Ultimate Extinction #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Bass said:
616 Dark is where Captain America is black. And Spider-Man too. Iron Man comes from the Middle East.

Ironically, Black Panther is an ironic name now, for the superhero who's really a white teenager desperate to get off his coke addict and look after his girlfriend's unwanted teen pregnancy.

I would buy that, and set up a message board for it as well.

great issue. loved it...it's starting to feel more epic and grand (as it should)
does anyone else sense the moondragons teaming up with SHIELD to take down gah lak tus?

My question is why the Moon Dragons would attack SHIELD when they are practically doing the same thing they are...

SHIELD is trying to get rid of Gah Lak Tus and stop it coming to Earth.

The Moondragons want Gah Lak Tus on Earth so that they can ascend with it and don't want anyone ****ing up their opportunity to be a part of Gah Lak Tus.

Not the same thing really. :)

Bass said:
I really hope he gets his own ongoing. The Ultimate universe should be more than just 616 Lite.

I don't care if he gets his own ongoing, or joins a team like The Ultimates. I just think there should be more Mar Vehl up in here!

Well, I'm beginning to think the Moondragons were a stupid idea... BUT they are entertaining enough and only in the corners of the mini-series so I don't mind it.

If Morrison can wrap up 7 mini-series in one issue, then I'm sure Ellis can do it with 3.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely... Ellis had this planned out from the beginning. I don't doubt that Ellis will be able to kick all kinds of *** with the conclusion to the Trilogy.

I wondered about that when I found out that Silver Surfer was actually the Silver Men... And again when Fury said they were collecting up the Silver Man from New York City. I do wonder if we'll see more of the Silver Surfer... However, I wonder what good he'll be if he doesn't have any arms or legs.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Not a chance. In fact, I'd be cool never to see him/them again. They don't seem to have any independence from Gah Lak Tus this far and for "one" of them to pull away and be all like "oh, I want to be human. I want to... Love..." would be cheese.

Agreed.

TheManWithoutFear said:
They don't seem to have any independence from Gah Lak Tus this far and for "one" of them to pull away and be all like "oh, I want to be human. I want to... Love..." would be cheese.

First of all, I doubt anyone imagine that one of the SS would pull away. Far more likely one could be cut off from Gah Lak Tus after his defeat.

And he doesn't need to go Barney on us. He should remain a villain. Perhaps plotting to bring back Gah Lak Tus in this dimension (assuming Reed plan to expel him into another dimension).

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
First of all, I doubt anyone imagine that one of the SS would pull away. Far more likely one could be cut off from Gah Lak Tus after his defeat.

And he doesn't need to go Barney on us. He should remain a villain. Perhaps plotting to bring back Gah Lak Tus in this dimension (assuming Reed plan to expel him into another dimension).

Well becoming all sinister to pull a "rick moranisesque Gatekeeper" on us would be even worse. Just let it go. Silver Surfer, the way they've done it. Can not be brought back to us plausibly. Only the fanboys will approve.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well becoming all sinister to pull a "rick moranisesque Gatekeeper" on us would be even worse. Just let it go. Silver Surfer, the way they've done it. Can not be brought back to us plausibly. Only the fanboys will approve.

I don't think that statement is true...besides, applying plausibility to a comic book is in itself kind of ironic. I understand what you're saying though...you don't want to see a possible return of the character(s) turn out...well..."cheesy", as you put it, and I'm sure most of use would agree. But to say there's no viable or valid way to bring the character(s) back, especially in a comic book, doesn't really make much sense.

DIrishB said:
I don't think that statement is true...besides, applying plausibility to a comic book is in itself kind of ironic. I understand what you're saying though...you don't want to see a possible return of the character(s) turn out...well..."cheesy", as you put it, and I'm sure most of use would agree. But to say there's no viable or valid way to bring the character(s) back, especially in a comic book, doesn't really make much sense.
You're right. That makes me sort've a hypocrite. I'm sure they'll think of something.

There are plausible ways to bring back the Silver Surfer... They are essentially seeds to physcologically convince human beings that they will meet their inevitable doom sooner rather than later... They've got to have some mental capacity to explain that and to counter any doubt from those who are in disbelief. I don't think we understand the Silver Men enough to say they are just mindless weapons. One could certainly stand on it's own two feet... That is, if he had feet. There'll probably be more development on the Silver Men in this last issue. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back