long and now we have Ultimate Extinction which, last time I checked, is 5 issues.

Thank you, my post will be edited accordindly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate Warrior said:
It's the third part of a trilogy. The first part was Ultimate Nightmare which was 5 issues long, then it was Ultimate Secret which was 4 issues long and now we have Ultimate Extinction which, last time I checked, is 5 issues.

Extinction is 6 issues.

UltimateE said:
Extinction is 6 issues.

Wasn't it supposed to go 5-4-5? I'm pretty sure Warren Ellis said this himself. :?

Latest posts

Back