Ultimate Extinction to start in December

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As mentioned in the current issue of Wizard Magazine (#167), Ultimate Extinction, a 5-part mini series, is set to start this December, with Brandon Peterson (Ultimate X-Men, Strange) as the artist, and Warren Ellis (Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate Secret, Planetary) writing. Ultimate Extinction will feature the debut of the long awaited Ultimate Galactus, and is the final part to the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy, following Ultimate Nightmare and Ultimate Secret. But as Warren Ellis has said himself, Galactus won't be what you think.

"Galactus is not a big guy in a purple helmet," said Ellis. "Galactus is a big and scary and alien and not at all what you'd imagine. Galactus is a thing that scourss inhabited planets for life. A 100-foot-tall guy in a Death Star isn't totally convincing in that gig. And you don't defeat him by beating him up or waving a little gadget at him."

Stay tuned for more info when available.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
As mentioned in the current issue of Wizard Magazine (#167), Ultimate Extinction is set to start this December, with Brandon Peterson (Ultimate X-Men, Strange) as the artist, and Warren Ellis (Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate Secret, Planatery) still at the writing helms. Ultimate Extinction is set to have the debut of the long awaited Ultimate Galactus. But as Warren Ellis has said himself, he won't be what you think.

As mentioned:

"Galactus is not a big guy in a purple helmet," said Ellis. "Galactus is a big and scary and alien and not at all what you'd imagine. Galactus is a thing that scourss inhabited planets for life. A 100-foot-tall guy in a Death Star isn't totally convincing in that gig. And you don't defeat him by beating him up or waving a little gadget at him."

Stay tuned for more info when available.

I'm hoping for a Gah Lak Tus that is three parts, Gah, Lak and Tus, which are like ships/homes for the main army. The main army is a plague of alien bugs. :D

So if all goes rights (hey, you never know!), than it should go like this:

December: #1

January: #2

February: #3

March: #4

April: #5

DIrishB, time to update that timeline! :wink:

Sounds good to me... Instead of being excited about this, though, I'm just eager to see how things end. There's been too many delays on this trilogy for me to say that I'm anticipating big things out of it anymore. :Sigh: :roll: But that's just me...

When did the first Ultimate Nightmare come out? Coz if we go month for month after that, would the trilogy be finished yet?

And yay for no big guys in purple helmets.

Guijllons said:
When did the first Ultimate Nightmare come out? Coz if we go month for month after that, would the trilogy be finished yet?
Ultimate Nightmare started last year, August, I believe it was.

Where the hell do you people get your information? I can't find a page that'll update upcoming comics or anything for the Ultimate titles.

Last edited:
Russian Tank said:
Where the hell do you people get your information? I can't find a page that'll updaye upcoming comics or anything for the Ultimate titles.
The source is always listed.

Russian Tank said:
I can't find a page that'll updaye upcoming comics or anything for the Ultimate titles.

That's what we're here for. :mrgreen:

icemastertron said:
So if all goes rights (hey, you never know!), than it should go like this:

December: #1

January: #2

February: #3

March: #4

April: #5

But lets not hold out breath.

Good to see its 5 issues instead of 4, prolongs the drama some.

DIrishB, time to update that timeline! :wink:

Already done...but something is worrying me. I tried to also update the shipping release which is at the end of the timeline, but I guess the timeline is getting too long (too many characters, think the limit is 25,000). This isn't a big deal as of yet, but sometime soon in the future it looks like I'll have to make a version 3.0 and just post it in several different posts to fit it all in.

DIrishB said:
Already done...but something is worrying me. I tried to also update the shipping release which is at the end of the timeline, but I guess the timeline is getting too long (too many characters, think the limit is 25,000). This isn't a big deal as of yet, but sometime soon in the future it looks like I'll have to make a version 3.0 and just post it in several different posts to fit it all in.

Off topic but relevent so I'll address it real quick - yes, the limit is currently 25,000 characters. PM me and we'll figure out a workaround.

Anyone else afraid that Ellis might do a bit of repitition from when he wrote The Authority killing God? I mean the premise that he put out, A group of ruthless people just trying to survive the coming of an ancient and powerful entity, is pretty much what he did there.

Baxter said:
Anyone else afraid that Ellis might do a bit of repitition from when he wrote The Authority killing God? I mean the premise that he put out, A group of ruthless people just trying to survive the coming of an ancient and powerful entity, is pretty much what he did there.
Not being one that read that, cant say that I am.

So Im just one of the many that just waits in anticipation of what he will be like.

I've heard Ellis likes to recycle his ideas... For instance, in Planetary, there was explosions and stuff going off like in Nightmare and the UFF arcs that he did ran closely to another title that he wrote. As long as it is original to the UU, I'm fine.

Baxter said:

Hmm, maybe.

Goodwill said:
I've heard Ellis likes to recycle his ideas... For instance, in Planetary, there was explosions and stuff going off like in Nightmare and the UFF arcs that he did ran closely to another title that he wrote. As long as it is original to the UU, I'm fine.
I've noticed a bit of repitition in a few diffrent things of his. Nothing major, or even to the level that Millar seems to do if you read alot of what he's written, but with the less than whole hearted approach he seems to have taken with some of his work for hire lately I'm a bit worried that we're just going to get a bit of a rehash of some of his Wildstorm work released to a wider audience.

Not that more people shouldn't go read his Wildstorm work. :wink:

Baxter said:
Not that more people shouldn't go read his Wildstorm work. :wink:

Ellis's Wildstorm work is possibly the best stuff he's ever done. :D

616 Galactus

I wasn't a comic-reader when galactus came around in the 616, u guys mind telling how he was defeated back then?

Latest posts

Back