Ultimate Fantastic Four #20 (Discussion/Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The issue was pretty good. I still like how Jae Lee drew the characters, and how it all ended. The way that Rhona showed Reed her flashback was pretty cool, with the injection and all. I thought that she was gonna get captured somehow, but she got away. No surprise, but they way she did I thought it was pretty well written.

But the ending does tie into Millar's run. The Reed from the other dimension contacted Reed! Didn't think that's how things were gonna start, but I think that's great! Can't wait for Crossover now! :D

icemastertron said:
The issue was pretty good. I still like how Jae Lee drew the characters, and how it all ended. The way that Rhona showed Reed her flashback was pretty cool, with the injection and all. I thought that she was gonna get captured somehow, but she got away. No surprise, but they way she did I thought it was pretty well written.

But the ending does tie into Millar's run. The Reed from the other dimension contacted Reed! Didn't think that's how things were gonna start, but I think that's great! Can't wait for Crossover now! :D

Against almost all that I believe in, I read a friends copy of Ultimate Fantastic Four ( a few of you may know I dont particularly like Ultimate books, but I do like The Ultimates). It wasn't a bad read, however I'm looking forward to seeing some of MIllar's run, I might pick up an issue of that to see how he is an F4. But yeah, it wasn't bad, if your an Ultimate book reader, check it out.

ok i wont get the issue for a couple more hours but im dying 2 know, did they get thier 4s, code names, and team name? we know now that they have all this in issue 21 from the 12 pg priview but they didnt show how they got thier names and 4s so either it happened in this issue or they have a lot of explaining to do.

pretty much reed said shes mad and she said "well if i'm mad then i must be the maddest thinker ever.......You guys i think crossover will take place after ultimate secret they said the reason they pushed it to sept was because it conflicted with crossover this would explain why they dont have code names and even called the ff yet in issue 20 an suddenly in 21 thier famous, my theory, at the end of secret they will get thier names

Spade said:
pretty much reed said shes mad and she said "well if i'm mad then i must be the maddest thinker ever.......You guys i think crossover will take place after ultimate secret they said the reason they pushed it to sept was because it conflicted with crossover this would explain why they dont have code names and even called the ff yet in issue 20 an suddenly in 21 thier famous, my theory, at the end of secret they will get thier names

Give it a break. The reason they didn't get their "codenames" and Logos is because this happens immediately after The N-Zone arc. They didn't even have time to breathe and they get attacked by The Mad Thinker. The superhero stuff will probably come next issue.

On to the issue...

Carey's the ****in' man. I don't even care if Millar comes on. This was an awesome arc. Mad Thinker... that was messed up! Awesome villain and she's going to try to mess with Reed so much and I had chills it was just scary. The lump on the head, Her brother... insanity. I'm sad Carey's going but Millar will be cool. I'm still skeptical on who Reed is meeting. If it's 616 then why would he be in so much trouble? Lee's art was awesome as always..

I liked the story. Wow, genius psychos should not be left alone with their siblings.

The art, well I didn't like it. Some of those panels were so dark; I thought maybe I had picked up a bad copy of the book.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm still skeptical on who Reed is meeting. If it's 616 then why would he be in so much trouble?

Perhaps due to events from House of M? Just kidding, but that would be a hell of a way for Marvel to connect the two universes. I'm still hoping its not 616, just a parallel Earth similar to 616. It would be really awesome if Reed named this reality 617 or something. Anyway, hopefully its not a 616/Ultimate crossover, but if it is, I don't think its a big deal.

SPOILERS?

Dudes, am I the only one that's flipping out about the fact that she stole her brother's brain and put it in her own head???? That's a sweet F-ing villain!
I loved the art in this story a lot. Most of the panels would make excellent album covers. I liked that he drew Reed all stretched and droopy. It looked quite good in all the sillouettes (sp?)
I had no idea that was supposed to be an alternate universe Reed calling him, though. I figured it was maybe an Inhuman. But that's still pretty sweet.
For a two issue arc, this was very well done.

With the lights and colors in the arc combined with the scene when Rhona takes a piece of her brothers brain it reminds me of an nightmare I ones had. Other than that it was pretty cool.

I am still amazed at how good the ultimization was. Not only did he take the character and change the gender but I'm sure Mad Thinker was just some goofy villain. Carey's created probably the most pyschotic villain in the UU and should be given crazy props for it because I think I was almost crying during the brain surgery scene... I know Carey worked on UDD/UElektra, right? That was good stuff but this was just amazing. What else has he worked on? Could you imagine if there was a Carey/Hairsine teamup with a villain like the Mad Thinker? I'd have nightmares.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I am still amazed at how good the ultimization was. Not only did he take the character and change the gender but I'm sure Mad Thinker was just some goofy villain. Carey's created probably the most pyschotic villain in the UU and should be given crazy props for it because I think I was almost crying during the brain surgery scene... I know Carey worked on UDD/UElektra, right? That was good stuff but this was just amazing. What else has he worked on? Could you imagine if there was a Carey/Hairsine teamup with a villain like the Mad Thinker? I'd have nightmares.
Carey's a beast man. He's the current Hellblazer writer for Vertigo, and was 0one of the writers that took up the Sandman tourch after Gaimen left, actualy contributing hings of worth instead of simple reformation of the ideas presented by Neil. He writes Lucifer and just started a mini called Neverwhere wich is an adaptation of Gaimen's book/tv miniseries. I'd reccomend checking out Hellblazer: All His Engines OGN to see if his horror styled writing is to your taste.

Latest posts

Back